• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Jazz

At the end of the day we all know Wenger is not going to change formations/style of play/tactics. We also know for a fact that we can't win the league until we get a better striker as has been shown over and over, in the same frustrating manner, for the 4 whole seasons Giroud has been a starter.

Anything else we potentially do this summer is void unless we improve on the main recipient of all the chances the rest of the team works so hard to create.

N

NotAUserName

f7lHheR.jpg
Switch Xhaka and Coq and replace Coq with Santi.

hieuving85

well I just can't see Mr Wenger play 2 strikers up top. so, that diamond midfield basically is not realistic though.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

well I just can't see Mr Wenger play 2 strikers up top. so, that diamond midfield basically is not realistic though.

Well by that logic you could say theres no chance of him changing from what he did last season. Which might be correct :lol:

cloista

If the strikers were instructed to work the channels that could work. Wilshere/El Neny could both work on the sides of the diamond too. Not sure who'd work as the DLP if Xhaka wasn't available though, I don't think Wilshere or Rambo are disciplined enough, Coq can't dictate games, and Cazorla holding would be **** defensively. I guess it'd have to be El Neny.

cloista

Griezmann would be perfect for one of the front 2 in the diamond, he was brilliant central for France today.

LordBump

ATM, the best team we have on paper is....

Cech
Bellerin, mertesacker, koscielny, monreal
Xhaka, cazorla
Wilshere, Özil, Alexis
Giroud

CB and striker are obvious weak areas with only poorer players to support. RW is not ideal.

We're going to be left short once again.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
ATM, the best team we have on paper is....

Cech
Bellerin, mertesacker, koscielny, monreal
Xhaka, cazorla
Wilshere, Özil, Alexis
Giroud

CB and striker are obvious weak areas with only poorer players to support. RW is not ideal.

We're going to be left short once again.

Ramsey in for Wilshere wide right for me as i think he offers more of a goal threat and I'd also opt for Elneny of Santi next to Xhaka otherwise the midfield would lack athleticism.

indy23

Good read-

ARSENAL PRE-SEASON PREVIEW: WHICH YOUNGSTERS KNOW THE WAY TO SAN JOSÉ?

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...ew-which-youngsters-know-the-way-to-san-jose/

As things stand, there are 30 players in the Arsenal first-team squad, but, with many individuals having featured for their countries, only 14 of them (Kieran Gibbs, Gabriel, Nacho Monreal, Santi Cazorla, Francis Coquelin, Mohamed Elneny, Emiliano Martinez, Chuba Akpom, Per Mertesacker, Theo Walcott, Serge Gnabry, Mathieu Debuchy, Alex Iwobi and Yaya Sanogo) are set to have a full pre-season with the club, fitness permitting.

Damn hope Arsenal arent going to fleece pre season tickets for these 4 jobbers.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Good read-

ARSENAL PRE-SEASON PREVIEW: WHICH YOUNGSTERS KNOW THE WAY TO SAN JOSÉ?

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...ew-which-youngsters-know-the-way-to-san-jose/

Akpom opportunity once more to impress in pre-season like every other season since 2013. With the way Wenger is taking long to sign a striker, he needs to have a remarkable shift in trajectory. Ability is not the question for me - it's application IMO. I can go with the theory that his loans haven't suited him (Afobe had a shocking loan spell at Bolton, Kane never pulled up trees on loan either), but his record still doesn't inspire confidence from fans.

However, I know he can be a very good player (I know, I'm a massive Akpom mark :lol:). He has the pace, dribbling, willingness to run the channels and is a good technical player. His issue is one of focus. The greed I can forgive. But he gets way too excitable in front of goal and lacks composure currently. It's like he gets giddy at the thought of scoring and blows his load too quick. He can shoot, and some of his finishes have been very good. He just needs to relax more and do the simple things (said the same in Ox thread a few mins ago).

I'm tired of Giroud playing 40-50 games every year and doing the same sh*t - if Wenger doesn't sign anyone, Akpom needs to do this, as unlikely as it is to happen. Nobody saw Rashford coming last season, we need our own Rashford moment.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

At the end of the day we all know Wenger is not going to change formations/style of play/tactics. We also know for a fact that we can't win the league until we get a better striker as has been shown over and over, in the same frustrating manner, for the 4 whole seasons Giroud has been a starter.

Anything else we potentially do this summer is void unless we improve on the main recipient of all the chances the rest of the team works so hard to create.
He did change to 4141 before so I think he can change its just very difficult for him to do so.

The rest spot on.

Reyes no.11

Formation: 4-2-3-1

GK: Cech(c), Ospina, Martinez
LB: Monreal, Gibbs
CB: Koscielny(vc), Chambers
CB: Gabriel, Mertesacker
RB: Bellerin, Jenkinson

DM: Xhaka, Coquelin
CM: *Kante, Elneny

LM: Chamberlain, Campbell
AM: Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Iwobi
RM: Sanchez, Gnabry

CF: *Higuain, *Lacazette, Welbeck

In: Kante, Lacazette, Higuain

Out: Szczesny, Debuchy, Özil, Walcott, Giroud, Sanogo

First XI

------------------------------------Cech

Bellerin------------Gabriel----------------Koscielny---------Monreal

----------------------Kante--------------------Xhaka

Sanchez------------------------Ramsey----------------------Chamberlain

----------------------------------Higuain

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Elneny, Cazorla, Campbell, Welbeck, Lacazette

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Formation: 4-2-3-1

GK: Cech(c), Ospina, Martinez
LB: Monreal, Gibbs
CB: Koscielny(vc), Chambers
CB: Gabriel, Mertesacker
RB: Bellerin, Jenkinson

DM: Xhaka, Coquelin
CM: *Kante, Elneny

LM: Chamberlain, Campbell
AM: Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Iwobi
RM: Sanchez, Gnabry

CF: *Higuain, *Lacazette, Welbeck

In: Kante, Lacazette, Higuain

Out: Szczesny, Debuchy, Özil, Walcott, Giroud, Sanogo

First XI

------------------------------------Cech

Bellerin------------Gabriel----------------Koscielny---------Monreal

----------------------Kante--------------------Xhaka

Sanchez------------------------Ramsey----------------------Chamberlain

----------------------------------Higuain

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Elneny, Cazorla, Campbell, Welbeck, Lacazette
My eyes are bleeding.

Sell Özil and play Ramsey at No.10?

Get yourself checked into Broadmoor asap

LordBump

ATM our lineup for 1st game against Liverpool......

Cech
Bellerin-mertesacker-Gabriel-monreal
Coquelin
Xhaka-elneny
Wilshere-cazorla-iwobi
Theo

Ospina?, chambers?, Gibbs, Ox, a bunch of youth.........

That is some killer planning there from Mr Wenger.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom