• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
People are acting as if we could just add arbitrary players to the deal. It's not only about CP, it's probably even more about the players not being ready to move there at the will of the club.

Mustafi has build a lovely nest here, Elneny and Jenks are living the dream ..

That's why cash+player(s) or player swaps aren't common. Too many seperate interests to align. Also imagine how hard it is to agree on one player's value, now try to agree on the value of 2 or more. Extremely complicated transfers.

As fans we entertain the idea because it somehow makes the deal look more doable. Besides then we get the chance to throw Mustafi into these hypothetical deals. Win win for everyone.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure if this can officially be described as at transfer request stage yet or not. Reports are mixed on that, not sure if we would necessarily know what exactly he has communicated with the club anyway.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
To be fair he agitates for a move every summer so i think they've probably weighed it up many times before and still kept him. I think they see him as so important to their team that they're more than willing to risk it.

Not to mention that those other tweets make it sound like he's not particularly fussed as long as it's a move to a big club, Arsenal just happen to be the preference. If there's no desperation to move specifically to us then it looks like he's not going to force a move rendering this entire thing a bit pointless. I feel we're wasting our time but at least it looks like we've set up a plan B.

Fair summary. Granted Wilf's making a stronger case this year, but bottom line any bid has to be close to Parish's valuation before any special considerations are granted.

IMO Wilf will likely have to throw in his loyalty bonus by tabling a transfer request. He won't do that until he is sure a club is coming in with an offer at the right level and his chipping in £5m might make the difference. I say a club because since Arsenal appear not to be backing him he may reconsider his preference for a London transfer.

The later this runs, the greater the pressure for a player or two coming the other way to part-fill the gap Zaha would leave. If I see a formal transfer request then I start worrying.

GunnerUK

Really don’t want to pay over the odds for Zaha as the figures palace are talking I’m sure there is better out there. Saying that his Premier League proven had his best season to date last year with 10 goals and 5 assists his 26 years old and I believe he’ll get better and is now peaking to full potential, playing with strikers like Aubamyeang and Lacazette will further progress his career. would be a serous attacking threat them 3.

But if Palace are looking £80mil that’s crazy. Barcelona are offering that for Neymar as I speak lol. (With an optional 2 players inc)

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its difficult because AWB just went for £50M. So Palace will 100% want £60M probably with add ons. Its doable for sure, but do we wanna do it.

GunnerUK

Its difficult because AWB just went for £50M. So Palace will 100% want £60M probably with add ons. Its doable for sure, but do we wanna do it.

Exactly.

He could flop you never know.

But Emery really keen on him though apperanty

Is anybody else even in for Zaha ? I’ve seen nothing

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Is the reported but unverified £62m offer from Man Utd for Auba relevant to the cash which could be made available?

Not been reported anywhere reliable so at the moment, no. There was a bit of speculation for Lacazette, but he isn't leaving either.

Would Palace take Chambers? Hodgson said you guys "have no defenders so to speak"?

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Not been reported anywhere reliable so at the moment, no. There was a bit of speculation for Lacazette, but he isn't leaving either.

Would Palace take Chambers? Hodgson said you guys "have no defenders so to speak"?

Hodgson's comment is thought to be short-term due to players not yet back from injury. But, yes, we do have injury-prone central defenders so Chambers with his versatility could have a role.

GunnerUK

Hodgson's comment is thought to be short-term due to players not yet back from injury. But, yes, we do have injury-prone central defenders so Chambers with his versatility could have a role.

He had a good season with Fulham was one of their stand out players. That’s why I’d rather we kept Chambers could be a breakthrough season for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom