• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who's our best player?

Who's our best player?

• Özil

• Sánchez

• Cech

• Cazorla

• Ramsey

• Monreal

• Koscielny

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cech is very important and in our top 5 players easily for me. He stopped us losing yesterday and has a number of times already this season.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
with Ramsey we win games.
without ramsey we struggle.
he is Arsenal atm.
I'll respectfully disagree with that, he was when he had the form of his life some time ago, he hasn't been that great this season yet, wasn't very good at the start of the season but he's improving all the time it seems, his game hasn't had a very big impact on our games yet and considering that; he's not our most important player at the moment, but he is good and he does make us a lot better, at least when he's playing alright.

If I were to name who I thought was most important to us, it's without a doubt Cech, Özil is good, he's very good, but he rarely determines the outcome of a match on his own, Ramsey has not been capable of that for a long while now (but hopefully soon), Alexis has that in him, but Cech proves how much a goalkeeper matters and if not for him yesterday would have been a loss, they were saying Cech could gain us 10 points a season I think he could possibly give us more than that because he's got to be pretty close to 10 points already.

Most skillful however, over all best player? Hard to not say Özil in that regard, he is a very, very refined player, but not the most important.

Last edited:

Jamrock

Really if you think about it we dont rely on a single individual, one moment its Ramsey, Santi, cech, Sanchez, Özil, and kossy in defense. The Coq only because we dont have a straight replacement for him.

We can cope without each provided their replacement is not injured themselves..

You can play Ospina for a few games ig Cech is out.

You can play Gabriel if kossy is out.

You can play cazorla in the no10 role with no major difference.

Wilshere/Ramsey can replace Cazorla in CM.

Walcott on the right if sanchez is out.

Only The Coq is the problem as we dont have anyone near his influence in that DM position. But if wenger was not an arrogant man we would have schneiderlin, kondogbia etc..

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think this is unfair poll given the form of of Özil. At the start of last season I think the results would of been very different. The importance of Alexis does seem very downplayed these days, we looked predictable when he went off yesterday.

TheSage

Cech .... we are hanging on by our fingernails, without him holding us together at the back we'd be mid-table no matter how well Özil or Sanchez were playing ....

Jamrock

Still think this is unfair poll given the form of of Özil. At the start of last season I think the results would of been very different. The importance of Alexis does seem very downplayed these days, we looked predictable when he went off yesterday.
It depends on who is in form.

Özil has been one of our best player for last two years.

I voted for Sanchez though, Sanchez & Suarez are type of footballers that I would take over Messi & Neymar types , 10/10 times.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Özil has been one of our best player for last two years.

I voted for Sanchez though, Sanchez & Suarez are type of footballers that I would take over Messi & Neymar types , 10/10 times.
Really? I'm pretty sure most accepted this was Mesut's 'make or break' season, don't think he would have coped with another year in the same form we've seen from the beginning.

Really? I'm pretty sure most accepted this was Mesut's 'make or break' season, don't think he would have coped with another year in the same form we've seen from the beginning.

The player that would have survived my killer-hammer in the summer after last two seasons were Özil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Coquelin, Koscielny and Bellerin.

Hence our best players. I think the negative minority on this forum really got to people, and some started to accept the negativeness the minority were feeding them. In the end everyone looked through what Özil was doing on the field and started blaming him and asking more from him.

Remind you Özil wont score or assist every game this season, that doesn't mean he wont be one of our best player.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Maybe we should revive this thread.

I have to admit that a couple months ago I would have voted Sanchez. Naive as that is I have always maintained that the more gifted/talented of the two is Özil and that Sanchez has a high risk style of football which can be detrimental to the team.

ptrcopp

THInk it would be good to revive this too, as a historic lurker I’d like to have my say (once others have!).
But how do we define best?
Maybe it could change to most important. Only because Monreal is definitely not the best footballer, think that could only be one of three...
But he’s clearly important for an attacking 3-4-3/ 5-2-3 in that he is often the often he only one to push forward and increase the numbers in the centre of midfield.

BBF

Helmet has been cack since the very beginning considering he was supposed to be one of the best keepers in the league when we bought him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who cares anymore? This thread was created when there was hope...

Ah yes, the 15-16 season up until February. :drool:

Man United 3-0
Bayern 2-0
Man City 2-1
Last minute winner vs Leicester.

Losing to United's under 15 team and completely collapsing like we all should have suspected. :drool: What a season tbf.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
THInk it would be good to revive this too, as a historic lurker I’d like to have my say (once others have!).
But how do we define best?
Maybe it could change to most important. Only because Monreal is definitely not the best footballer, think that could only be one of three...
But he’s clearly important for an attacking 3-4-3/ 5-2-3 in that he is often the often he only one to push forward and increase the numbers in the centre of midfield.

Delusional!

he is the weakest link in our team (or rather amongst the regular starters)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Helmet has been cack since the very beginning considering he was supposed to be one of the best keepers in the league when we bought him.
He'd peaked for sure, and I was dubious about the signing. But I think overall he's done a very good job and continues to. He's in great form and has been for quite a while.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom