• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is actually comming to Arsenal?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 99
  • Views 5,361
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjan

A.Hussain said:
kluivert is a dead log, just like kanu. trust me he wont be able to withstand the premiership rigours.

Are we talking about the same Patrick KLuivert here?

This man scored in the CL final (at 18 y.o. ), netted a 100 goals for Barca, played in italy and spain and you call him a dead log.

He won't be able to withstand the premiership rigours, nope, I think he won't withstand critics with nonsense opinions....

JGooner

i agree with you 100%. Signing like Kluivert is a massive risk. He is as naturally talented as any striker in the world, but he has underachieved for most of his career now. His attitude is a joke. He trains poorly, and barely manages to keep his weight down. He needs 5 chances to score 1 goal (unlike Smith, whose poor strike rate is the result of few chances, not bad finishing). Kluivert may also sap some of our team spirit with his arrogance and indulgence. Also, according to Guilleme Balague (that Spanish journo who is always on sky) Kluivert is not bothered about winning things and just wants to have a happy life off the field. The reason he wants to come to london is that his older sister lives here, who he is very close too. Don't get me wrong, if I felt confident that we could turn Kluivert into the man he was back in '95, then I'd snap him up in a second. But i don't feel confident.

Smith is a better option. Lower wages, greater hunger.

A

Anonymous

we don't need a brainless , git like smith. this guy is too on the edge for me.

The last thing we need is a mental case who argues with the ref and gets send off.

wiltord is way better than this git

thegame24

Established Member
"henry 14 - the "english trash" Alan Smith has played in a CL semi final (along with his english trash teammates - woodgate, ferdinand, bowyer, etc), which is more than can be said of our french players. ."

our french players have won the world cup and the european cup. woodgate thug. bower thug. ferdinand druggie. u rate their achievements over our FRENCH guys? the guys who have won the prem and the fa CUP? where were leeds the year after in the CL? nowhere what about man us ENGLISH base how many times have they won the cl after fluking it? Never.

dont make me laugh england have the most useless players around bar owen, beckham, campbell, cole, rooney, smith.

comments like this

"which is more than can be said of our french players"

really piss me off.

A

Anonymous

so waht are saying you rather have smith and the **** beckham who talks like a tit, then Henry , pires and Big PAT?

flotz

smith isnt good enough...at least i dont think hes better than our strikers
and kluivert is overrated....he just isnt the player he used to be...there's no need for another kanu
ideally i would like kezman or torres but i think wenger will find another diamond we never heard of

XxGoonaStuxX

Yeah Wenger will blaytantly rip someone into the team that a) we probably haven't thought of/left out and b) Make him into a great Henry,Vieira etc....

A

Anonymous

ideally i would like kezman or torres

Torres? Oh my god. I don't think he's a player for Arsenal. And he's overrated. There better strikers here in Spain.

JGooner

someone tell the greek to calm down.

I made a point about the CL and all you can do is start talking about the World Cup and European Championships. Even then, you conveniently ignore how France performed at the last World Cup. Do you want to remind me how far they got, or how many goals they scored? Where did their va va voom go? The only world cup they won was handed to them on a plate because the opposition's star player had a fit before the game which traumatised the rest of the team.

Manure may not have won the CL since '99 but the fact is that they have won it. We haven't. They have reached at least the quarter finals almost every season since '99. We did it once. There is no shame in recognising that we have something to learn from that - Vieira (a Frenchman, in case you need reminding) said the exact same thing a few days ago.

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:
our french players have won the world cup and the european cup. woodgate thug. bower thug. ferdinand druggie.

Druggie?where did you come up with that conclusion from!?

thegame24

Established Member
RUUD
have u come close to winning it since? no!
have u got knocked out by every decent team u ended up playing? yes
did u get 2 goals in extra time in the final? yes
FLUKE!

jgooner how long did it take fergie to win the damn thing? we will win it in time i have always said this season, well see.

and so france didnt go through does that mean england are better? does that mean turkey are better? are germany better than france????
may i also remind u zidane and pires were out injured and the dumbass french manager played henry out wide. so of course "va va voom" would be lacking

arsenal didnt qualify from second stage last year so are ajax better than us cause they did? are roma? NO

and since u refered to facts and stats like france not qualifying then y dont u acknowledge THE FACTS AND STATS that gilberto has been one of our best mids this season?

what a dumb point to make about the leeds players though,

AND WHAT THE HELL will we learn from manure? how to get knocked out aginst decent teams after playing chumps in group stages????? or how to beat inter 5-1??? oh wait thats somethjing they can learn from us, beating DECENT teams.

got any more comments Jgooner?

whats the J stand for any way? Jackass or Junior? cause u fit both names well.

Adam

Established Member
thegame - the forum can't have that sort of abuse.

Jgooner - do not refer to a user by their nationality. The "greek" is an unfair comment and you know why you said it. Although i do commend your calm and non abusive reaction - this naming was not right.

thegame24

Established Member
i apologise but if henry 14 was banned from making such dumb comments i wouldnt have reacted like that to him.

A

Anonymous

so apparently getting 2 goals in extra-time is a fluke now??!it wasn't like we got there by fluke either..we beat the likes of Juve,Inter, had the group of death,Barcelona,Bayern,..it's shocking how one can say it was a fluke soo easily..perhaps luck was on our side at times..but who doesn't need luck to win any trophy of sort.certainly being unbeaten that whole competition in every game wasn't a fluke..shocking how you can pass a comment like that so easily..And yes we have come close to winning it ..especially the year before last in the semi-final where we went out to Bayer..that too on away goals..we perhaps deserved to go out..but we sure were close..and we've also been the only team to qualify for the 1/4 finals of the competition in the last 7 years consecutively..fluke indeed.

thegame24

Established Member
like i said when u came up against a decent team u went out.

all your groups are easy. hertha, sturm graz, that isrealy team that had to play in cyprus, and this season rangers and a greek "WE DONT GIVE A **** team" panathinaikos

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
I made a point about the CL and all you can do is start talking about the World Cup and European Championships. Even then, you conveniently ignore how France performed at the last World Cup. Do you want to remind me how far they got, or how many goals they scored? Where did their va va voom go?

And your ignoring their overall record for the last 5 years. They had a bad world cup as their coach is an idiot and played players out of position. He based his whole team around Zidane and when he got injured he didn't know what to do. I hate the french as much as anyone else but I respect that their team is very very good.

The english players haven't exactly set the CL allight have they? Man utd's best players in the CL for the past decade have been Keane + Giggs. Keane has been the player who time and time again has got them out of jail. He is a brilliant player.

Also like Adam said you don't need to call him greek. Why must you come accross as being so rude when you don't need to? You wouldn't like it if I called you gay boy now would you?

ruud, man utd did very well to get to the CL final. That win away from home against Juve was something else. Luck was on your side in the final though. Even you manager admitted it. Bayern Munich that year was better than you but they didn't take their chances and you did.

Man utd have done well in the CL. They always trash the lesser teams. They do struggle against the better ones but I admire how they always whoop the lesser teams. Something we haven't done enough of in the past.....

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think the perfect player for us would be Trezeguet and while signing him is unlikely its not completely impossible. Smith's a good player but I just don't think he's intelligent enough to fit in to our technical fast flowing game.

Adam

Established Member
Trezeguet is limited in terms of team play, which is why i dont think he will be a success under this Arsenal.

Wenger say's anyone can play with Henry. Yes to an extent, but certain players maximise Henry's capabilities at the same time as adding their own difference to the team. That is the true meaning in an attacking partnership.

Jgooner unusually rates Smith very highly. Good first touch, aggressive, and a decent finisher. However, he does not have the vision, intelligent movement, speed, and passing ability which are a neccesity for Wengerball and to play with Henry. We need a box striker (good at heading in particular) who can attack in both ways and meet our needs (Wengerball compatible to keep moves flowing - unlike Jeffers, and ability to score the oppurtunist/percentage goals in the box).

If we aren't getting a striker, then personally i'd like to see a new attacking midfielder come in. Reyes, Robben, Joaquin, VDV would all add something. To the detriment to our youth, it must be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom