• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Usmanovs name was mentioned a few months ago in parliament just after the latest chemical attack in the UK view to sanctions against him

Neither Kroenke or Usmanov are good potential owners for very different reasons. We need a new model whereby clubs, which are almost like mini -monopolies can be owned by some sort of trust or group structure that prevents one person who taking advantage of the loyalty of the supporters, but on the other hand prevents the knee jerk influence of the average fan, and where no money can be withdrawn from the club.
I would agree a new model is needed, not just for us, but it's not going to happen so we may as well have the guy who is prepared to put the most money into the club.

A lot of names are mentioned in parliament but the brave MPs wouldn't repeat many things outside the House because they cannot be proved or aren't true. Just see how that scoundrel Tom Watson slandered Leon Brittan.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
"many Russians".... you do realise if you said "many blacks" or "many Jews" this board would be closed down and a criminal investigation would probably be started.

Sorry “many Russian mobsters”

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Need the AFTV lot to do their thing if Moustache fails again this summer.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Because money talks. Hell, Trump is basically a mobster and he's President of the Frickin' United States. Here's what the former British Ambassador to Uzbekistan said about him:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2007/09/alisher_usmanov/

Like the UK Government can talk. Led their nation into an illegal war with Iraq to which the then incumbent PM should have faced serious charges for war crimes, just recently the UK illegally bombed Syria and currently fund terrorists to destabilise the Assad regime.

Anyway, back OT. I recall reading an Ornstein tweet which indicated that the "self-sustaining" model is primarily a Board driven directive and not due to the fact that SK is a niggardly, animal killing, toupee wearing ****.

If this is true, then IG and his cronies need to march cap in hand to SK and ask him for an advance. 100-150M would do it. Any legitimate owner worth as much as SK would have no problems doing so.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Arsène has spent the past 22 years touting the values that he helped stand up at Arsenal and the fans want to piss on all of that because they see another club flashing money and are jealous. It's a sad state of affairs.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Like the UK Government can talk. Led their nation into an illegal war with Iraq to which the then incumbent PM should have faced serious charges for war crimes, just recently the UK illegally bombed Syria and currently fund terrorists to destabilise the Assad regime.

Anyway, back OT. I recall reading an Ornstein tweet which indicated that the "self-sustaining" model is primarily a Board driven directive and not due to the fact that SK is a niggardly, animal killing, toupee wearing ****.

If this is true, then IG and his cronies need to march cap in hand to SK and ask him for an advance. 100-150M would do it. Any legitimate owner worth as much as SK would have no problems doing so.

So what are we? The Vatican Conclave? If everyone is bent we shouldn't have any qualms about who invests in the Arsenal.

These days you can find bad things about EVERYONE on the internet.

Well, I'm not a "lowest common denominator" sort of guy. The world is a corrupt place. I'd rather Arsenal not be any more corrupt than it already is. Just because somebody has herpes doesn't mean they need a case of syphilis.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

I recall this too - Board policy is to refuse all outside investment, and this would presumably apply to Usmanov too

Let's hope Gazidis is planning to change this, along with everything else

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Well, I'm not a "lowest common denominator" sort of guy. The world is a corrupt place. I'd rather Arsenal not be any more corrupt than it already is. Just because somebody has herpes doesn't mean they need a case of syphilis.
When I see real evidence, as opposed to hearsay, that Usmanov is more corrupt than the other owners of premiership clubs I may change my views on him but for the present I am happy with anyone who wants to put money into Arsenal buying Kronke out. I support Arsenal and I want them to win, my morality I leave for my personal life.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
When I see real evidence, as opposed to hearsay, that Usmanov is more corrupt than the other owners of premiership clubs I may change my views on him but for the present I am happy with anyone who wants to put money into Arsenal buying Kronke out. I support Arsenal and I want them to win, my morality I leave for my personal life.

Usmanov is one of Putin's oligarchs. Nobody is more corrupt than Putin's oligarchs. He went from a Soviet prison to a man with a net worth of $15 billion. Don't be naive.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Usmanov is one of Putin's oligarchs. Nobody is more corrupt than Putin's oligarchs. He went from a Soviet prison to a man with a net worth of $15 billion. Don't be naive.
Yeah, glad the board are keeping him out, at least one good thing they have been doing.

Most oligarchs got filthy rich during the fall of the USSR over the back of pretty much the entire population. Nothing clean about the way that went down, even worse than these sheikhs in Qatar.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The original American robber barons are now the cream of the WASP establishment. More than a touch of Johnny Foreignerism here.

I am certainly not naïve enough to believe the doctored "news" fed to us by our own crooks.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The original American robber barons are now the cream of the WASP establishment. More than a touch of Johnny Foreignerism here.

I am certainly not naïve enough to believe the doctored "news" fed to us by our own crooks.

Alright then, Putin and his cronies are the salt of the Earth. I still don't play to the least common denominator. Nor do I care to engage in whataboutisms as you are. Believe whatever fairy tale you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom