• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Reyes fulfill his potential?

Will Reyes fulfill his potential?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

otfgoon

Established Member
Rayes' best position is currenty occupied by some french bloke. If henry gets injured or needs a rest Reyes should be his replacement in my opinion. But he is more than capable of plaing on the left, as long as he does NOT hug the touchline and cuts in with the ball, hopefully Ashly will support him a lot more than Flamini and the 6 other left backs we played. Also needs to make more runs into the box, this is something that will come in time.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
pha2er said:
arsenal_hleb said:
pha2er, i know theres lotsa bad things about reyes games, but you are saying he is worst than luis garcia is the stupidest and biased things i have ever heard. you are like comparing ronaldinho is lousier than gera. (no offence to gera though)

yes he does wrong things, but he is only 22. he works so hard that we have to compliment him. and his diagonal balls to henry are just so fantastic than i dare say few will pass as well as him. he have a very superb left foot, good control and superb tenchinque/skills. definitely 20000000times better than that c**t garcia
ok let's not get carried away... how am i biased towards garcia btw?

i am saying you favour garcia and biased against reyes.

patrick42uk

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Behind the striker.

Until they signed someone else and moved him to the left where he apparently lost his ritmo de juego.

of course we'd all agree that left as arsenal means something completely different to left at sevilla.

jester

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Behind the striker.

Until they signed someone else and moved him to the left where he apparently lost his ritmo de juego.

of course we'd all agree that left as arsenal means something completely different to left at sevilla.

i thought he played central for sevilla. or at least his highlights indicated so

Army of Me

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
pha2er said:
arsenal_hleb said:
pha2er, i know theres lotsa bad things about reyes games, but you are saying he is worst than luis garcia is the stupidest and biased things i have ever heard. you are like comparing ronaldinho is lousier than gera. (no offence to gera though)

yes he does wrong things, but he is only 22. he works so hard that we have to compliment him. and his diagonal balls to henry are just so fantastic than i dare say few will pass as well as him. he have a very superb left foot, good control and superb tenchinque/skills. definitely 20000000times better than that c**t garcia
ok let's not get carried away... how am i biased towards garcia btw?

i am saying you favour garcia and biased against reyes.
and you're biased towards reyes, good job, we're all biased. fantastic.

™}}T£M0o$£{{™

arsenal_hleb said:
i know he drifts in and out of games. but mind you he is just 22. he is pacy, very skillful. his little flicks can be made more effective though. i think if he maintains his 04/05 early form, he would be world class by now. its just that he is not consistent enough but his potential is never undoubted
so is RvP(maybe a tiny bit more), cesc is 19 but you still think being 22 is an excuse for being a ghost 50% of the time.

otfgoon

Established Member
pha2er said:
what? you didn't, which is why i said you're biased towards Reyes.

hahaha this is comicle.

im pretty sure reyes played the mojority of his games on the left for Seville by the way.

fabtastic

this is a difficult one to say
maybe he will fulfill his potential if he is played in the right position, i want to say yes but im not sure
i really like reyes and i hope he does fulfill his potential!

™}}T£M0o$£{{™

fabtastic said:
this is a difficult one to say
maybe he will fulfill his potential if he is played in the right position, i want to say yes but im not sure
i really like reyes and i hope he does fulfill his potential!
SAY NO!!! :lol: i seem keen for him to do badly :eek:ops: i think he wont but ive had this discussion between pages 3-8

trishul92

To conclude about what I said about Reyes, he is a young talented prospect, and will grow into a world class player in the next few years, if utalized propaly at Arsenal.

Archero

RocktheCasbah said:
I think there's a post on this forum from a Sevilla fan that directly contradicts that point of view, tbh.

Buahahaha!! :lol:

Whenever I visit this site I find the same post with Reyes :shock:

*Has this forum a search option?, I'm trying to search some old post. I'm getting tired to answer every time the same ... :( *

To be short.

1) Reyes has allways been a second striker, playmaker, linker (or whatever you name the position between the midfield and the strikers)

2) Reyes played as a LM only his last "half-season" in Sevilla. In this six month his performance was poor to crap, very few excellents games and horrible the rest, just like is happening now in Arsenal.

He even become a sub and was whistled by his own supporters because of his poor gameplay.

3) I have my personal opinion about Reyes' bad performances at wide positions, but it's long to explain... (RTC translations... :wink: ).

Trainers likes changing players positions sometime it works sometime doesn't, there are lots of examples... Albert Luque (I think he is in Newcastle now) is a similar case, he was an outstanding striker but he was moved to the left when he was in Deportivo. He has never gotten to adapt to his new position and now his career is destroyed.

Gurgen

Established Member
Archero said:
Trainers likes changing players positions sometime it works sometime doesn't, there are lots of examples...

Some people don't want to accept that simply fact unfortunately.

Expect a lot of 'If he was really good he could adapt' and 'Pires adapted so why can't Reyes' posts.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Welcome back Archero , no need to look for it mate , it is probably THE most famous post in Arsenal-mania history , I think most of us know it back to front! :)

Should be known as the Reyes doctrine.

Savaloisav

Pires was alot older than Reyes when he came to Arsenal remember
Maybe you should look at someone like Henry who was nearer the same age and compare
it took Henry a while
Although Reyes it taking libertys now in my opinion
I wish he would get on with it and become consistent

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Savaloisav said:
I wish he would get on with it and become consistent

Yeah, because he's deliberately inconsistent isn't he?

:roll:

BTW, Archero, if you think you're tired trying to explain it, imagine having to translate and then point it out to people and then have them ignore you all the time. Even in this thread, some Arsenal fans seem to think Reyes was a full time left winger for Sevilla. But you have repeatedly stated that isn't the case... what can you do?

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom