• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will mr Diaby take his chance??

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I doubt that this season is Diaby's last with us . AW loves him and he can certainly do a job for us .

CandysRoom

Established Member
I remember many, myself included, thinking RvP's time was done after the last horrendous injury. Oh how he proved us wrong. I'm loathe to say get rid of Diaby, when he is ultra talented and a good fit to our team when fit. He looked alright in his cameo the other day! There's only him and Yaya able to beat a man in that rangey fashion in the EPL right now.

His wages are a problem though in a club striving to be economically sustainable, so I think if his injuries continue, we may sell him next summer. I'll be gutted should he leave mind!

kalleTheMan

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Post Cesc we no longer play a possession based game.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KZjiOa7qkQ&feature=g-u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KZjiOa7qkQ&feature=g-u</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We still got the highest posession stats in the league.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
ebouenolike said:
mavelous said:
Saying RvP is ridiculously good doesn't mean that Diaby is infinitely worthless, is what I'm trying to say.

Yeh. Nothing to do with RvP Diaby is fairly pointless currently. Simply put if a player can't stay fit they can't help the team - it's that simple.

And whatever sympathy I attempted to muster for Diaby faded when I read this - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3629197/Arsenals-Abou-Diaby-I-own-and-wear-a-Sp**s-top.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... s-top.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Weren't those quotes fabricated? It's The Sun after all.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Im all for giving players a chance, but when compared to RVP who has had bad injuries and still managed to impress us, I wonder how many Diaby needs. We can all probably roll of the top of our heads great performances by RvP between his injuries, but how many Diaby ones are there?

Sorry, but if theres a chance to sell him to a (foreign) club in the new year, i saw we take it and bring in someone else. Whats the use of a great player if you cant play him.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I always wondered why Guardiola was so intent on ousting Yaya Toure out of the Barcelona first team. I mean, he was clearly a quality player who was part of a treble winning side, yet he was quickly replaced by a talented but at the time anyway, inferior player in Busquets. Maybe, he just wanted another home grown player within the team, but I also think that Yaya's sluggishness without the ball may have been deemed unsuitable to the pressing game that Guardiola had been cultivating at the Camp Nou.

I mention that, because it was so incredibly evident just how poor Diaby was defensively without the ball in his brief cameo, whenever he was in a position to press the opponent. Questions have been raised in regards to his defensive ability in the past, but I don't recall many mentioning his lack of aggression when behind the ball as a problem, most likely because our midfield unit as a whole has lacked work rate and aggression since Vieira and Flamini left respectively. Now that we've got all three midfielder's busting a gut, and harassing the opponent ceaselessly, any midfielder without a similar level of output sticks out like a sore thumb. This is just in regards to our midfield's off the ball play, mind you.

I don't know, I see plenty of benefits Diaby could offer in our changed team, but seeing him stand off opponent midfielder's, reminded me of the passive midfield we had recently been accustomed to. I really don't want to see any more of that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
truth_hurts said:
Post Cesc we no longer play a possession based game so this should suit Diaby down to a tee.

That's a very fair point actually. I'm sure the needle on my diabyisshitometer just twitched :shock:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm firmly in the camp that belives he should get one more go at it.

Pay him all that money in wages and medical fees to get him mobile again and allegedly free of the ankle problem that has plagued him for the last 100 years, only to get shot of him so some other club can benefit from all our endeavour and faith?

FAIL.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
celestis said:
I doubt that this season is Diaby's last with us . AW loves him and he can certainly do a job for us .

If it was that he couldn't recover from his injury it might be........I hope he does recover and show his talent but it still is an if.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope he recovers from his injury and proves to be a quality squad member for us this season. Obviously, this latest setback must be really tough for him, but he should be back pretty soon.

Our team this season plays a completely different style than last season's, so Diaby might take a little while to adjust to the different style, but any more depth to the midfield should be welcomed. Diaby can play all three of our midfield positions, so having a healthy Diaby will be an asset.

Some may question his defensive skills, but during his games last season he proved to be an adequate replacement for Song. Playing less than 30 minutes this season as replacements for Theo and Ramsey should not be an indicator of his possible defensive failings.

This season we don't need him to be a regular starter, but simply a quality replacement for our current midfielders. This should be the best thing for him and for the team, so that he doesn't get overworked and the rest of our players also get a rest.

I hope he comes back soon.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
kalleTheMan said:
truth_hurts said:
Post Cesc we no longer play a possession based game.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KZjiOa7qkQ&feature=g-u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KZjiOa7qkQ&feature=g-u</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We still got the highest posession stats in the league.

we would have to be honest but i'd wager a lot that our possession stats have dropped significantly this season.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
So far this season:
Code:
Arsenal	58%
Chelsea	57%
Swansea	56%
City	   56%
United	 54%

10-11:
Code:
Arsenal	  59%
Chelsea	  58%
United	   55%
Tottenham	53%
City	     52%

09-10:
Code:
Chelsea	 59%
Arsenal	 59%
Liverpool  58%
United	  57%
City	    52%

hesham

Established Member
Hope people will stop call us a counter attacking team now, yes were better at it & more direct but we are and always will be a possesion based team under wenger, any top team has to be.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom