• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Reyes fulfill his potential?

Will Reyes fulfill his potential?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
pha2er said:
RocktheCasbah said:
You'll see pha2er, you'll see...
i bleeding well hope so, it's not fun for me to watch a player constantly fail to perform.

You're over egging the pudding I think amigo.

Reyes was by no means the worst, and probably the best if you take the season as a whole, of our widemen. I include Hleb in that, despite the way he finished the season.

He works like a bastard, he has set up more goals than anyone else in our side this season (and weren't assists part of the reason we all laughed when pundits expressed a preference for the cheating c'nt in Salford over our own Thierry?) and has shown that he does know where the goal is. He just gets lost occassionally.

And he's still only 22. Not everyone can be a Fabregas, y' know?

Army of Me

Established Member
maybe i am only concentrating on the bad things; he does work his socks off, and i suppose he does get his fair share of assists, but my main problem with him is his head drops quicker than he can lift it again.

every time he looks like a player worth his weight in gold, he does one bad thing (mis-time a pass, mis-control, shoots off target etc.) he's gone for a good 10 games.

i don't really have a choice but to give him a chance do i? i don't pick the teams (lucky for him) so i have to grit my teeth and put up with it, but i have no expectations of him this season, and that just isn't very good.

otfgoon

Established Member
When Reyes was on fire in the start of the 04/05 season was he playing on the left or up-front? ~I think it was both but for me he showed what he can do in that patch, if he can find that form then he will be brilliant. Also to be fair to him he has been playing in a pretty poor side for the past year and a half so maybe next season we will see the best of him.

asajoseph

Established Member
Big fan of Reyes, as I'm sure everyone knows.

But I thought I'd point out - anyone who saw the Spain game last night would have seen just how important it is to have strikers who make direct runs at the goal, especially when you have players who can pass like Fabregas in the middle of the park. It's yet another reason that I'm not nearly as strong a believer in the salvific force of a move up front for Reyes - he's just not direct enough at goal, and with the midfield we'll have next year, we probably don't want him in that position, unless he starts doing things he's never really done before.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
pha2er, i know theres lotsa bad things about reyes games, but you are saying he is worst than luis garcia is the stupidest and biased things i have ever heard. you are like comparing ronaldinho is lousier than gera. (no offence to gera though)

yes he does wrong things, but he is only 22. he works so hard that we have to compliment him. and his diagonal balls to henry are just so fantastic than i dare say few will pass as well as him. he have a very superb left foot, good control and superb tenchinque/skills. definitely 20000000times better than that **** garcia

RockyRocastle

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
pha2er, i know theres lotsa bad things about reyes games, but you are saying he is worst than luis garcia is the stupidest and biased things i have ever heard. you are like comparing ronaldinho is lousier than gera. (no offence to gera though)

yes he does wrong things, but he is only 22. he works so hard that we have to compliment him. and his diagonal balls to henry are just so fantastic than i dare say few will pass as well as him. he have a very superb left foot, good control and superb tenchinque/skills. definitely 20000000times better than that c**t garcia

I dont rate Garcia and I dont rate Reyes either.

I wouldnt swap Reyes for Garcia, but in Garcia's defence he not only scores goals, but scores important goals in big games for Liverpool. Reyes simply does not do this or ever look like doing it.

otfgoon

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
arsenal_hleb said:

yes he does wrong things, but he is only 22. he works so hard that we have to compliment him. and his diagonal balls to henry are just so fantastic than i dare say few will pass as well as him. he have a very superb left foot, good control and superb tenchinque/skills. definitely 20000000times better than that c**t garcia

I wouldnt swap Reyes for Garcia, but in Garcia's defence he not only scores goals, but scores important goals in big games for Liverpool. Reyes simply does not do this or ever look like doing it.
I suppose the goal vs Man city only got us 4th place :roll:

He scored 13 in his first full season, last season Freddy and Pires found it hard to score so again you cant really blame him there for scoring only 6. And what is this obsession with Reyes and goals anyway?

asajoseph

Established Member
The point about Reyes and goals is that most here seem to think that if Reyes moves up front he'll suddenly become the next Maradonna - making the discussion about him not being good enough in front of goal quite relevant really...

Lukazan

Established Member
otfgoon said:
RockyRocastle said:
arsenal_hleb said:

I suppose the goal vs Man city only got us 4th place :roll:

He scored 13 in his first full season, last season Freddy and Pires found it hard to score so again you cant really blame him there for scoring only 6. And what is this obsession with Reyes and goals anyway?

I'm sure he is talking about the games like Man U, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Juventus etc etc. He had many opportunities against Real Madrid and quite frankly bottled them.

Savaloisav

Well the point i made is that, Sometimes he seems invisible, some games hes out of it completely, but when he plays well hes vital to the team
I agree with Jesters comment about him having alot of heart and a fantastic work rate because he does
I dont like it when he goes down too eaily when he can easily skip past the defender
i dont think Reyes is a striker, i think hes made for that left hand side, maybe even right hand side were he can cut inside. I hope he has a good season

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i know he drifts in and out of games. but mind you he is just 22. he is pacy, very skillful. his little flicks can be made more effective though. i think if he maintains his 04/05 early form, he would be world class by now. its just that he is not consistent enough but his potential is never undoubted

trishul92

Hello everyone, the reason why I think Reyes hasnt fufilled his 'full potential' is cause he isnt a ST, he is a natural LWM, iv seen some games of him when he played in Sevilla, and always played thier, so I think next seaosn he will replace Pires and will play there. He works very hard on the pitch, but he never gets creditied, so I hope he will get more of a opportunity to play a consistant number of games.

trishul92

Yes i am aware of that, but he didnt play as lwm pires did, and he played as lf or st i think he needs to play like e.g robben, to hug the touchline etc... :wink:

trishul92

really, well it was intreging to know that lol, but tbh i really think reyes is a lwm, and will supply even more assists, than he did this season, which was 18 btw.

Army of Me

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:

ok let's not get carried away... how am i biased towards garcia btw?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Behind the striker.

Until they signed someone else and moved him to the left where he apparently lost his ritmo de juego.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom