• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Molde | Thursday 5th November | 20:00 GMT | BT Sports 2

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Think Nelson's gonna miss the game tomorrow - wasn't in the training vid. Those niggly injuries are a recurring problem now.

On the plus side, it opens the door for ESR to get a go in that LW position.
Thats horrendous news. I was looking forward to how he builds on that performance against more of a serious side. This has taken some excitement out of the game for me, it will only be okay if I see some ESR.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would be nice to see ESR get a run-out. I think he'll need a loan come January if it continues like this.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Don't really get the clamouring for ESR or the kids in general, but if they play great.

This team is a bit better than some of you think and you will all probably panic if we come away with a 1 nil, 2 nil win with our second string.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Probably be Balogun for Nelson if he doesn’t make it. ESR hasn’t made the bench yet has he?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don't really get the clamouring for ESR or the kids in general, but if they play great.

This team is a bit better than some of you think and you will all probably panic if we come away with a 1 nil, 2 nil win with our second string.
When you going to play the kids if not now? Every game is tricky.

The odd kid too, nobody is asking for the Wenger days where we would pick 5/6 kids and still beat most European opposition by a few goals.

ILoveGdeep

Looking at how poor united was against the who, I am getting less confident for this match. A draw wouldn't be a disaster at all.

ggunner12345

Runarsson, Kolasinac, Luiz , Mustafi, Cedric, Willock, Ceballos, Maitland-Niles, Nelson, Nketiah, Pepe.

I predict the above lineup hope Esr makes the bench and comes on

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We can field a decent enough team from those who didn't start Vs United

Runarrson
Mustafi - Luiz - Xhaka
AMN - Ceballos - Willock - Kola
Pepe - Nketiah - Balogun

Runarrsson
AMN - Mustafi - Luiz - Kolasinac
Xhaka
Ceballos - Willock
Pepe - Nketiah - Balogun

I think Arteta will start a couple of first teamers. Perhaps Lacazette and Gabriel.​

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's a shame Kido Taylor-Hart hasn't signed pro yet, so he can't be named in the squad. I'd really liked to have seen him get some minutes off the bench. God forbid Nelson doesn't work out at Arsenal, Taylor-Hart is arguably the closest stylistically, and although I'm unsure of his ceiling right now, he has a very interesting blend of attributes - speed, technique and excellent dribbling ability.

Would be nice to see Balogun start, even if it's LW. He can play very well in that position - much better than Nketiah would play it for us in any event. Or ESR, in a sort of advanced playmaking role. I hope Arteta keeps it relatively interesting in some respects.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Confirmed. Nelson's becoming injury prone, that's a very bad sign. Little niggles everytime he starts to feature more.
Really frustrating was looking forward to see how he'll do again against much better side. hopefully that not force mikel to play Saka he badly need rest hopefully ESR will have his chance if he match fit.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
When you going to play the kids if not now? Every game is tricky.

The odd kid too, nobody is asking for the Wenger days where we would pick 5/6 kids and still beat most European opposition by a few goals.
It was frustrating back then because our academy wasn’t creating gems we’ve had in recent years. Wenger was playing ****ty young players sometimes which is just a waste of time (Djourou, Denilson, Sanogo, Jenkinson)

I said it for years at the time that we needed to change our model and start buying young promising players. Top tier young players. We had no identity towards the end, if you are gonna not buy the very best then at least buy the best young players, which back then was easier and cheaper to do as less clubs built their models around it. We could have stayed a bit more relevant had we done that, but I feel like we gave up after a while and just started pretending to be a big team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It was frustrating back then because our academy wasn’t creating gems we’ve had in recent years. Wenger was playing ****ty young players sometimes which is just a waste of time (Djourou, Denilson, Sanogo, Jenkinson)

I said it for years at the time that we needed to change our model and start buying young promising players. Top tier young players. We had no identity towards the end, if you are gonna not buy the very best then at least buy the best young players, which back then was easier and cheaper to do as less clubs built their models around it. We could have stayed a bit more relevant had we done that, but I feel like we gave up after a while and just started pretending to be a big team.
I see what you’re saying but our money was limited, and the fans already weren’t happy with top 4, CL, last 16 of CL, FA Cup wins etc. Signing kids, even top kids is a long term project. Our fans wanted established talent even if it wasn’t WC, like Per, Poldi, Rosicky, Arteta, Monreal, Cech.

It’s tough on a budget. Arsenal fans had begun moaning because last 16 of CL wasn’t enough for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom