• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Alright then, Putin and his cronies are the salt of the Earth. I still don't play to the least common denominator. Nor do I care to engage in whataboutisms as you are. Believe whatever fairy tale you want.
Putin is hardly the salt of the earth - interested to know where I've said that. But neither are loads of others including many who pose as "respectable".

If Usmanov is indeed one of Putin's oligarchs, why would he need to bribe Medvedev, Putin's underling? That's the accusation.

If we are concerned about Putin's ability to affect English football, it's towards west London we should be looking. As should the Americans, perhaps they are not interested in the real targets? But sure, let's be whiter than white. Let's be superheroes and fight the bad guys with a hand tied behind our backs.

macka66

Expect Usmanov to sell up this year & follow to Everton. Nothing here now without Stans son & Ivan fingerprints all over.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Everton start finishing above us in the league if this happens. Usamnov has aspirations to take this club to the next level, shame that it looks likely that he will be doing that at another club.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But you wouldn't have the guts to indulge in casual racism.

But you wouldn't have the guts to indulge in casual racism.
0OrXZq6.gif

Reactions: A_G

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can someone explain to me the implications of Kroenke's reign? Is there any good from it for our club e.g. becoming stable long term or has it seriously spelt the end to us being a top team.

So far that family has treated the fanbase extremely poorly and we have clearly regressed tenfold in relation to nearly all of our competitors since.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If Usmanov is indeed one of Putin's oligarchs, why would he need to bribe Medvedev, Putin's underling? That's the accusation.

If we are concerned about Putin's ability to affect English football, it's towards west London we should be looking. As should the Americans, perhaps they are not interested in the real targets? But sure, let's be whiter than white. Let's be superheroes and fight the bad guys with a hand tied behind our backs.

Good grief, man, Usmanov was CEO of Gazprom Investholdings for 14 years. That's state-run Gazprom Investholdings, which means it's Putin's Gazprom Investholdings. He's known around the world as one of Putin's oligarchs (and one of the richest).

And nobody is talking about Putin influencing English football. It's about how far down the moral cesspool we want to climb.

And the Americans have nothing to do with it. They have enough problems with an inept would-be mobster occupying the White House and surrounding himself with The Gang That Couldn't Think Straight (bonus points to anyone who gets that reference).

Longy

Can someone explain to me the implications of Kroenke's reign? Is there any good from it for our club e.g. becoming stable long term or has it seriously spelt the end to us being a top team.

So far that family has treated the fanbase extremely poorly and we have clearly regressed tenfold in relation to nearly all of our competitors since.

Not him entirely although he also believes in the self sustain model which the board love to beat their chest with, and why wouldn't he ? No extra money coming from his or anyone else's pocket. But he alone can change that.

Self sustaining, although quite novel is just the rubber ducky sailing towards the drain slowly in this football bubble economy.
As you drift from the top, you drift from prizemoney, drift from sponsors, drift from supporters which we see happening right now.
Less money equals less quality managers, less quality players and we will keep drifting until we firmly arrive in mid table.

I really see no positives in Kroenke's reign.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There was a time for an injection of cash alongside the stadium move, that time has passed

The amounts needed now are massive. A sprinkling of even £50m a few years back would have seen us affording Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, etc and a different trajectory, retaining RVP

Now it buys you a Turkish 20 year old CB

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

There was a time for an injection of cash alongside the stadium move, that time has passed

The amounts needed now are massive. A sprinkling of even £50m a few years back would have seen us affording Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, etc and a different trajectory, retaining RVP

It bought you Salah with change 8 months ago

Tony's nose

Never sure why people use the Usmanov is a gangster excuse to void having him as an owner.
Our main sponsor Emirates has quite an appalling human rights record. That is very rarely bought up.

Anyone but kroenke for me, we won't ever challenge for much whilst he is in power . Unfortunately the only way you get rid of a billionaire owner is to cost him money.

If the stadium is empty he will sell

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Wouldn't be surprised to see Everton start finishing above us in the league if this happens. Usamnov has aspirations to take this club to the next level, shame that it looks likely that he will be doing that at another club.

Not only would I not be surprised, I would say it's an absolute certainty.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Good grief, man, Usmanov was CEO of Gazprom Investholdings for 14 years. That's state-run Gazprom Investholdings, which means it's Putin's Gazprom Investholdings. He's known around the world as one of Putin's oligarchs (and one of the richest).

And nobody is talking about Putin influencing English football. It's about how far down the moral cesspool we want to climb.

And the Americans have nothing to do with it. They have enough problems with an inept would-be mobster occupying the White House and surrounding himself with The Gang That Couldn't Think Straight (bonus points to anyone who gets that reference).
Look this is a football website ultimately, not a political board. I don't know "about the world" but I happen to know a lot of Russians, both pro and anti Putin (disappointingly Putin really is popular) and Usmanov is not seen as particularly pro-Putin. More of a fellow traveller. But if you are openly anti-Putin you can't do business in Russia, period. And I repeat what I said before, if you want to take issue with a genuinely pro-Putin oligarch with VERY close ties to him, look to west London. Unlike many of the oligarchs Usmanov has been successful in doing real business outside Russia, that's why he is one of the richest. Many of the others made their money by being gifted state assets and then exploiting them for their benefit and haven't been very successful in branching out.

Gazprom is the same company which sponsors the Champions League. Should we not participate in it because of our principles? It is the same company which sells gas to half of the EU. Should we not buy from them?

But at the end of the day Usmanov is not going to buy the Arsenal anyway. But I wish he did. Not because I care for him but because he's the 50th richest guy in the world. And if the 49th turned up I'd rather have him and so on and so forth.

Last edited:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We still need a cash injection. Acceleration in transfer fees doesn't take away from that fact. If the Board and Kroenke were legit, they'd sanction either a 100m cash injection or an advance (with favourable terms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom