• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Embarrassing again don't know why the stubbornness about not allowing referee use monitors. Just stop the game and go look to monitor to look closely and let referee make the final decision its not very hard

roz

Fake News Merchant
VAR is just a tool for the FA and EPL to control the outcome. No wonder Liverpool is going unbeaten in the first year it’s been used.
This.
The funny thing is the FA were pressured into using VAR due to the sheer amount of shall we say “bad” decisions made by refs to favour certain teams.
So in order to look progressive they got VAR in the very hope that it would fail as it is.

This is exactly the reaction the FA want so they can scrap it and go back to their bias without the VAR potentially messing that up.

There is no reason why VAR shouldn’t work. It works in foreign leagues and it works in different sports. It only fails here. Wonder why that is?

One of the most frustrating things also is that they can now easily afford to hit Liverpool with a casual VAR call here and there to dispel any bias calls due to them being so far ahead (partly in thanks to refs & VAR)

roz

Fake News Merchant
How VAR is affecting teams:

https://global.espn.com/football/en...sions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club

Arsenal is still at -1 even after West Ham decision :lol:.

No prizes for guessing that Man Utd and Liverpool are the top 2.
Funny thing is this list doesn’t even account for the decisions that have been completely ignored by VAR. eg, Cresswell challenge on Pepe, numerous penalties not given etc.

funny how VAR was supposed to level the playing field to stop teams like Varchester utd & LiVarpool getting an unfair advantage. Has only made things worse

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You literally need to break an Arsenal players leg to get a red card these days.

Sometimes that isn’t enough.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

FA admitting they botched VAR calls in each of yesterday’s matches.

How can they be so f*cking useless?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This is just crazy now.

How does that get upheld.
Think the good thing with VAR is that it has shown how bias the refs actually are. Before VAR you could probably make the excuse them given how little time they had to make the calls when they happened. With this one e.g. you can only give it if you really want to give it. That is how you lead the league in penalties not by one or two more.

Ewarwoowar

Here are a few important changes that will be brought into effect regarding the use of VAR during the 2020/21 campaign:

Using pitch-side monitors for VAR decisions:
Last season, the on-field referees depended solely on their counterparts at Stockley Park to make decisions but this time around, the referees have been encouraged to use the pitch-side monitors more often.

Not raising flags for potential offside decisions:
Linesmen have been asked not to raise their flags immediately for a potential offside decision in case of direct goal-scoring opportunities. And this is in line with the rule that is currently being used in the UEFA competitions.

Keeping an eye on goalkeepers:
During the 2020/21 Premier League season, VAR will now have the job to monitor goalkeepers during penalties in order to make sure they keep one of their feet planted on the goal line when the ball is struck.

VAR to determine encroachments:
Encroachments will also be dealt with by the VAR but on a case to case basis.

A player will only be punished for encroaching during a penalty if he is directly influencing the game(either by scoring a goal or by clearing the ball).

No more lines for VAR:
Last season, the television fans got to see lines drawn on the screen whenever there was an offside decision being taken.

But for the current Premier League season, the authorities have made it clear that no such lines will be drawn during the course of the match. Broadcasters might do the same but only once the match is finished.

https://thefootballfanbase.com/2020/29/53820/premier-league-20-21-here-are-5-new-var-rule-changes/

Really gonna miss dem lines, comedy gold I tell you!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Here are a few important changes that will be brought into effect regarding the use of VAR during the 2020/21 campaign:

Using pitch-side monitors for VAR decisions:
Last season, the on-field referees depended solely on their counterparts at Stockley Park to make decisions but this time around, the referees have been encouraged to use the pitch-side monitors more often.

Not raising flags for potential offside decisions:
Linesmen have been asked not to raise their flags immediately for a potential offside decision in case of direct goal-scoring opportunities. And this is in line with the rule that is currently being used in the UEFA competitions.

Keeping an eye on goalkeepers:
During the 2020/21 Premier League season, VAR will now have the job to monitor goalkeepers during penalties in order to make sure they keep one of their feet planted on the goal line when the ball is struck.

VAR to determine encroachments:
Encroachments will also be dealt with by the VAR but on a case to case basis.

A player will only be punished for encroaching during a penalty if he is directly influencing the game(either by scoring a goal or by clearing the ball).

No more lines for VAR:
Last season, the television fans got to see lines drawn on the screen whenever there was an offside decision being taken.

But for the current Premier League season, the authorities have made it clear that no such lines will be drawn during the course of the match. Broadcasters might do the same but only once the match is finished.

https://thefootballfanbase.com/2020/29/53820/premier-league-20-21-here-are-5-new-var-rule-changes/

Really gonna miss dem lines, comedy gold I tell you!

Sounds good. I think Collina was put in charge of EPL VAR somehow this season.

I remember it meaning that very close call offsides won't be overruled by VAR, so no need for those few millimeter lines anymore.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
VAR is football's "jumping the shark" moment...hate it.

Manberg

Predator
Bump.

VAR looked at the the ofside (for a few seconds) in Lacazette's goal and sided with the linesman. How do VAR officials keep getting decisions wrong?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I watched the highlights again and I think enough time has elapsed now ask how on earth Bellerin got awarded that pen? :lol: Yeah, I know there was contact in the sequence of movements, but he took two steps after and then decided to go down. I also understand that these are given and I’ve seen Liverpool get lots like that, but its bullshit and VAR should be handing out yellows for simulation if being used properly.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom