• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who could be next arsenal manager?

Arnie

i heard gilles grimandi is taking a coaching badge!!

seriously one nono is David Platt, can't do anything with youngsters as he proved with the under 21's.

I dunno why you guys expect him to be an arsenal man. Only thing wenger had in common with arsenal was his first name before he came to us. Also he wasn't well known. He had been sacked at monaco i believe and shipped himself off to japan. And noone thought this french guy with glasses would be a long term success.

I'll be happy with whoever the board picks in 2012!!

beanz

Mad Jens said:
Le Guen manages Lyon, Clive Woodward is the coach of the English Rugby team.
What Jens forgot? to mention is that, Clive Woodward is the coach of the World Cup winning and reigning World Champions, (pauses for fanfare) England :p

beanz

henry's girl said:
Spike said:
henry's girl said:
AW clone can be our new manager

:p :p
I'm serious. Its my final project - cloning.
All I need is AW's hair :D and we have ourselves a manager for life :p
Is that why you're desperately trying to get some of Titi's hair?
Your very own Thierry slave to do your bidding eh? :p

jasonlohkh

Originally posted by jasonlohkh:
I will go for O'Leary.This guy is just like Wenger;unbelieveable talent at scouting young talent n good at nuturing great young player.

i think O'leary is a good manager, but can you please tell me what talent he has scouted and brought in himself?

Rio, Smith (almost the entire leeds team that advanced to the semifinal of CL). And how he revitalised Angel career in Aston Villa.

KingReyes

Established Member
jasonlohkh said:
Originally posted by jasonlohkh:
I will go for O'Leary.This guy is just like Wenger;unbelieveable talent at scouting young talent n good at nuturing great young player.

i think O'leary is a good manager, but can you please tell me what talent he has scouted and brought in himself?

Rio, Smith (almost the entire leeds team that advanced to the semifinal of CL). And how he revitalised Angel career in Aston Villa.

Rio is a talent of west ham, he bought him ready made. Smith is from the Leeds youth academy brought up by Howard Wilkinson and Angel was purchased by John Gregory at Villa. So thats not really players that he has scouted and brought in himself.

However I do agree that he's a good manager and like you said, he has re-vitalised Angel's career and managed to bring the best out players, like those of Leeds in 2001 when they made the semi final of the CL. So don't get me wrong, he does improve players but he hasn't impressed me with scouting and bringing in talent like Wenger has. Maybe you meant differently and used Rio and Smith as examples.

Canuck

Established Member
Wow that's a tough one. It's hard to think of anyone who is such a Complete Manager as AW. I see that some of you are throwing out some interesting names.
Strachan, O'Leary, O'Neil would be my top three (not in that order) from the established British coaches. But I'm sure there are many foreigners who would be drooling at the prospect.
I would have to agree that Tony Adams would have to have made a significant improvement if he was to take over at Ashburton. (so it won't happen folks, sorry)
I dearly love Bergkamp, though it's hard to tell if he would make a good coach too. I always saw him taking a position with the coaching staff, but not really as the manager. Though maybe he could apprentice with AW when the time comes, and slowly take over.
Interesting thoughts.
Bottom line, I think AW is going to be around for awhile, so this is all just idle speculation. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom