• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

๐ŸŽ™๏ธ Future Journalist
Trusted โญ

QyXXLRX.png

Swap Ramsey for Jack and I'd enjoy that.

Heskey

๐ŸŒ‘ ๐ŸŒ˜๐ŸŒ—๐ŸŒ–๐ŸŒ•๐ŸŒ”๐ŸŒ“๐ŸŒ’
Trusted โญ
Just found out there's an 18 year old midfielder at Leeds names Ronaldo Viera.

Sign him up Wengz

dashsnow17

Doesnโ€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted โญ
**** knows what formation we play with ร–zil, Jack , Pea, Lacazette & Micky.

Probably need a DM quick!

Yeah I have no idea how all these players are supposed to balance out. Unless there's no plan to balance them out, which would be classic Wenger.

Often you just want a really good DM to break-up play and let the others get on with it, like Ndidi for example. But Coquelin was originally a destroyer and then he was allowed to roam further up. Surely we can't even be trusted to buy a proper DM and use him correctly?

dashsnow17

Doesnโ€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted โญ
That would be the ideal formation it's too attacking maybe but at least we'll play some beautiful football.

It's so close to replicating the fantastic Monaco side from last season. Only problem is there's no Fabinho in that team.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted โญ
QyXXLRX.png

Swap Ramsey for Jack and I'd enjoy that.

I agree with Wilshere, but in order for that to work it needs an athletic ball winner in midfield.

It's a very similar set up to:

--Hleb------Fabregas----Flamini-----Nasri

So squad wise we would need quite a few additions.

------------------Lacazette----Auba/Welbeck
----Mhiki/Iwobi----------------------------------------ร–zil/?????/Nelson

--------------Wilshere/Xhaka-----AMN/??????

Kola/Monreal------------------------------------Bellerin/??????

I would actually keep Welbeck as he would function in a 2 up top.

However I would sell Ramsey, Elneny, one of Chambers and Holding. With that we should invest in:

*A dominant pacey centre back that can partner with anyone.
*A dominant central midfielder who can win the ball and has pace to recover.
*A wide forward who can double up as a striker.

Wishlist = Koulibaly, Fabinho, Malcolm/Bailey.

Heskey

Trusted โญ
Aubameyang
Mkhi - ร–zil - Nelson
AMN - Wilshere
This is the dream :drool:
Not a bad dream.

AMN seems to have much of the same qualities that make people horny for Fabinho. Class pairing with Wilshere.

Nelson looks super interesting and could probably take the leap in a season to be a good option as well, a starter already this season though? Not sure he is ready for that.

And then you have Lacazette, Ramsey, Xhaka, Iwobi, Nketiah, Welbeck, Giroud as well so many options for rotating.

al-Ustaadh

๐Ÿ‘ณโ€โ™‚๏ธ Figuring out how to delete my account ๐Ÿ‘ณโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Not a bad dream.

AMN seems to have much of the same qualities that make people horny for Fabinho. Class pairing with Wilshere.

Nelson looks super interesting and could probably take the leap in a season to be a good option as well, a starter already this season though? Not sure he is ready for that.

And then you have Lacazette, Ramsey, Xhaka, Iwobi, Nketiah, Welbeck, Giroud as well so many options for rotating.
Except Fabinho is taller. Worry about not having enough height for set pieces sometimes.

Heskey

Trusted โญ
Sanogo
Asano - Akpom - Joel
Elneny - Cleverley​

Bring back Big Sanogo and buy the legend Cleverley so we can see this one in action. :drool:

Heskey

Trusted โญ
Ramsey for rotating? He probably wonโ€™t extend and join Chelsea or Liverpool soon to start.
Not saying he should be a rotating option only. More implying that we need to have quality depth so that the players need to perform to stay in the first 11. I like Ramsey and wouldn't mind him starting, just need to keep them on their feet and have cover - especially considering Ramsey's injury record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsรจne Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom