• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Ramadhaan effect Toure ?

MightyArsenal

Gah, Kolo is gonna fast, end of story.

Ps. the koran is the most scientific holy book there is. One example is It correctly described the human fetus long before technology such as ultrasound etc, try reading it next time before coming up with statements like the one you made. And just like other religions islam is not made of one or 2 books, there are many books that together constitute one religion ie in chrisitianty the psalms, gospel etc.

asajoseph

Established Member
Lol. I can't believe I'm getting drawn into this but anyway.

Sura 22:5 says "We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then from a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed ... and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes."

The embryology in the Koran isn't so miraculous. It was commonly known among Greek physicians of the time. In fact, the embryology in the Koran is commonly thought to have been influenced by the works of Galen, a Greek of around 150 AD.

Listen guys, this topic is going to get locked pretty soon at this rate. If anyone would like to continue it in PM, I'd be happy.

arsenal4life

asajoseph said:
OH dear. Lol, now it is getting theological. :shock: :p

just answering about the qestions mate

and about your post
i really enjoyed it
but i don't get the point

First i think everyone espouse a religion thinks that he's right otherwise he espouse another one

so if anyone has the concern to know which one is really the right and
merits to be followed i think he must do some effort to search for the truth cause you can never sit down and want everything to come to you easily

and if he dosn't want to do that effort he can just does not think in this issue and go with his life as it's now

about Allah and he must oblige ppl for his religion if he's true one,
i think it's another philosophy mate

Ridge

asajoseph said:
In fact, the embryology in the Koran is commonly thought to have been influenced by the works of Galen, a Greek of around 150 AD.
it was influenced by the Bible too. you see the koran and the Bible has some points quite similiar.

MightyArsenal

Id imagine the "original" bible and the quaran as it is now were probably very similar. The torah also similar, as all three religions are of the Abrahamic faith.

asajoseph

Established Member
Originally posted by asajoseph:
OH dear. Lol, now it is getting theological.

just answering about the qestions mate

and about your post
i really enjoyed it
but i don't get the point

First i think everyone espouse a religion thinks that he's right otherwise he espouse another one

so if anyone has the concern to know which one is really the right and
merits to be followed i think he must do some effort to search for the truth cause you can never sit down and want everything to come to you easily

and if he dosn't want to do that effort he can just does not think in this issue and go with his life as it's now

about Allah and he must oblige ppl for his religion if he's true one,
i think it's another philosophy mate

It wasn't a criticism about it getting theological, I do enjoy a good theological debate. :D

The point of my post is, that having a serious theological discussion is fine, provided you can back up your oppinions with some form of knowledge. In the case of any debate, and it is true in this case, that any oppinion that can not be backed up by at least some form of knowledge should be expressed as a question :D

Basically, I mean that I think it is for me to offer a challenge to Islam, as with any other religion provided I have some reasonable expressed grounds for doing so. See my post above, for exactly what I mean.

What is not ok, is making some massive general statement, such as 'Islam should move with the times', without offering any indication that I have the knowledge of the issue to back up what I have said.

Same is true for football. For example, I'll give you 3 statements, the likes of which are often posted on this board:-

1. Lauren is rubbish.

2. I've heard that Lauren is rubbish. Is this true?

3. I've seen Lauren play, and I think that he's rubbish because his positional awareness is awful, he doesn't link up well with the forwards and his tackling is rash. ***

Statement 1. is mildly offensive to any Arsenal fan, as it looks simply like a dig at Lauren, without actually bothering to think about how he plays.

Statement 2. is how statement 1 should be re-phrased, if you in fact know nothing about Lauren, but have heard that he is rubbish.

Statement 3. is an honest oppinion backed up by some form of knowledge (in this case, poor quality of knowledge), and is therefore at least a reasonable starting point for a debate. We can now move on to discuss whether any of the listed qualities is in fact true of Lauren, perhaps bring up other things he does well, and decide therefore whether or not it is possible to define him as rubbish.

Sorry, this is long winded and patronising, but I think I've made my point.

Take it easy,

Asaldo

***PS. The views expressed in this part of the post are not necessarily those of the poster!!!

arsenal4life

asajoseph said:
The point of my post is, that having a serious theological discussion is fine, provided you can back up your oppinions with some form of knowledge. In the case of any debate, and it is true in this case, that any oppinion that can not be backed up by at least some form of knowledge should be expressed as a question :D

Basically, I mean that I think it is for me to offer a challenge to Islam, as with any other religion provided I have some reasonable expressed grounds for doing so. See my post above, for exactly what I mean.

What is not ok, is making some massive general statement, such as 'Islam should move with the times', without offering any indication that I have the knowledge of the issue to back up what I have said.

Same is true for football. For example, I'll give you 3 statements, the likes of which are often posted on this board:-

1. Lauren is rubbish.

2. I've heard that Lauren is rubbish. Is this true?

3. I've seen Lauren play, and I think that he's rubbish because his positional awareness is awful, he doesn't link up well with the forwards and his tackling is rash. ***

Statement 1. is mildly offensive to any Arsenal fan, as it looks simply like a dig at Lauren, without actually bothering to think about how he plays.

Statement 2. is how statement 1 should be re-phrased, if you in fact know nothing about Lauren, but have heard that he is rubbish.

Statement 3. is an honest oppinion backed up by some form of knowledge (in this case, poor quality of knowledge), and is therefore at least a reasonable starting point for a debate. We can now move on to discuss whether any of the listed qualities is in fact true of Lauren, perhaps bring up other things he does well, and decide therefore whether or not it is possible to define him as rubbish.

Sorry, this is long winded and patronising, but I think I've made my point.

Take it easy,

Asaldo

Thumbs up mate

gooner#1

It wasn't a criticism about it getting theological, I do enjoy a good theological debate. :D

What is not ok, is making some massive general statement, such as 'Islam should move with the times', without offering any indication that I have the knowledge of the issue to back up what I have said.[/quote]
Asajospeph,you must be a teacher -all the time we have to back up our argument in school.

asajoseph

Established Member
Asajospeph,you must be a teacher -all the time we have to back up our argument in school.

Lol, nah mate, I'm still a student! All I'll say is that I've had a bit of practice at this kind of thing :D

leongsh

asajoseph said:

Lol, nah mate, I'm still a student! All I'll say is that I've had a bit of practice at this kind of thing :D

Your teachers are then doing a good job of inculcating and equiping you with the tools of effective thinking, reasoning and debate/argument skills. 2 big thumbs up from me.

Jinn said:
They aren't compelled to fast. :roll:

Religion doesn't affect your performance. That's the point, not fasting. By bringing fasting in to the equation you're complicating a scenario with factors that have no consequence. Not last year and not other years either.

So no point, is there.

Many many muslim football players, in the top flight, too many to mention who are basically world beaters.

Does Religion affect their game?

Jinn

Established Member
The topic isn't about religion, it's about Ramadhan.

Ramadhan = fasting.

Will Toure do this?

If so, will it affect his performance?

The fact that it is a religious festival is secondary.

Jinn said:
The topic isn't about religion, it's about Ramadhan.

Ramadhan = fasting.

Will Toure do this?

If so, will it affect his performance?

The fact that it is a religious festival is secondary.

It's a religious concept so it's religious - who are you? Fidel Castro? Adolf Hitler?

It's not a Religious Festival. Look up Festival in the dictionary.

Fasting is something you do as a muslim person and the fact it hasn't been an issue before raises it as - you've guessed it a religious choice. You'd understand this if you read Toure's Interview notes or even heard him speak regarding this - the fact you don't know highlights you don't.

It's not an issue until it's raised - that's the only point. So Toure takes a RELIGIOUS choice over a devotional concept in his religion.

The fact it doesn't affect Zidane, Anelka et al highlights how little of an issue it is and RELIGION is the major facet here because that is how they are approaching the subject on, on religious grounds.

Islam states, if you're working avoiding Fasting is not Haram then, it is Halal because you are doing it as part of your work and in the work of an athlete his diet is important. A Muslim can offer himself to his religion in many other ways. During the Mughal reign most of the armies didn't fast either as it was considered a Relgious (oh there's that word again) duty to observe your work, where work in islam is a major part of their life.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom