• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
On the basis of all player threads, Cech isn't good enough, Chambers isn't good enough, Coquelin's limited, Elneny isn't good enough, Ramsey isn't good enough, Walcott isn't good enough. Iwobi needs to step up. And Oxlade isn't good enough.

I'll also add my own take as well that Monreal isn't good enough.

Impact

Established Member
Chambers is still only 21. He should be out on loan learning his trade but also equally vitally on loan making his mistakes elsewhere. Same with Holding.

Still think, if managed correctly, Chambers, Holding and Bielik can all have very good careers here.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
A loan for Chambers to a PL club would be fantastic, let's not forget as good as Kos is he's 31 next month, a long term solution will be needed before long.
I think Chambers will be a fantastic CB.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

One thing that's clear is that changes are needed in our pre-season.

A 'top' team that's only won one out of the last seven opening games is clearly not preparing like they should be. For example Liverpool had played 9 games by the start of the season.

9 may be extreme but we need to play more in pre-season and more importantly, against better sides

Chami

One thing that's clear is that changes are needed in our pre-season.

A 'top' team that's only won one out of the last seven opening games is clearly not preparing like they should be. For example Liverpool had played 9 games by the start of the season.

9 may be extreme but we need to play more in pre-season and more importantly, against better sides

That's accross the world commercial pre-season tour for you...

every little thing

How are we going to prepare well when we can't get the transfer done before the first game? Wenger tactic in transfer window has caused uncertainty within the club and players.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Get Usmanov, stay in Austria, get more fans by winning instead of tippy tapping around the world pretending we're good at 'soccer'.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
On the basis of all player threads, Cech isn't good enough, Chambers isn't good enough, Coquelin's limited, Elneny isn't good enough, Ramsey isn't good enough, Walcott isn't good enough. Iwobi needs to step up. And Oxlade isn't good enough.

I'll also add my own take as well that Monreal isn't good enough.

Cech is still good enough
he is one the top5 best goalkeepers in the world the last 10 years
but we should have an exciting youngster in the ranks because at his age one injury can be it. heck I still rate Chesney and he is HG. he can reclaim the number one spot after another year in Italy IMM

Chambers mahy not be good enough yet, but he will be, and he will get games when we rest Bellerin to so no shortage of gmaes for him even if we sign a new defender

Coq: is good enough but we don't play his type of midfielder, when both are fit Ramsey and Xhaka plays
Ramsey in form is one of the best CMs in the league and provides lots

El Neny is good squad option

Walcott never rounded out his skills enough and yes isn't good enough technically,, in form andh ealthy he can score decently but overall his game is not enough

The Ox, well if he gets a good season udner his belt I think he should get the nod, he has more wellrounded skills than Theo...

Iwobi is one for the future and shouldn't be relied on, that can fvck up his development

Wilshere: good enough but falls between the cracks position/role wise
heck I like the guy, arsenal thru and thru, he got a left foot, isn't afriad to tackle, should have some sort of positional sense he is a cm after all. try him at LB

because

Monreal IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH
never known to be fast nad now he has slowed down. he always tries to pass responsibility of, he doesn't win much 50/50s either attacking or defending, doesn't do his guy. squadplayer not starting XI!

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Monreal IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH
never known to be fast nad now he has slowed down. he always tries to pass responsibility of, he doesn't win much 50/50s either attacking or defending, doesn't do his guy. squadplayer not starting XI!
He's not is he? Painfully average.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He's not is he? Painfully average.

And it pains me to say because he seems like a swell guy

he has been rock solid in the past but I started seeing it last season really.

loved how he played CD and fought his heart out for the team

but an LB in a modern team like we are supposed to be needs wingbacks like Bellerin on both flanks

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I thought Monreal was one of our best players last season but from pre season, he does seem to be getting isolated and struggling. I' still trust him more than Gibbs though.
We still need a striker,a CB and a RW. And then we need to ruthless and get rid of the space wasters.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I thought Monreal was one of our best players last season but from pre season, he does seem to be getting isolated and struggling. I' still trust him more than Gibbs though.
We still need a striker,a CB and a RW. And then we need to ruthless and get rid of the space wasters.

He probably looked good because he didn't make mistakes, but he didn't do any hitgets either, he is risk minimizing but not opportunity maximizing

he tracks back but never really catches people, he goes forward but not really past players

he marks but he never really steals the ball

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He probably looked good because he didn't make mistakes, but he didn't do any hitgets either, he is risk minimizing but not opportunity maximizing

he tracks back but never really catches people, he goes forward but not really past players

he marks but he never really steals the ball
In a team like ours, you learn to appreciate that.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom