• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Reyes fulfill his potential?

Will Reyes fulfill his potential?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Asmodeus'

celestis said:
Welcome back Archero , no need to look for it mate , it is probably THE most famous post in Arsenal-mania history , I think most of us know it back to front! :)

Should be known as the Reyes doctrine.

:D

I'd love to read that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Asmodeus' said:
celestis said:
Welcome back Archero , no need to look for it mate , it is probably THE most famous post in Arsenal-mania history , I think most of us know it back to front! :)

Should be known as the Reyes doctrine.

:D

I'd love to read that.

Wouldn't be hard to find , Archero does not post much at all.

Savaloisav

Were does it say hes deliberately incosistent
You know maybe you shouldnt start posting comment like your a big hard man
i made a comment which may be wrong
get over it mate
Im expressing my opinion of what i think about Reyes, and your clearly expressing your opinion but in a sarcastic knobhead way, sort it out mate
Global moderator hmm, you will probably go and delete my account now

kel varnsen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Savaloisav said:
I wish he would get on with it and become consistent

Yeah, because he's deliberately inconsistent isn't he?

:roll:

BTW, Archero, if you think you're tired trying to explain it, imagine having to translate and then point it out to people and then have them ignore you all the time. Even in this thread, some Arsenal fans seem to think Reyes was a full time left winger for Sevilla. But you have repeatedly stated that isn't the case... what can you do?

...but, don't you get it? reyes is quick, left footed and with a great close control, he has to be a left winger. even though he has barely played there in the past and the fact that he's been fairly ****e there most of the time as well. it just makes sense! :)

Savaloisav

Ive made that POINT somewhere else on Arsenal Mania, I dont think hes a striker and i think hes MADE FOR LEFT WING
I said hes incosistent
Some people should stop coming on here and getting hard-ons over other peoples comments decide to act all sarcastic

Savaloisav

RocktheCasbah said:
Savaloisav said:

BTW, Archero, if you think you're tired trying to explain it, imagine having to translate and then point it out to people and then have them ignore you all the time. Even in this thread, some Arsenal fans seem to think Reyes was a full time left winger for Sevilla. But you have repeatedly stated that isn't the case... what can you do?

hmmm comment above seems sarcastic and abit stupid really, go on, hard man maybe not, sad man, me thinks, so go on, say what you will, i dont care
I made my point
dont cry :cry:

MrHanson

Reyes is the most frustrating player to watch, his decision making is shocking most of the times. i do however admire his work rate and commitment to the cause but he still does not make the grade imo. we could do alot worse than sell him and try to recuperate some of the £17million or there abouts that we forked out.

ebhenry

i really dont know how or where this will end, and am not much of an analyst, but each time i see reyes play, i often feel he has enough potential to become arsenal's wayne rooney.
i dont know how that position will fit into our team game without affecting other players, but it seems to me that we will then have 3-4 players switching positions continously.
might be beautiful to watch, just dont know if it will click.
to be honest, reyes can be a world class player, we just need to reorganise the team a bit.
with the set up we have now, we may not go very far next season.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
This argument just goes round and round in circles all the time.

The only way we will get an answer to it is if Wenger decides to play Reyes in this 'playmaker' positon, but the question must be, if it is so blindingly obvious that Reyes is Perry Groves on the left and Maradona up front, why cant Wenger see this?

We watched him a lot of times at Seville, so surely Wenger knows that he played his best in Spain as a playmaker. None of our strikers set the world on fire last season, so what did Wenger have to lose in giving him a run of games there?

I dont know, if he doesnt shape himself next season he will find himself on the bench behind Rosicky/Freddie on the left and VP/Ade upfront, and then it will be adios Jose.

Archero

RocktheCasbah said:
Savaloisav said:

hahaha :D Keep the faith in the humanity.

Let's talk about his time in Arsenal only, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Almost everyone point that he is not adapted to Premier League. False.

When he arrived 2'5 years ago (I think he start playing as a striker) he was playing poor, everyone thought that he was in an adapting period of course, but the fact is he was already playing that poor in Seville.

In the end of that half-season, after spending his time playing as striker, he began to rise his gameplay and recover his lost form.

The next "pre-season" (I mean the period when players prepare the next season in summer) Henry was injured and Reyes played his second striker role all the summer. The result: the Charity Shield game.

In that game you saw the old good Reyes that played for Sevilla, of course ManU's defence was very soft that day but you still could see the way Reyes can play and ther reason you pay 17M for him.

In the start of that season he was played as a LM again, he start on form but he loses it as long as he stay there. The same story that had happened in Seville before, to think that he is adapting to PL has no sense cause he has already perform.

Archero

RockyRocastle said:
This argument just goes round and round in circles all the time.

The only way we will get an answer to it is if Wenger decides to play Reyes in this 'playmaker' positon, but the question must be, if it is so blindingly obvious that Reyes is Perry Groves on the left and Maradona up front, why cant Wenger see this?

We watched him a lot of times at Seville, so surely Wenger knows that he played his best in Spain as a playmaker. None of our strikers set the world on fire last season, so what did Wenger have to lose in giving him a run of games there?

I dont know, if he doesnt shape himself next season he will find himself on the bench behind Rosicky/Freddie on the left and VP/Ade upfront, and then it will be adios Jose.

I have heard that Rosicky is going to play as LM, is that true? Why?, Rosicky is a great playmaker (AM) as Reyes was, but he is going to play out of his position, why?

I think Wenger wants a creative midfield but only can offer the free role to one man, this man has to be Henry of course.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i hope wenger can try different formations in pre season to play his strongest squad. which i think is almost impossible given wenger is a strong believer in his 4-4-2

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Savaloisav said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Savaloisav said:

hmmm comment above seems sarcastic and abit stupid really, go on, hard man maybe not, sad man, me thinks, so go on, say what you will, i dont care
I made my point
dont cry :cry:

And your comment doesn't seem sarcastic and a little stupid to you? Consistency is a magic wand he can just wave and voila, is it?

Fair enough mate, it's a free world.

But bear this in mind for me please; you don't have to care about it, keep up with the abuse and I will be deleting your account.

Ok?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Savaloisav said:
go for it, i truly dont care
go on, delete my account no and i will truly be sad
boo hoo
what a shame :(

Grow up mate, I'm not here to delete your account, I'm just not here to take sh't for no reason.

Buhry

Established Member

Its good to have insightfull members like Archero on here, to enlighten people like savialoslav..
Reyes is a striker, always was, always will be. we should play him there during pre season, and continue to play him there once the season gets underway.

Savaloisav

im not here to argue with fellow gooners mate
i just didnt apreciate the sarcasm and maybe i should learn to be a bit thick skinned

otfgoon

Established Member
Savaloisav said:
im not here to argue with fellow gooners mate
i just didnt apreciate the sarcasm and maybe i should learn to be a bit thick skinned

Sarcasm is brilliant, its a great way to avoid swearing :)

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom