• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steven Nzonzi

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
You stole my thoughts....N'Zonzi is the first one I thought of after finding that Fabinho is heading to Pool. If we can't get a player of the Fabinho/ N'Zonzi caliber to stabilize our MF, we should have reasons for concern.
We should definitely be concerned.
He started for France today and judging by Twitter (missed the game) he seemed to have an excellent game.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I feel like it’s 12-18 months too late. Good player but getting on a bit. I wouldn’t want him at that price.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I feel like it’s 12-18 months too late. Good player but getting on a bit. I wouldn’t want him at that price.
Agreed that the fee seems high. What better alternative can we get close to that fee though?

He does seem to tick many boxes. Tall, strong, athletic, good passer, played under Emery, played in PL, experienced some cold wet Monday nights at Stoke.

I really want to see a strong technical CDM to see if that stabilizes us defensively.

say yes

forum master baiter
Agreed that the fee seems high. What better alternative can we get close to that fee though?

He does seem to tick many boxes. Tall, strong, athletic, good passer, played under Emery, played in PL, experienced some cold wet Monday nights at Stoke.

I really want to see a strong technical CDM to see if that stabilizes us defensively.

Not a priority any more :drool:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He surely would contribute quite a lot for one or two years and help us get back into contention for top four, however, with a new head of scouting in Mislintat, who's famous for signing rather unknown and exciting talents, this does not make sense to me at all.

Even more so as we have a very limited funds and should sign the Torreira's, Dembele's and Pavard's of this world rather than a 30 years old player who will decline soon and be without re-sell value.

We should be doing the exact same thing as Dortmund has done before - overachieve with limited funds, finding a few young talents that are going to be worldbeaters.
That should be the fans wish and Kronke's wish as well.
I want players that are already good but have the potential to be worldclass in the not too distant future.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I don‘t get the obsession Arsenal fans have with him, he‘s a poor mans Xhaka with worse passing skills.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He surely would contribute quite a lot for one or two years and help us get back into contention for top four, however, with a new head of scouting in Mislintat, who's famous for signing rather unknown and exciting talents, this does not make sense to me at all.

Even more so as we have a very limited funds and should sign the Torreira's, Dembele's and Pavard's of this world rather than a 30 years old player who will decline soon and be without re-sell value.

We should be doing the exact same thing as Dortmund has done before - overachieve with limited funds, finding a few young talents that are going to be worldbeaters.
That should be the fans wish and Kronke's wish as well.
I want players that are already good but have the potential to be worldclass in the not too distant future.

That’s how I see it. Rather spend that money on someone who could become world class rather than have him fill a gap for two or three years.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
That’s how I see it. Rather spend that money on someone who could become world class rather than have him fill a gap for two or three years.

Right.

There are three possible advantages for such a scenario:
1. You spend less but get a potentially far better player in the long term
2. You don't get a problem in the very position after 2 years again, that way we will never be able to fix all problems together
3. You can either make profit in re-sell or dont loose to much money as young talented player's dont loose too much value after a mediocre season

Of course, the obvious disadvantage is to sign a player who fails and then the question arises as to why the experienced proven solution has not been chosen.
That being said, the whole point about a new scout in Sven is to have trust now that he repeats his masterclass from his Dortmund years.
In addition, players like Torreira, Pavard, Zakaria etc are almost certain to hit the ground running. It's veeery unlikely that they fail or we make a loss by selling them again.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
If we sign him I guess Emery already has a clear picture of his first XI and the setup of players and their roles. I wouldn't be underwhelmed with the signing.

That said, I don't think we're into him. Probably media guesswork since it's logical (and we're never logical in the market).

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I rated N' Zonzi when he was in the PL. However I think someone mentioned this previously that his lack mobility, speed and athleticism being paired with Xhaka isn't ideal (the same applies with Rabiot and Carvalho). If we are looking to go 4-2-3-1 and for an partner for Xhaka being either a DCM or defensive minded box to to box then they will ideally be able to cover a lot of ground and be mobile e.g. Danilo, Docoure, Tousart, L.Bender and Kramer.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I don‘t get the obsession Arsenal fans have with him, he‘s a poor mans Xhaka with worse passing skills.
I don't think we're obsessed with him... Just think we're accepting our level now as a club.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I rated N' Zonzi when he was in the PL. However I think someone mentioned this previously that his lack mobility, speed and athleticism being paired with Xhaka isn't ideal (the same applies with Rabiot and Carvalho). If we are looking to go 4-2-3-1 and for an partner for Xhaka being either a DCM or defensive minded box to to box then they will ideally be able to cover a lot of ground and be mobile e.g. Danilo, Docoure, Tousart, L.Bender and Kramer.
Kante would've been great. Let's hope for a fire sale at Chelsea if things continue on their current trajectory there.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom