• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tank Farmer (Out)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I still think he offers us something tbh. I don't like the label 'squad player', because it implies they'll never be good enough to break into the first team, but I feel his good qualities like his direction, power and confidence make him a rare exception. We're in a position to accept having one or two these types. Firm second choice, but a good option if you want to throw the kitchen sink at it.

I think he is on big old wages though

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
hehe

we have a borderline CL team. If we're selling Kola and replacing him with guys like Moreno or whoever, we're gonna have a hard time getting back to the top 4

Moreno would be fine as a backup if Arsenal moves both Kolasinac and Nacho on. Say they brought in Tierney from Celtic to be the starter, Moreno on a free transfer could add depth and competition. But in either case, he would be a defensive upgrade on Kolasinac as a left back (even though he's more of an offensive player himself) and at age 26 would have much fresher legs than Monreal.

The funny thing is that Moreno was actually playing some of the best football of his career (he had been called back into the Spain NT) when he hurt his ankle in the Champions League in December 2017 and eventually lost his job to Andy Robertson. In fact, the Liverpool Echo wrote an article about seven weeks later about the "selection dilemma" Klopp faced with Moreno coming back from injury and Robertson having played so well in his absence. They wrote: "Over the next few weeks, Klopp must decide to either keep faith in his £10m summer signing from Hull or re-instate a defender who was playing the best football of his four-year Liverpool career prior to injury," then listed some stats that bore out.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/jurgen-klopp-could-soon-liverpool-14199335

There's no shame in not being able to win your job back from Andy Robertson, who is arguably the best left back in the Premier League. People keep calling him a crap player, but he isn't. He's actually pretty good.

If you compare their recent OptaStats performance profile, the only area where Kolasinac has an advantage is in chance creation. Moreno grades out as the better all-around player.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-05-at-1-43-35-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-05-at-1-44-02-PM.png

So while Moreno would certainly not be the best option, he could present some good value as a free transfer. I think fans are only against it because they go with the herd mentality that keeps repeating the "Moreno is crap" narrative (which is standard with any player who isn't starting for another club).

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Iconic GIF wish I could give you three likes.

But yeah all depends on team setup. If we get a setup where the gameplan is to bypass the midfield and attack with pace then we only need average possession players. Liverpool did this really well in in 17/18 but understandably suffered against teams who dropped deep and forced them to play with their midfield.

Not sure how they bypassed that this season, not even sure if they did, the improvement in their defence might have been enough.
Van Dijk spraying it around.

Not like that.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Moreno would be fine as a backup if Arsenal moves both Kolasinac and Nacho on. Say they brought in Tierney from Celtic to be the starter, Moreno on a free transfer could add depth and competition. But in either case, he would be a defensive upgrade on Kolasinac as a left back (even though he's more of an offensive player himself) and at age 26 would have much fresher legs than Monreal.

So while Moreno would certainly not be the best option, he could present some good value as a free transfer. I think fans are only against it because they go with the herd mentality that keeps repeating the "Moreno is crap" narrative (which is standard with any player who isn't starting for another club).
very interesting. You give a very good presentation for him.

But really, if we are going for a backup, Monreal is better than Kola. He dovetails much better with Özil/Iwobi.

So, unless Monreal is leaving, this would be change for change's sake.

Wish we find some original player for left back position like Liverpool did with that Robertson kid at left back. Not some average old pal of Emery that hasn't really cut it in the league.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Didn't Klopp prefer Milner as LB when robertson couldn't play over Moreno? I doubt any big clubs will be in for him tbh.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I still think he offers us something tbh. I don't like the label 'squad player', because it implies they'll never be good enough to break into the first team, but I feel his good qualities like his direction, power and confidence make him a rare exception. We're in a position to accept having one or two these types. Firm second choice, but a good option if you want to throw the kitchen sink at it.

Agreed, I'd definitely keep him, he may not be the best LB but he's pretty good going forward. Monreal is at the end of his career so bring in a top LB starter, keep Kola and let Monreal see his contract out or move on if an offer comes in.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Imagine if, instead of twerking on Lukaku, Kolasinac decided to clear the ball and not let Lingard have a free run to score:
Untitled.jpg

two massive dropped points, that performance deserved a win especially with United kicking lumps out of the team
Man said twerking.:lol:

The guy is a shambles, I really don't trust the Bundesliga anymore.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger couldn’t get the best out of him.

Now we’re seeing Emery can’t get the best out of him.

Wait!

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom