• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Signings You're Glad We Never Made

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kieron Dyer.

Apparently Wenger was a big fan, me too after he impressed for Jamaica against Argentina in World Cup '98. Heroic performance from the little man

Sadly, injuries killed the little guy.

entropy13

Established Member
Yoann Gourcuff and Sebastien Frey, because they've been "linked" to the club for almost a decade now. If they actually signed for us then that streak would have been broken. LOL

juice man

Can't make his mind up
When Kranjcar smashed a great goal for Serbia in Euro 2008, I was hoping Wenger would break the bank for him.
Kranjcar is Croatian, and he never scored at the Euros in 08.

I see a couple of people mentioning Niko here, but I think his career would look much different if he never played for Sp**s. Its pretty widely agreed upon amongst Croatia fans that his time at Sp**s hurt his career. Massively talented player who spent his prime on the bench for Sp**s. Deserved a lot more playing time than he got. Was never the same after.

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Kranjcar is Croatian, and he never scored at the Euros in 08.

I see a couple of people mentioning Niko here, but I think his career would look much different if he never played for Sp**s. Its pretty widely agreed upon amongst Croatia fans that his time at Sp**s hurt his career. Massively talented player who spent his prime on the bench for Sp**s. Deserved a lot more playing time than he got. Was never the same after.

You seem to have missed the tune of this thread, so sorry I messed it up.
I think it was Vucinic who scored for Croatia back then. I easily mix the ex-Yugo last names :p

You seem to have missed the tune of this thread, so sorry I messed it up.
I think it was Vucinic who scored for Croatia back then. I easily mix the ex-Yugo last names :p

I don't think he has missed the tune at all, it is true that a lot of these players careers stalled at other clubs, but that is not to say that if another club or Arsenal were to buy them they would have excelled under the right manager/environment.

and if you are going to mention a player you should probably do better than to make up a scenario regarding them

The flops that we have avoided over the years are quite obvious (Gourcuffs etc) it's however the ones that became flops through poor transfers which are the ones which frustrate me. Bernard is one of those players, we were heavily linked to him in 2013 but instead he chose to move to Shahktar and I dont think anyone has heard anything from him since.

One player that I think has the potential to flop is Firmino, he was one of my favourite bundesliga players to watch, up there with De Bruyne and Draxler. I feel as if moving to liverpool is a bit of a risky move and wouldn't be surprised if we see rumours of his departure, similar to that of di maria, after just one season.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I don't think he has missed the tune at all, it is true that a lot of these players careers stalled at other clubs, but that is not to say that if another club or Arsenal were to buy them they would have excelled under the right manager/environment.

and if you are going to mention a player you should probably do better than to make up a scenario regarding them

:D :D

I was referring to other tune.

It all started when @GDeep made Inler a starter for Turkey, then others tuned in.
Milner for South Korea, Zidane for Algeria, Podolski for Poland etc...

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom