• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HBL

Established Member
Ideally we sign a couple of players that won’t be going to the World Cup and night slip under the radar.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I know some people still have doubts about him, but if you put that sheer defensive work into a midfield of Ramsey and Xhaka I think it would be improved. Ramsey would have even more licence to make runs and Xhaka would hopefully have more freedom to execute his passes. Plus the fact Doucoure himself can pass and run with the ball, it's not a bad idea.

CanadianGooner1608

Our recruitment has been a shambles.
And there are people in here wishlisting Doucore, Bertrand and Meyer, im out!
Well... Doucouré is one of the consistently brighter spots of a Watford team that has been up and down in form. He also has experience playing in the EPL, and a great engine.
I can see why people like him. I admit I do too. Not sure I'd want him in Arsenal, but it's far from being as absolutely insane as you make it sound.
Just because he plays for Watford doesn't make him worthless. Just like just because he's playing for Real Madrid doesn't make today's Benzema a world beater.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If its right & close, anyone be keen to have him as a reliable winger for us next year? I'll take him hands down! Great player I think.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I’m sure 99% of our fans would love it, hoping the club don’t ignore the obvious need for a wide forward.
If by the off chance we end up getting him, imagine a forward line of Auba, Laca, Özil, Mkhitarian, Martial rotating. Probably add Ramsey & Welbeck aswell. That sounds like one good attacking line. I've got a feeling that Wilsheres off (unfortuntately) so cant add him in there.

HBL

Established Member
If by the off chance we end up getting him, imagine a forward line of Auba, Laca, Özil, Mkhitarian, Martial rotating. Probably add Ramsey & Welbeck aswell. That sounds like one good attacking line. I've got a feeling that Wilsheres off (unfortuntately) so cant add him in there.
For sure. A front 5 of Ramsey, Özil, Martial, Auba and Mkhi would be the second best in the league and it wouldn’t be far off that City front 5.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Bring in Jardim and Martial and let's be the new AS Monaco and take Sidibe and Fabinho along with Lemar from them while were at it :)

Stannis

the price being quoted for Doucouré is 40 million pounds. If Ramsey is off I guess that makes sense. However, if Ramsey stays, is that price for Doucure still worth it, given what else we need to buy?

Newchange

I see Doucure as more of a #8 box-box CM and a replacement for Ramsey. We NEED a defensive midfielder whos sole responsibility is to break up play/counters and distribute the ball through the lines quickly.
A physical presence who can get on the ball during tough patches in a game is a must. How I wish we was proactive and went for Matic when he was available for 30m last summer.

Stannis

I see Doucure as more of a #8 box-box CM and a replacement for Ramsey. We NEED a defensive midfielder whos sole responsibility is to break up play/counters and distribute the ball through the lines quickly.
A physical presence who can get on the ball during tough patches in a game is a must. How I wish we was proactive and went for Matic when he was available for 30m last summer.

I see no quality player in that mould that we can realistically get. So Id personally go for a proven guy in Nzonzi (or maybe Danilo) whilst also getting Sander Berge (he has a 15 million clause apparently) and loaning him out. I truly believe that kid will be special.

People have also mentioned Dennis Zaklaria but I think he will cost close to 40 million.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom