• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Also about the underperforming older players you mentioned, obviously Özil has been massively underperforming for a while and Mkhitaryan basically never turned up in the first place, but Lacazette's just had a poor season and, well, the whole club has had a poor season. In a settled team Lacazette could easily return to form, whereas it's hard to see Özil getting back to what he was.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Torreira is 24, I'd put him in that second category you mentioned. Also you just argued both for and against Partey. For him based on his age and against based on his nationality. Are you for or against?

I'd buy him because I think he would improve us considerably. Unless they are French or south American, that mould of player tends to be African. We have Pepe and if we buy Partey that's two Africans. Imagine we bought an african centre back and an african striker. Come afcon we lose half of our team.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'd buy him because I think he would improve us considerably. Unless they are French or south American, that mould of player tends to be African. We have Pepe and if we buy Partey that's two Africans. Imagine we bought an african centre back and an african striker. Come afcon we lose half of our team.

Auba?

Anyway for what it's worth if we can buy Partey then of course you take that shot, I certainly get the argument that he'd improve the midfield. Although I sort of wonder where the creativity from midfield would come from. That's why I like the idea of Ceballos, even if he wasn't in good form all season, he gives you creativity and high football technique in the midfield, which Xhaka, Partey, Guendouzi or Torreira don't quite give you. Although I then acknowledge the problem is that you're lacking that dominant physicality that you need in some PL games.

Anyway I don't know how to solve our midfield, there are well-paid professionals at the club whose task it is to do that. I'm just talking sh*t.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Auba?

Anyway for what it's worth if we can buy Partey then of course you take that shot, I certainly get the argument that he'd improve the midfield. Although I sort of wonder where the creativity from midfield would come from. That's why I like the idea of Ceballos, even if he wasn't in good form all season, he gives you creativity and high football technique in the midfield, which Xhaka, Partey, Guendouzi or Torreira don't quite give you. Although I then acknowledge the problem is that you're lacking that dominant physicality that you need in some PL games.

Anyway I don't know how to solve our midfield, there are well-paid professionals at the club whose task it is to do that. I'm just talking sh*t.

The other option is buying Zakaria who would command roughly the same fee. Very similar player and younger. He also knows Xhaka very well and could form a proper double pivot while we search for the Xhaka replacement. Might aswell get Elvedi while we are at it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The other option is buying Zakaria who would command roughly the same fee. Very similar player and younger. He also knows Xhaka very well and could form a proper double pivot while we search for the Xhaka replacement. Might aswell get Elvedi while we are at it.

Oh yes, Zakaria, my big Swiss baby. I think like two summers ago I wanted a Zakaria-Xhaka double pivot, and yeah, it still makes some sense. I don't think his development was always smooth but by all accounts he's had a good season this year and would be ready for a move.

And yeah, Elvedi is a good shout. He's a very clean defender, and a good passer. Although Upamecano is still the standout candidate if you're talking Bundesliga defenders.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
OnlyOne way to find out.

giphy.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s getting to the point now that I’ll be triggered if he didn’t end up joining us, especially if he goes to a rival.

I don’t get how there aren’t other clubs interested in this guy, we gotta get it wrapped up ASAP.

Because there is no point. He wants Arsenal. Arsenal want him. This is the type of signing I love. Buying a player that won't end up at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not many top teams want midfielders. Utd linked with him few weeks ago but having pogba will block any top midfielder signing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not many top teams want midfielders. Utd linked with him few weeks ago but having pogba will block any top midfielder signing.
If I was United I would be all over this. Build your midfield around Fernandes and cash in on Pogba.

Pogba + Fernandes isn’t the most balanced in my opinion. Pogba clearly doesn’t want to be there anyway, I hate having players like that.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So say for optimism's sake that we get Partey aye, and we pair him presumably with either Xhaka, Torreira or Guendouzi, we no doubt have a better midfield. But we still haven't solved the problem of a lack of creativity. Unless Özil suddenly starts playing like he did 5 years ago, we're missing someone who can create chances. What's the plan there?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So say for optimism's sake that we get Partey aye, and we pair him presumably with either Xhaka, Torreira or Guendouzi, we no doubt have a better midfield. But we still haven't solved the problem of a lack of creativity. Unless Özil suddenly starts playing like he did 5 years ago, we're missing someone who can create chances. What's the plan there?
Only so much we can do per window I guess. Özil will do a somewhat decent job until his contract expires next summer and then we can go and prioritise that position next summer.

I suppose it’s quite clever financially too, so that we don’t have a £350k a week player rotting on the bench.

If we were to sign a creative player I wouldn’t mind someone like Grealish, but that’s if he can play as a No.10 in our system. He can certainly do a job at LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom