• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"The Huddle" at Brittania

graham_ka

Established Member
take what you want from it, but for me its the most important moment in the season. It's been a while that we have seen some emotion, passion, team camaraderie and togetherness.

Looked like Cesc and Clichy started the huddle after the whistle. The two players in their mid to early 20's that needed to mature and become legit leaders this season to give us a shot at anything. That was a bit symbolic to me..... Obviously overplaying it, but if we do go on to do something, it will be this moment, just like we bottled it in 08 at St. Andrews, that fans will remember.

Not a lot to be honest has given me hope of winning any silverware this season, especially the way we have been playing as of late and of course Ramsey's injury surely doesn't help.... but this act of honest desire to get the team focused definitely revitalizes my hope that we can pull it off a bit.

Long way to go, I know, but good start, good signs.

Floating

Established Member
My favorite moment of the past few seasons. A true turning point, and the ultimate gesture of solidarity - we're winning this for each other, and for Aaron. I believe Sol, god bless him, played a big part in the huddle too.

Does anyone have any pictures?

Wryer

Cesc, Clichy and Sol all had a big leadership role tonight. Both on the pitch and then the huddle.

Special shoutout to Gael. He's had a tough couple of months. The way he defended and concentrated over 97 minutes was impressive. Onward and upwards Gael.

Now we need to focus on the games, and just keep plugging away.

Proof

Established Member
The match felt like roller coaster ride. I saw that the game was heading to a 1-1 draw, I was starting to think that Stoke's defence, will last until the last minute. Then Ramsey breaks his leg, I said to me 'this is Birmingham all over again', it will be a miracle to win it, knowing what happened at St. Andrews with Eduardo and our overall mental strength. After Fabregas scored from penalty, I went absolutely crazy. It was great seeing the lads coming back, from what happened with Ramsey and overcoming that fear.

Lazaq

It was great to see and I hope we come out stronger after all of this. Cesc and Sol were fantastic, and I've haven't felt so proud of being a gooner all season.

brady-hero

i think the huddle showed what many fans have been craving for: passion. i can accept defeat to chelsea/manunited etc (i never said i liked it), as long as we show passion fight to the end, give absolutley everything. if we lose after giving it all, that i can accept. what i hate is when the lads roll over. yesterday they showed they had passion, they had fight, they had desire. Cesc is really showing why he is our captain and leader.
Confuscious said: a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. we took that first step yesterday.

otfgoon

Established Member
Great to see, you get the feeling there was a genuine sense of unity there.

Also, the contrast in what happened 2 years ago and yesterday says it all.

William_Gallas_280x_441703a.jpg

337405502-soccer-barclays-premier-league-stoke-city-v-arsenal-britannia-stadium.jpg

Cruisio

Established Member
brady-hero said:
i think the huddle showed what many fans have been craving for: passion. i can accept defeat to chelsea/manunited etc (i never said i liked it), as long as we show passion fight to the end, give absolutley everything. if we lose after giving it all, that i can accept. what i hate is when the lads roll over. yesterday they showed they had passion, they had fight, they had desire. Cesc is really showing why he is our captain and leader.
Confuscious said: a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. we took that first step yesterday.

Sums it up perfectly for me. From here on out it really is about taking one game at a time. If we end up with nothing to show for it at the end then so be it, but atleast I believe that the boys will truly give it their absoloutely all to win something for themselves, for Aaron, and for the club. I dont think i've even been more proud to be an Arsenal fan as I am today/yesterday

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
In 07/08 there was always a feeling that if we lost the league, we would look back on the events at St Andrews as the day things went wrong.

Complete opposite this time, if we win it we will look back on yesterday as the day we made our biggest statement of intent.

DREVAK

Established Member
For me it wasn't the huddle, it was the celebration after the third goal. With the camera really close to the players at the ad boards, the screams and raw emotion. I don't usually do this kind of stuff but with Campbell roaring and everything, my only thought at that moment was that Arsenal is going to win the league.

CKD39

Established Member
Did anyone see Walcott in the huddle?

ddjbee-1.jpg

Look at him.

It's like spotting the odd one out.

Accomplished

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
CKD39 said:
Did anyone see Walcott in the huddle?

ddjbee-1.jpg

Look at him.

It's like spotting the odd one out.
What is your problem?

He's got a ****ing massive problem, theo was pumped and was jumping up and down, apparently he should have been crying in the corner....

Rorz

Established Member
Of course, Almunia was once again oblivious to what was happening with the rest of the team :p

Great to see this stuff from the team, as AFS said, this could be the match we look back on and consider the turning point.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom