• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I also think that our squad looks really good in depth. But we need more Top-Players or Top-Talents (maybe more the way to go).

I agree with players who could leave us. I hope we sell Ramsey and Welbeck in january to get some cash. I could see us giving Welbeck a new deal, I guess Ramsey will leave us for sure. I would also sell Kolasinac who is on something like £120.000 a week and is just no good enough defensively, same with Mustafi. If we get a buyer even sell Mkthitaryan doesn't look like the best fit and get a younger player. But I guess Emery wouldn't make such an overhaul.

Sell/Leave: Cech, Kolasinac (~20m), Koscielny, Mustafi (~30m), Chambers (~25m), Lichtsteiner, Ramsey (~30m), Elneny (~10m), Welbeck (~10m)

Wouldn't leave us with to much income between £110m - £140m. But we don't have to replace every player and we would safe a lot of money from salaries.

This would leave us with this Priorities:
1. CB: Pavard, De Ligt, Akanji, Uduokhai, Upamecano (40-60m)
2. LB: Sessegnon, Telles, Tierney (30 -40m)
3. Winger: Bailey, Pepe, Sarr, Neres (30-60m)
4. 2nd CB if Mustafi and Chambers leave (20-40m)
5. BU-RB (0-10m)
(5. CM: Ndombele, De Jong, Tielemans, Havertz for Mkihi)

Total: 120m - 200m

GK: Leno, Martinez, Macey
LB: Sessegnon, Monreal
CB: Sokratis, CB, Mavropanos
CB: Pavard, Holding
RB: Bellerin, RB
DM: Torreira, AMN
CM: Xhaka, Guendouzi
Winger: Bailey, Iwobi, Miki?, Nelson, ESR, (Auba, Özil)
AM: Özil, Miki
CF: Lacazette, Auba

I don't think we will be able to get money for Ramsey and Welbeck. My guess is they will run down their contracts. We would have to be really lucky to get something for them. I am not too concerned about selling Mustafi. Sokratis only signed a 2 year deal. So I think we can afford to sell Chambers and really buy a top young prospect this summer.

Thinking more about the way Emery wants to play. He seems to really rely on his full backs providing the width. So as much as we all say, we need a winger, we need a dribbler, we need someone to stay wide and take players on. Is that what Emery wants? Maybe Emery is happy with his options there when Nelson returns. He may even play AMN there. What I think is really key is the left full back position. Could that be where we spend our money?

We have apparently £40 million to spend. That doesn't take into account the new kit deal and the extra funds from Europe this season and if we qualify for the Champions League next season. At the very least it would be about £60 million. At the most it would be £100 million. You have to look at possibly recouping around £30 million for Chambers and Elneny.

Who do we go big on? We aren't giving an extension to Ramsey because someone is coming in.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Malcom is definitely a good choice for us this moment. We are his best option and he wants to move apparently.

You can ship Ramsey to Barcelona for all I care too. Perfect deal, no better option.

I don't think Barcelona will let him go as they signed him for commercial reasons. They apparently need a certain number of Brazilians in their squad. I can't see him leaving in January. He would actually be perfect for that half space on the right hand side though.

Tomb Bombadil

I don't think we will be able to get money for Ramsey and Welbeck.
Why do you think so?

If somebody really wants him or if somebody is really in need for him, they will try to get him in january. Especially the tier 2 clubs need to move earlier or he will go to a "better" club. Who could buy him in january:

- Milan: In need and not a tier1 club
- Chelsea: Would suit to Sarris system
- Man United: (In need?), just to move before others, they have the cash
- Tottenham: Could not compete with the wages
- A club like Inter/Napoli/Sevilla/Valencia: Not a tier1 club

You also have to think, that you don't have spend that much more money in January because a free agent normaly gets hand money (don't know if that's the right expression) and (maybe) a higher salary. It might be important if you don't want to break you're wage structure.

So if you have to pay £10m hand money + £10m more salary (£2m x 5 years) = £20m

avalonhse

I don't think Barcelona will let him go as they signed him for commercial reasons. They apparently need a certain number of Brazilians in their squad. I can't see him leaving in January. He would actually be perfect for that half space on the right hand side though.

When the player is desperate to move, the club has nothing else to do.

Saying Malcom has a place in Barca is a
Joke when Valverde left him out and bring 3 gk to the match with Tot. That's a message to everyone.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why do you think so?

If somebody really wants him or if somebody is really in need for him, they will try to get him in january. Especially the tier 2 clubs need to move earlier or he will go to a "better" club. Who could buy him in january:

- Milan: In need and not a tier1 club
- Chelsea: Would suit to Sarris system
- Man United: (In need?), just to move before others, they have the cash
- Tottenham: Could not compete with the wages
- A club like Inter/Napoli/Sevilla/Valencia: Not a tier1 club

You also have to think, that you don't have spend that much more money in January because a free agent normaly gets hand money (don't know if that's the right expression) and (maybe) a higher salary. It might be important if you don't want to break you're wage structure.

So if you have to pay £10m hand money + £10m more salary (£2m x 5 years) = £20m

The issue is that it depends on the interest of the player. We are not offering Welbeck a new contract so it seems his place in the squad will be taken up by Nelson. Ramsey as you know we have retracted the offer.

The problem is that clubs from abroad do not need to buy in January. They can simply agree and pre-contract for the summer and the players leaves on a free at the end of the season. They can effectively secure the players services in January and we won't see a penny.

The only way Ramsey moves in January is if he himself wants to go to either Chelsea, Man United or Liverpool. That also depends on whether they even want him. I don't think he fits in at Chelsea or Liverpool, Man United would be his only destination, but does he want to go there? If a club from abroad like Juventus wants him at the end of the season, that's where he will go. The same goes for Welbeck.

HBL

Established Member
No I think the rule is that in la liga you can only have five non-european players in your squad. So, I guess if you're South American and you're underperforming at Barca in this current squad then your place will be under more pressure.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't know whether anyone have heard of these 2 young central defenders if we need a young cb to come through but 2 young cb's I often purchase cheaply on FIFA are Malang Sarr from OGC NICE & Marc Oliver Kempf from Stuttgart in Germany. Anyone heard of these guys?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I don't know whether anyone have heard of these 2 young central defenders if we need a young cb to come through but 2 young cb's I often purchase cheaply on FIFA are Malang Sarr from OGC NICE & Marc Oliver Kempf from Stuttgart in Germany. Anyone heard of these guys?
Sarr has been monitored by Arsenal since last season.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think all of them will be too expensive, unrealistic or possibly both but what the heck, Pavard, Sessegnon, Neves, Malcolm

Leno

Bellerin Pavard Sokratis Sessegnon

Torreira Neves

Malcolm Özil Auba

Laca

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No I think the rule is that in la liga you can only have five non-european players in your squad. So, I guess if you're South American and you're underperforming at Barca in this current squad then your place will be under more pressure.

I'm not talking about the rule. They find ways around that such as Coutinho getting a passport. I heard that Barca get sponsorship money for having Brazillians in their squad. I can't see them letting Malcom go so soon after buying him.

It's interesting seeing who we are linked with. The narrative currently is Ramsey is leaving so we need a midfielder, hence the link to Barella. We also need a winger/dribbler apparently, but Emery doesn't play with wingers.

The financial numbers show that we have a £40 million budget for January. Left back and centre back can wait till the summer. A wide player is someone we could potentially get in January. Probably Pavon.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I think all of them will be too expensive, unrealistic or possibly both but what the heck, Pavard, Sessegnon, Neves, Malcolm

Leno

Bellerin Pavard Sokratis Sessegnon

Torreira Neves

Malcolm Özil Auba

Laca
Malcolm is off the market. He’s at Barca now.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Malcolm is off the market. He’s at Barca now.

I think the only semi realistic one is Sessegnon but with top young English players like Stones and Sterling going for £50m+ we probably don't have deep enough pockets. Wolves are rich and ambitious so don't need to sell Neves, Pavard looks nailed on for Bayern or maybe PSG and as you say Malcolm looks highly unlikely.

HBL

Established Member
Squad is looking pretty good at the minute, still think we need to improve 3-4 positions if we want to have ambitions of challenging for the title. Positives are that all of our new signings have made an impact and seem to be fitting in well. Torreira is just superb, whilst Sokratis & Leno have been solid and Guendouzi is a real talent. Lichtsteiner is also a great experienced back up to have and seems to be helping Bellerin regain his form slowly. An argument could be made for us needing a left back, centre back, centre mid and a wide player, maybe even a right back but we'll see how Bellerin performs the rest of the season.

Left back - Tierney would be my first choice. Mendy/Chillwell are other options as.
CB- Probably the one position where we should just pay the money and not look for bargains. VVD has had a monumental impact at Liverpool.
Pavard/De Light would be my first choices but they're probably out of our depth. There's loads of options though, especially in the Bundesliga like Stark, Uduokhai, Ginter & the French Leipzig trio. Some good options in the Serie A as well, Romagnoli is class and Milenkovic is a man mountain. Ake and Christensen would be good options from the PL.
CM- Tanguy Ndombele, want this guy so badly. Height wouldn't matter in midfield if you had two players as talented as Ndombele and Torreira playing there. We could also play a three in midfield with Xhaka, Guendouzi or maybe even Özil/Iwobi.
Wide player- Difficult one, would love to give Nelson the chance as I think he has all the attributes. His dribbling ability hasn't really shone through at senior club level yet. If not, Pepe is my first choice, watched him a few times this season and his ability to dribble at pace always stands out. Has won at least three or four penalties this season as well.

Sell
Ramsey
Chambers
Monreal/Kolasinac
Elneny
Welbeck?
Willock - Loan
Nketiah - Loan (if Welbeck stays)

Leno,Cech, Martinez
Bellerin, Lich
Pavard, Holding, Koscielny
Sokratis, Mustafi, Mavropanos
Tierney, Monreal/Kolasinac
Torreira, Xhaka
Ndombele, Guendouzi, AMN
Aubameyang, Iwobi
Özil, Smith-Rowe
Pepe/Nelson, Mkhi
Lacazette, Welbeck/Nketiah

That squad looks great. Although I doubt we need six cb's in it.

Wilshere's Right

Martial, Martial, Martial. We should be all over him and could potentially get him cheaper as he's in his last year. That is, of course, assuming Utd would actually sell to us.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It occurs to me that there’s something very Mahrez-ian about Nicolas Pépé. Those long gangly legs, the way he manipulates the ball with his left foot like it were a hand, that directness, it’s all very Mahrez. We missed out on the Algerian one, maybe we can get the Ivorian one?

Reactions: HBL

HBL

Established Member
It occurs to me that there’s something very Mahrez-ian about Nicolas Pépé. Those long gangly legs, the way he manipulates the ball with his left foot like it were a hand, that directness, it’s all very Mahrez. We missed out on the Algerian one, maybe we can get the Ivorian one?
Certainly agree with the Mahrez comparisons, I really like the look of Pepe, he'd be my first choice for a winger signing. 7 goals and 5 assists in Ligue 1 already this season.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom