• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 16 1st Leg: Olympiakos v Arsenal | Thursday, March 11 | KO: 20:00 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,661
  • Views 69,343

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
I've said about Ødegaard next to Partey before, I think in a game like this it could work well. I considered Elneny next to Partey rather than Cebellos to allow Partey to take the ball forward. Still I'm sure Arteta will play Xhaka!
Ødegaard that deep makes no sense since his strength is in the attack. Elneny with Partey is the better pairing.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin Luiz Mari Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard Pepe
Auba

Let's start well and put them to the sword. In our recent poorer results, we've created chances and lived to regret them, can't afford for that to happen here. Pepe, Saka and Auba is an attack with goalscoring potential, as opposed to an attack with Willian and/or Lacazette. Bellerin at his best is a better right back than Cedric, I love Gabriel but Mari has been excellent and I'm really enjoying Auba's performances up top as of late.

Come on boys, big night needed. It's Olympiacos, not Bayern. We can do this <3

Iceman10

Established Member
Leno
Bellerin Luiz Mari Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Saka Ødegaard Pepe
Auba

Let's start well and put them to the sword. In our recent poorer results, we've created chances and lived to regret them, can't afford for that to happen here. Pepe, Saka and Auba is an attack with goalscoring potential, as opposed to an attack with Willian and/or Lacazette. Bellerin at his best is a better right back than Cedric, I love Gabriel but Mari has been excellent and I'm really enjoying Auba's performances up top as of late.

Come on boys, big night needed. It's Olympiacos, not Bayern. We can do this <3

Bellerin will likely play this one, but your talk about when he is at his best is more hopeful than anything else in my opinion, the problem being he has lost a bit of pace and dynamism, and there’s been enough time now to suggest odds are are not with him getting back to his best anytime soon. It’s a problem both sides of the pitch. The attacking threat isn’t great while lots of space is often allowed behind him for the opposition to expose. Lots of indications though his time at Arsenal could be drawing to an end, amicably.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The game with them at the Emirates last year they where destroying us on set pieces and to be fair we seem to have really improved defending them this season. Hopefully that should negate the main threat they pose to us. Of course I've no idea how similar their squad/style of play is this season but I imagine they will sit pretty deep certainly in the 2nd leg.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

"I wish doom and misery on your team and players. Just like the snub you did to Oscar Cordoba in 2003. You will never get a world class Colombian. You don't deserve them."

template-leave-britney-alone-943-0c6db91aec9c.jpeg

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We should win this, unless somebody tells the players to mess around with the ball in our box instead of occasionally hitting it long.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope we don't show them any respect like Mikel usually does in these kind of fixtures. Let's go for the jugular and make sure we end the tie in the first leg. Don't want any hypertension-inducing second leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom