• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
@say yes

That's my point exactly on Parlour and Henry. Obviously Henry is far superior as a player but as an Arsenal man it's Parlour all the way, it felt like he was one of us living the dream!
I understand where you're coming from. For me though, I think Thierry truly became an Arsenal man when he came back. You could tell what it meant to him to have our shirt on again. That goal and celebration against Leeds still gives me chills and I'm f*cking Batman.

em9999

My rainbows
It's personal and I ain't asking you to not count him as a legend..

I just don't, sorry but there it is

Nicenho

This man used to play for Arsenal. I think alot of people need to recalibrate what they think is godly. This is how high the bar is. Incomparable.

Thanks for that. Really made my new years eve mate! Oh how I miss that fella.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
This man used to play for Arsenal. I think alot of people need to recalibrate what they think is godly. This is how high the bar is. Incomparable.

I feel disappointed with myself for forgetting how good he was. Özil will have to continue this form for 5+ more seasons and then some with us to be even up there with this guy.

eye4goal

Established Member
Maybe a lesser player than Vieira gets away with less, but he gets the benefit of the doubt due to his ability. Cruyff is still a legend at Ajax despite playing for Feyenoord and winning a title there. Many players have achieved legendary status for more than one club(Cruyff, Baggio, Van Basten, M Laudrup, Lineker, Wright, Cristiano etc).

em9999

My rainbows
Bergkamp cost Rioch around 10 mil, bergkamp was the greatest achievement of riochs time at Arsenal....other than that he was a appalling manager

If bergkamp played today in his prime he would be priceless

fabo

6.51 / 10
Moving elsewhere wouldn't have tainted Bergkamp though. If anything, I thought he should have done so as his influence was greatly reduced in his latter years and Henry was a wrecking machine up top, creating, scoring, working the channels etc. Too good.

Balance is key

I feel disappointed with myself for forgetting how good he was. Özil will have to continue this form for 5+ more seasons and then some with us to be even up there with this guy.

Its sickening to think of how much worse Bergkamp would have been with us - if he was forced to play with Giroud - that Henry-Bergkamp partnership elevated both players!

Bergkamp had Henry - thats a partnership Özil can only dream of - Bergkamp while great had an amazing team and an absolute beast of a striker and two top level wingers in all the years he was with us.

of all our attacking players only Özil and Alexis would be anywhere near Arsenal quality at that time

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Its sickening to think of how much worse Bergkamp would have been with us - if he was forced to play with Giroud - that Henry-Bergkamp partnership elevated both players!

Bergkamp had Henry - thats a partnership Özil can only dream of - Bergkamp while great had an amazing team and an absolute beast of a striker and two top level wingers in all the years he was with us.

of all our attacking players only Özil and Alexis would be anywhere near Arsenal quality at that time

Well before Henry there was Wright and not a lot else, but yeah I get your point. Maybe i'm been a bit harsh on Özil, not really comparable and would just rather enjoy and be thankful that we him. Bar Giroud we've got some fantastic players right now, we're not far off.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's easy to kind of forget, when you get so invested in the present team. The bar lowers gradually over time, and then when you see old Bergy vids, your jaw drops. I watched a great Henry vid the other day, and was nearly moved to ****ing tears! We're better off forgetting that mob, because it makes you see the present bunch in a different light.

I watched a vid of every goal Wiltord scored for us earlier, and some of the finishing was ridiculous. His scoring rate wasn't great for us, even for a wide man, but christ, he was razor sharp and had a great striking instinct. If we had that Wiltord playing up front for us now, we'd be sorted.

AVENTUS

Rosicky and Arteta collect 80K a week for screaming 'Come on!' before every game in the dressing room.

I've read or heard a lot of pros say Rosicky had the potential to world class if it wasn't for injuries. Rues being one that springs to mind.

Like him very much seems so placid and happy to help the team whenever. Don't mind being a squad player.

Scored some cracking goals too.

Would I say him and Arteta are club legends......NO WAY.

FreeGlennHelder

Does not show millions of defensive headers away from corners and free kicks

Oh my God, oh my God
If I die, I'm a legend
Oh my God, oh my God
If I die, I'm a legend

FreeGlennHelder

It's easy to kind of forget, when you get so invested in the present team. The bar lowers gradually over time, and then when you see old Bergy vids, your jaw drops. I watched a great Henry vid the other day, and was nearly moved to ****ing tears! We're better off forgetting that mob, because it makes you see the present bunch in a different light.

I watched a vid of every goal Wiltord scored for us earlier, and some of the finishing was ridiculous. His scoring rate wasn't great for us, even for a wide man, but christ, he was razor sharp and had a great striking instinct. If we had that Wiltord playing up front for us now, we'd be sorted.

I remember being in Walkabout Bar Victoria Embankment London. Watching Arsenal in CL. Wiltord gave away the ball and I shouted so loud the whole bar stared at me. The opposition broke away, scored and knocked us out of the competition. Extremely frustrating player who raised my blood pressure to levels that have never quite returned to normal. But he scored *that* goal at Old Trafford. So all is forgiven.

easy Z

Legends

Adams
Vieira
Bergkamp
Henry
Wright

Greats

Pires
Ljungberg
Dixon
Winterburn
Rocastle
Gilberto
Seaman

easy Z

Was watching football's greatest series the other day. I knew Bergkamp was genius but he was even better than I thought. His touch, technique and the way he moved the ball was just out of this world. A truly unique player, especially for a Western European.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom