• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalcomMadness

Szczesny - £12M
Gibbs - £8M
Gabriel - £10M
Ox - £40M
Coquelin - £12M
Walcott - £20M

£102M in player sales over the past year, around 450k a week wages off the books, £52M spent on Lacazette and Mavropanos.

No signings since Ox left, our best player leaving, one finally coming in. Still no money spent, £50M overall profit so far.

Absolutely lovely stuff.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Szczesny - £12M
Gibbs - £8M
Gabriel - £10M
Ox - £40M
Coquelin - £12M
Walcott - £20M

£102M in player sales over the past year, around 450k a week wages off the books, £52M spent on Lacazette and Mavropanos.

No signings since Ox left, our best player leaving, one finally coming in. Still no money spent, £50M overall profit so far.

Absolutely lovely stuff.

That one in particular is looking extremely bad business, with all things considered.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Where does the money go? Even after selling players we seem to have no money to spend.

Don’t say Wenger doesn’t want to spend, Ornstein in the summer said there is no money without a Sanchez sale.

Bored of this now.

Malky

Established Member
That one in particular is looking extremely bad business, with all things considered.
Shocking business.
£12M for a keeper that should be first choice here right now, the only player we've ever sent on loan that's improved drastically and we sell him for peanuts in the current market. A replacement for Cech in the summer, at the standard of Szczesny, will likely be £30M+

Arsenio Venger

The two most important signings we can make this window.

giphy.gif

M

MalcomMadness

Whichever way you look at it we should have upwards of £120M ready to spend, the fact that we aren't looking at multiple big money additions is quite absurd.

By the time we get to the Summer window we'll have another £90M of disposable income to spend on transfer dealings. By then you'd like to think some chocolate coins will be recouped from selling Debuchy, Elneny and potentially Welbeck.

Unless we're saving for Messi I have no idea what they're doing.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We're probably using the money to offer Özil a 300k contract and a signing bonus. The only way we retain him is to match what Juve/Bayern offer. Getting him to extend would be as much of an achievement as a new signing. We can focus on improving our CM, CB options in the summer without having to run around trying to replace Özil.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tell you people, Özil will take Jack’s 10 shirt and Jack will take the number 4, club might make him captain to make up for taking the 10 off him I think. :drool:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
**** knows what formation we play with Özil, Jack , Pea, Lacazette & Micky.

Probably need a DM quick!

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Tell you people, Özil will take Jack’s 10 shirt and Jack will take the number 4, club might make him captain to make up for taking the 10 off him I think. :drool:
Love it when you talk like this, Maximus. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom