• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Summer 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnsjed

Established Member
junialum said:
Baptista is our new no. 9

On record our No. 9s have always done poorly.

Of course that is only in the Wenger period.
Alan Smith was a very sucessful player for the club, as were a lot of the previous No 9's before him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

burnsjed said:
junialum said:

Alan Smith was a very sucessful player for the club, as were a lot of the previous No 9's before him.

Yeah and Anelka hardly did poorly. Bap will do well in the No 9.

Viper

Established Member
burnsjed said:
junialum said:

Nicolas Anelka. He was our No. 9 and was a world-class talent. A 17 year old who scored about 23 in 63 games during his time at the club. He had the potential to become one of the best strikers in the world, if not the best. However it was a real shame his head was wrong but he was a top talent for the club.

sabret00the said:
Reo-Coker will be a gunner come
o rly?

dos1986

Established Member
He was called The Beast because of his strength and physique even before he arrived in Spain, but there the sobriquet was embraced and Baptista became La Bestia. When assessed at the Copa America two years ago, he was so strapping, Brazil’s doctors warned him his muscle tissue was growing too quickly. “I’ve never been one of those guys that are in the gym all day to try to beef myself up. Although I must say there are not a lot of players about with such a strong and powerful physique as mine,” Baptista said.

8)

go49oner

Established Member
Lev said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,2767-2340356,00.html

very good article about arsenals transfers this season, and what gd business it was

that was fantastic article. shows you why wenger is the KING when it comes to transfers.

Sannei

sabret00the said:
Reo-Coker will be a gunner come january
No offense and I know some people have inside infos and all that, but is that a surety or just a hunch you are playing off?

And I know he's a good player that Wenger could turn into a great player, but I wonder where he would fit in into our starting line up. And maybe this means that Diaby isn't recovering as well as they had hoped cause they more or less play in the same position.

junialum

celestis said:
burnsjed said:
junialum said:

Yeah and Anelka hardly did poorly. Bap will do well in the No 9.

I was talking about Wenger's reign and when I said poorly, I meant either being poor on the pitch or off the pitch.

Anelka and Reyes were poor off the pitch. You get what I mean.

Hope Baptista breaks the trend. :)

Ratinho

Established Member
And on Theirry's words, and the talk of whether the number 9 shirt is cursed, this can end.

Less * than I thought it would be this thread, wp fellas. :)

Should quieten down in here, and we can keep talk on any targets in their threads, i.e. the no doubt going to run long and painful again, Reo-Coker thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom