• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tales from the RAWK side

Emibury

Don't know why you think that. Liverpool's situation is not dissimilar to Dortmund's when Klopp came in - floundering in upper mid-table (I think they finished 13th the season before he came in) with a fairly mediocre squad, living on past glories. He turned them around into a force in Germany and Europe without spending much at all.

I think the evidence we have suggests that Klopp would be good for Liverpool, given enough time and control.

Marmaduke

I think the evidence we have suggests that Klopp would be good for Liverpool, given enough time and control.

Bear in mind the ridiculous committee and management at LFC, I don't think they are level headed Germans in charge.

I don't remember Dortmund pre-Klopp to be honest but remember that competition in the PL as of now is a lot more fierce. United barely made it into 4th place with all their spending so it leaves little hope for clubs a tier below to be able to actually get into the top 4 barring a great deal of luck like Liverpool 2 seasons ago.

Emibury

Yeah, the way LFC is run means I think every manager is likely to fail there, so it does not really matter who comes in.

I disagree with the point you make about the PL being particularly fierce or tough - PL teams are failing miserably in the Europe at the moment.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Not sure if you are serious? Back to back Bundesligas, a CL final, and a bunch of cups on a relative showstring against big spending Bayern and European opponents. In the season they reached the CL final, the only player that had cost more than 5m was Reus.

Oh, and the fact that you think the German league is a "two team league" shows you know nothing about German football. Dortmund were a mid-table team for several years before Klopp came in. The fact you consider the league to be a two-team league is testament to his achievement!
you have a point. i dont know anything about german football.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How are they reacting to the Firmino signing? I'm assuming he's now the best player in the league?

Emibury

How are they reacting to the Firmino signing? I'm assuming he's now the best player in the league?

I tend to look at the official Liverpool forums, as they tend to give a more accurate impression of how Liverpool fans actually feel - threads are not "cleaned" there and negative posts are not removed.

The general impression is that he is a great signing, many are describing it as a "marquee" signing. A feeling they overpaid a bit at £29m but that does not matter. General relief that they have not signed another Championship player.

Refo

One thing that people aren't noting re: Klopp at Liverpool, is that the Bundesliga wasn't as competitive at the top as the EPL is now, when Klopp started to turn Dortmund around. He'd do well to get them into the CL.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
A few more delightful quotes to enjoy this weekend with:

personally, i think rafa's time at LFC was a masterclass in transfer dealing...

(LFC sign Firmino / RAWK member gets carried away) Can anyone photoshop firmino holding the premier league title? (For My Twitter)

It looks like we are back in the conversation for top four and perhaps even the title...

And **** me..

(Schneiderlin, Ramos & Lloris) I'm quite happy to see them signing players like this, as none of them really put them at a level above us.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
"(Schneiderlin, Ramos & Lloris) I'm quite happy to see them signing players like this, as none of them really put them at a level above us."

Allen, Lovern & Mignolet >> all, in their eyes.

*laughing emoticon* ****ing hilarious

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Even after we'd signed Özil, it was unanimously agreed on this forum it wouldn't be enough to win the title.

How does Firmino guarantee a Liverpool title challenge?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
(RAWK Moderator) NEXT TIME I READ "IF BENTEKE DOESN'T WORK OUT" EVERY ****ING THREAD ON HERE IS GETTING CLOSED.

mediumKimJongIl.jpg

We should all make an account there (can one do that actually or do you get screened extensively first by the FBI?) and post it everywhere.

Emibury

I think Benteke could do alright for Liverpool - he scored around 1 in 2 for Villa in Lambert's side that seemed almost allergic to scoring goals. But his success is hardly guaranteed ('Pool sign huge numbers of strikers - most fail, a few are startlingly good), and RAWK mods reactions again seems laughably absurd about anyone who dares to mention this.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom