• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bit of a tap in merchant for me. Tall without being incredible in the air or having great hold up play and passing range.

There’s a reason he’s been squeezed out of the line up by Giroud and Werner especially when the latter couldn’t buy a goal. Don’t think he’s cut out for a top level team.

Don’t really see what he offers above Aubameyang tbh. Buy an actual RB, White and spend big on DCL or Nacho next year. That’s a more rounded striker.

Also should have learnt our lesson with Willian and Luiz.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No need. I’d get it if he was special but he isn’t. We have a lot of strikers experienced as well as young and talented.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Would be a Welbeck like transfer, another mediocre reject from a rival club, better save the money for some serious talent like Isak

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
at this price range we also should give Vlahovic 1 more year to develop at Fiorentina and then get him next summer or even cheaper if he didn't sign new contract and will have only 1 year left.

at the moment we should see what will happen with Martinelli and Bolagun specially Martinelli who look like quality winger/striker and can be easily 15-20 goals player if he keep developing.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Here we go again. Trying to justify signing a Chelsea reject by doing Good Will Hunting-like formulas to prove that he is a good player. We have five strikers, and Abraham is 4th choice at a club we should be competing with.

**** off.

Malky

Established Member
So we’re trying to sell Nketiah to buy a slightly older Nketiah - another striker who’s not good enough for a top club. :facepalm:

Pyres7

If you're gonna block Martinelli and Balogun, it has to be either a proven. finished product with the numbers to back it up, or an elite prospect who's considerably better than those two.

We don't need another Welbeck.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Okay let's just make 0 signings this summer and not improve then?

The whole point is we don't have a AM at the moment. We are light on quality at CB. But at Striker we have Auba, Laca and Balogun. Abraham right now makes no sense.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t sign a player but why can’t you sign Abraham like how you mentioned White and Maddy? At least you have ESR as no 10 for long term, you have no long term striker right now.

You could have this: Auba/Pepe - Abraham - Saka

If anything given that Maddy is so much expensive, Abraham could be the better choice than Maddy and you can rely on ESR as your no 10. Basically, Abraham, White, ESR, Tierney for your long term rebuild. If you sign Maddy, what’s going to happen to ESR? Is ESR talent and potential not better than Maddy?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Looks a good player at times, but anyone who tells Saka to shut up can go fk off. Hed only be complaining he doesnt get as much love as the other players do within a week.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’m not saying you shouldn’t sign a player but why can’t you sign Abraham like how you mentioned White and Maddy? At least you have ESR as no 10 for long term, you have no long term striker right now.

You could have this: Auba/Pepe - Abraham - Saka

If anything given that Maddy is so much expensive, Abraham could be the better choice than Maddy and you can rely on ESR as your no 10. Basically, Abraham, White, ESR, Tierney for your long term rebuild. If you sign Maddy, what’s going to happen to ESR? Is ESR talent and potential not better than Maddy?

Mainly because I don't hold Abraham in the same regard as White and Maddison. I don't think Abraham has a particularly high ceiling. I think Maddison can and currently is playing for a side who can get into the top 4. I think White has the potential to be a top 4 player. But I just can't see Abraham as a top 4 striker. He could obviously prove me wrong.

We do absolutely need something to change in our attack personnel wise though.

Jakarta

If we didn’t have Balogun or Martinelli I could understand this but right now I don’t just get the point of bringing him in.

He’s a decent striker don’t get me wrong, but he doesn’t strike me as a striker for a top 4 chasing side, if anything he’s a West Ham/Wolves/Brighton level player. His technique, hold up play leaves a lot to be desired. He’s basically a tall fox in the box striker. The thing that puts me off him the most is that despite his height he literally has no power or explosiveness...he’s just languid in style.

I don’t see him improving beyond the level he is at atm. Plus £40M is joke...better using that money in positions we really need and then sign a top striker next summer.

And oh don’t forget a 34 year old Giroud has been preferred constantly over him...that should be enough of an alarm bell to any gooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom