• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He probably looked good because he didn't make mistakes, but he didn't do any hitgets either, he is risk minimizing but not opportunity maximizing

he tracks back but never really catches people, he goes forward but not really past players

he marks but he never really steals the ball
He defends well for the most part. Going forward,he ghosts past the opposition and might have whipped in a few more balls. I think he has intercepted a fair few balls too. He's rarely caught napping and clueless like Gibbs. He's just less dynamic than Bellerin. Gaya would be an ideal replacement but I think that ship has sailed.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Our forward line at least on paper looks as good as Chelseas but can't touch Cities or Uniteds.

Yes I missed out the possessive apostrophe on purpose.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Zlatan, Rooney, Mikitarian, Mata, Martial, Rashford, Depay.

Aguero, KDB, Silva, Nolito, Sterling, Sane, Ienacheo, Jesus/Navas.

Up to the first 3 we aren't light years off but there are 4 in a modern day attack and from position 4 onwards we lack.

Sanchez, Özil, Giroud, Walcott, Ox, Welbeck, Akpom

Reyes no.11

Formation: 4-2-3-1

GK: Cech, Ospina, Martinez
LB: Monreal, Gibbs
CB: Kosicelny, Gabriel
CB: Mustafi, Holding, Chambers
RB: Bellerin, Jenkinson

CM: Xhaka, Elneny
DM: *J.Martinez, Coquelin

LM: Sanchez, Gnabry
AM: Özil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Iwobi
RM: Chamberlain, Walcott

CF: Welbeck, Perez, Giroud

In: J.Martinez
Out: Debuchy, Mertesacker, Wilshere, Sanogo

First XI

-------------------------------------Cech

Bellerin------------Mustafi---------------Koscielny----------Monreal

---------------------J.Martinez-------------Xhaka

Chamberlain--------------------Özil---------------------------Sanchez

----------------------------------Welbeck

Subs: Opsina, Gabriel, Elneny, Ramsey, Walcott, Perez, Giroud

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Our forward line at least on paper looks as good as Chelseas but can't touch Cities or Uniteds.

Yes I missed out the possessive apostrophe on purpose.

United's ? I'd put Cities and Chelsea fwd lines above Uniteds. Both have pace movement and imagination not sure Uniteds do . I like the Scousers as well.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Still think, if managed correctly, Chambers, Holding and Bielik can all have very good careers here.
I know it's good to be optimistic but has Bielik ever started a league game for us?

As with any player I hope he does well but there isn't a snow balls chance in hell he starts for us. Mustafi, Koscielny, Holding will all feature ahead of him, Gabriel and Mertesacker will return amd feature ahead of him. Chambers started two games last season and he is ahead as well.

He isnt getting into the midfield either. Who knows we might see him and Holding in the league cup or something but for the league we'd have to be crippled with injuries and suspensions.

Prawn Sandwich

I'm way more optimistic.

I don't agree with signings for the sake of signings but I really don't think we were equipped to get a top four finish this year.

To add such a highly regarded centre half will make for a pretty strong defense.

Another style of striker gives you options of how to set out your game plan, couple that with loads of ways to set out your midfield and you can try different things home and away in the Champions League.

The steel wall midfield away from home will be a sight to see! Especially after we've controlled the home tie with more of a ball playing midfield!

Brett

Now wenger has to get the contracts of Özil and sanchez extended quickly. And try and get a lb and cf next season.
Otherwise it will become a case of one step forward two steps back.

haha_arsenal

we still need another top ST when it comes to next season,
Giroud and Welbeck won't cut it.

where do we play Wilshere ?

Impact

Established Member
I know it's good to be optimistic but has Bielik ever started a league game for us?

As with any player I hope he does well but there isn't a snow balls chance in hell he starts for us. Mustafi, Koscielny, Holding will all feature ahead of him, Gabriel and Mertesacker will return amd feature ahead of him. Chambers started two games last season and he is ahead as well.

He isnt getting into the midfield either. Who knows we might see him and Holding in the league cup or something but for the league we'd have to be crippled with injuries and suspensions.

My comments re Bielik were very much to do with the future. I don't consider him a viable starting option now at all.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
we still need another top ST when it comes to next season,
Giroud and Welbeck won't cut it.

where do we play Wilshere ?

With the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi coming in who are both around 23-24, we should have plenty of strong years with them. 2 of our problem areas finally fixed.
I'd say next step is to tie up Özil and Alexis.

That leaves us all this year to really focus and pour most of our budget on THAT striker, Giroud will be over 30 so it will be priority #1 without doubt.

I can see Theo, Ox, Wellbeck and Chambers playing for their lives this year.

Wilshere plays next to Xhaka, this should be a season where he's in and out looking after his fitness. Next season he explodes.

GK - Czech, Ospina
RB - Bellerin, Debuchy
LB - Monreal, Gibbs
CB - Koscielny, Mustafi, Holding, Gabriel
DL - Xhaka, Coquelin
CM - Wilshere, Elneny
AM - Özil, Cazorla
RW - Ramsey, Theo
LW - Alexis, Ox, Iwobi
ST - Giroud, Perez

Season injuries - Mertesacker, Wellbeck
Season loans - Chambers, Jenkinson, Gnabry

looking real good now bar any further injuries.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Despite the depth in the DCM positions, it's a worry. We need a partnership to form and fast.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

My comments re Bielik were very much to do with the future. I don't consider him a viable starting option now at all.
With Mustafi, Holding, Chambers and Gabriel are defence is covered for 6 - 10 years. Even if two of those four are moved on in that time the demand will be for an instant ready made player.

That's my gut. Unless a bizarre sequence of events happen it's hard to see where Bielik, or any other young player, forces their way in. Also given Wenger is likely to move on.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
I think it's just recognising some good work has been achieved this summer. One glaring position still needs work, but that'll be next season.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom