• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartandre217

Established Member
The biggest problem with transfers involving Portugese clubs is the prevalence of 3rd party ownership.

Put simply, Lisbon probably value his value in terms of sporting contribution, marketing value etc at £24m. Unfortunately for all involved, another group probably hold 20%-40% of his economic rights which means they have to tack on 5-15m to the price to make up for his loss.

Great for agents and the organizations bankrolling the transfer, terrible for the buying club.

Even more so if the buying club don't plan to sell or the league does not permit 3rd party ownership.

spartandre217

Established Member
Bump...

The Arsenal Horse
‏@thearsenalhorse
Carvalho is there if we want him. Waiting game for the MF spot though.

The Arsenal Horse
‏@thearsenalhorse
We are apparently looking at 'other targets' first before looking at Carvalho.

So we have 3 or 4 under consideration. We're really building a quality squad . :bounce :bounce

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we're looking higher than him it's gotta be someone we haven't even thought of yet. Someone top class who Arsène might think we can steal à la Özil. I'd wager Vidal or Martinez.

If you're fall back option is Carvalho that's not too bad at all. Buzzing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i really hope Arsène sign us a DM the DM signing will be as important as Sanchez signing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The horse appears to be wearing blinkers. He seems a bit confused of late. Come on horse.

Floating

Established Member
GDeep said:
There for the waiting... If we pay 35M.

O Jogo (the paper that reported the bid) said it was more about the structure of our bid than the actual fee. We wanted to pay 24m in 2 installments, while Sporting wanted it all upfront. Doesn't sound too hard to negotiate around if we do want him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Floating said:
GDeep said:

O Jogo (the paper that reported the bid) said it was more about the structure of our bid than the actual fee. We wanted to pay 24m in 2 installments, while Sporting wanted it all upfront. Doesn't sound too hard to negotiate around if we do want him.

Cool, last I heard there was apparently a 10M difference.

Floating

Established Member
GDeep said:
Floating said:
GDeep said:

Cool, last I heard there was apparently a 10M difference.

Here's the article mate: <a class="postlink" href="http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/full-story-on-arsenal-s-carvalho-bid-30m-could-actually-be-accept" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... -be-accept</a>

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we will have to wait for the DM signing and not lose our s**te quickly we still have 1 month to sort this out. Khedira is still an option he still not signed his new contract maybe in late of the window will change his mind and accept to low his wages demands.

Vibra

Established Member
Rex Banner said:
If we're looking higher than him it's gotta be someone we haven't even thought of yet. Someone top class who Arsène might think we can steal à la Özil. I'd wager Vidal or Martinez.

If you're fall back option is Carvalho that's not too bad at all. Buzzing.

Javi is coming home

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Dont worry, I think we can all sleep safely knowing we will end up with someone top drawer, even if Khedira isnt your cup of tea he is in that bracket of top quality and so are all the alternatives.

We are in the driving seat.

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
Wenger-GIF.gif

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Forget the month rule I'd rather we get all our business done quickly that way no panic buys and plenty of time for our new signings to Get settled in and used to playing with each other....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom