• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

OSBK

Established Member
With Kos us and Sp**s are the only top 6 sides that don't need a upgrade on left sided CB (unless we go 3 at the back which won't happen if Wenger remains). Chelsea, Liverpool, utd and City will battle it out for Van Dijk, Gibson, Koulibaly and Maguire in the summer.

Agreed but kos injured is horrific for us. Van dijk would be a great addition and means we can move gab on and chambers if they dont vastly improve. 3 top drawer cb's will be like the ol days, bouldy,keown and adams.

SanderSH

Here is what i would do if i was Wenger:

1. I would buy a tall striker that is good in the air, strong and quick. Lukaku is perfect.

2. Get rid of Monreal as he isnt getting any younger and he isnt the quickest either. Therefore i would buy Gaya, he is quick, decent defender and he can make crosses.

3. I would get rid of Ramsey, Giroud and Coq and use some of the money we get to buy William Carvalho.

4. Buy a couple of young promising players like Tah/Süle and a young goalkeeper to replace Cech when he retires as Szczesny isnt good enough IMO. Anton Mitryushkin is a good shout.

5.Change the formation to a 4-5-1 formation as you can see here:

------------------Lukaku
-----Alexis------------------------Walcott
---------------Özil-------Xhaka
-------------------Carvalho
Gaya---Koscielny--Mustafi---Bellerin
--------------------Cech

What it could look like in a match:

------------------------Lukaku
-------------------Alexis---Walcott
------Gaya-------Özil--------Xhaka----Bellerin

---------Koscielny----Carvalho---Mustafi

With this formation and with these types of players we could dominate the Premier League

It offers multiple attacking options like using Lukaku as a target man then passing a through-ball to Walcott or Alexis. You could also use Walcott and Alexis more in the middle and use Bellerin and Gaya almost as wingers, to keep the balance Carvalho will fall deeper almost as a centerback and Kos/Mustafi will play almost like backs.

In the middle we have Özil and Xhaka who can easily play a through-ball to all off the three up front as well as finishing by themselves.

Bench: On the bench we have players like Chamberlain who can come on as a winger as well as an central midfielder. If we want to change the way of playing in a match we can sub on Perez who is excelent in the "False 9" role where the wingers can come even further forward.

This is what i would do, you dont have to agree, this is just my opinion.

-SanderSH

Zazu

Here is what i would do if i was Wenger:

1. I would buy a tall striker that is good in the air, strong and quick. Lukaku is perfect.

2. Get rid of Monreal as he isnt getting any younger and he isnt the quickest either. Therefore i would buy Gaya, he is quick, decent defender and he can make crosses.

3. I would get rid of Ramsey, Giroud and Coq and use some of the money we get to buy William Carvalho.

4. Buy a couple of young promising players like Tah/Süle and a young goalkeeper to replace Cech when he retires as Szczesny isnt good enough IMO. Anton Mitryushkin is a good shout.

5.Change the formation to a 4-5-1 formation as you can see here:

------------------Lukaku
-----Alexis------------------------Walcott
---------------Özil-------Xhaka
-------------------Carvalho
Gaya---Koscielny--Mustafi---Bellerin
--------------------Cech

What it could look like in a match:

------------------------Lukaku
-------------------Alexis---Walcott
------Gaya-------Özil--------Xhaka----Bellerin

---------Koscielny----Carvalho---Mustafi

With this formation and with these types of players we could dominate the Premier League

It offers multiple attacking options like using Lukaku as a target man then passing a through-ball to Walcott or Alexis. You could also use Walcott and Alexis more in the middle and use Bellerin and Gaya almost as wingers, to keep the balance Carvalho will fall deeper almost as a centerback and Kos/Mustafi will play almost like backs.

In the middle we have Özil and Xhaka who can easily play a through-ball to all off the three up front as well as finishing by themselves.

Bench: On the bench we have players like Chamberlain who can come on as a winger as well as an central midfielder. If we want to change the way of playing in a match we can sub on Perez who is excelent in the "False 9" role where the wingers can come even further forward.

This is what i would do, you dont have to agree, this is just my opinion.

-SanderSH

I quite like the look of that, Jack could easily slot in one of the further forward CM positions as well.

Still big if's over Özil and Sanchez though, both might not even be here next year

SanderSH

I quite like the look of that, Jack could easily slot in one of the further forward CM positions as well.

Still big if's over Özil and Sanchez though, both might not even be here next year
Replacing Özil wouldn't really be a big problem in this formation as there is no number 1o role, Jack would be good in that role. Tielemans is also a very interesting young player to watch.

To replace Alexis we need a quite similar player to him, a right footed player on the left that can cut in and score goals. Reus or Griezmann would be perfect, but a player like Mahrez could also work. Chamberlain and Iwobi can also play in that position, but IMO they are far away from players like Alexis, Reus and Griezmann.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Looking at our squad right now and I don't think it's silly to suggest we need a GK, a RB and a LB. A CM along with Wilshere, a quality wide man and a striker.
Not silly. Ospina likely to leave and Scezney out of contract soon while Cech is getting older. We dont have a backup Rb that is upto much and neither left back is truly good enough. Cm, Cazorla needs replacing as does Coquelin. Jack may replace Santi but we need an upgrade on Coquelin still. Even without Alexis leaving we need someone of near equal ability on the other flank if he goes we need two players of that ability and we desperately need a CF worthy of leading the line at Arsenal.

Huge outlay and huge changes in the squad needed. Unfortunately most of our sellable assets have limited value due to their contract length.

KrisGooner

With Kos us and Sp**s are the only top 6 sides that don't need a upgrade on left sided CB (unless we go 3 at the back which won't happen if Wenger remains). Chelsea, Liverpool, utd and City will battle it out for Van Dijk, Gibson, Koulibaly and Maguire in the summer.

I'm sorry mate but did you see the games against Bayern?...or half of the games this season (especially the ones kos has been sent off or injured in).

CB I general, never mind left sided CB is still an area that needs addressed.

Kos - 31, injuries becoming more frequent, as is his stupid mistakes. I feel for him though as he hasn't won as much as he deserves, our best cb by far and he's been played beside past it, slow or players not good enough for Arsenal for some time now.

Merte - 32, current injury record speaks for itself, far too slow, getting on and tbh a bit past his best. Form was terrible before injury. Should never have had contract renewed, especially over kos. A high earner and is pretty much going to be arteta.2 because of wenger.

Gabriel - ok at 26 time is on his side, but unfortunately out and out ability and consistency is not. Temperment and judgement can get be off at times. Overall, squad player at best and wouldn't blink an eye if anyone came in and took him off our hands.

Chambers - 22 - still young but not really developed as much as we all thought. I like the lad but at this moment in time I have to think sentiment never won anyone anything (a la Leicester this season). He has came on abit at boro though, but good enough to push on for us???. Give him pre-season and maybe then till jan at most...or itll be another loan deal to keep happy with playing time. Failing that sell him with a buy back clause or use him as a makeweight in a deal for a new signing. I do hope he comes good though!.

Holding - not seen enough of him to properly judge yet. Has been a bit shaky times I have saw but ability with the ball at his feet seems promising. But at the same time he can't be making waves in training as he's not got anywhere near the first team

Mustafi - 24, not set the world alight here, iv certainly not been overly impressed but it is still his first season and we're in a bad way across the board. He is a moany f***ker though isn't he?. He has also had to deal with being pulled out wide with bellerins poor form recently. Would be good in a back 3 aswell, should we do that and allow him not to have to cover for bellerin when he bombs forward.

I know they have had poor, out of form or players not pulling their weight infront of them but CB is still an issue imo.

I maintain a back 3 of Mustafi Kos and V.Dijk would be great. Or if we stick with a 2 CBs formation then V.Dijk or even M.Keane would be great long term partner for Mustafi when Kos becomes our version John terry and is hung on too for morale support. Failing that sell mustafi and bring in whatever one of van Dijk or Keane we didnt sign first.

trippyhippy

Honestly in the case of Özil i dont mind him leaving if he is not 100% commited as he hampers our ability to change formation. it will always be 4231 with him. i think if he leaves a quality midfielder like cyprien, keita,fabinho will be needed rather than a 10. we have players like iwobi or alexis who can play there if needed.

also what do you guys think of keylor navas. seeing as real are likely to get either de gea or courtois, should we go for him. i personally think he is excellent and is very good on pens. something cech is horrific at.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Realistic with no CL football and Wenger here.

Szczesny
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Bertrand
Cazorla Coquelin
Walcott Iwobi Lemar
Giroud
Solid £100m profit from selling Alexis and co, proper sixth place team ready for a top four fight.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Szczesny
Cazorla Coquelin
Walcott Iwobi Lemar
Giroud
Solid £100m profit from selling Alexis and co, proper sixth place team ready for a top four fight.
Lemar is wanted by Barca and Juve apparently, and reports say Monaco would prefer to sell Bernardo Silva anyways, so I don't see that move happening.

KrisGooner

I seen a premier league stat which showed that along with Sanchez and Özil;

Ramsey, Wilshere, mertesacker, Gibbs, jenkinson, sanogo, ox, chezney, carzola and Campbell are all out of contract next summer!

12 first team players ffs!

Surely I'm not the only one who'd be happy to see 10 of them go!.

Should cash in now before they leave for buttons in jan or nothing next summer and just take the hit, potentially right off next season and rebuild the squad to come back the following season...

Malky

Established Member

Szczesny
Cazorla Coquelin
Walcott Iwobi Lemar
Giroud
I'd be quite happy with Szczesny and that back four (maybe swap Bertrand for Tierney) but the rest, jesus man, that's ****ing depressing! Even worse that it could actualy be our starting 11 next season. :(

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom