• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like Carvalho, but if you watch that video of him, you'll see an alarming number of times where the players he brushes off the ball don't put up a fight. That's because the Portuguese league is filled with Pires / Cazorla type players and that magnifies Carvalho's attributes to a far larger extent than we'd see in the premiership.

Not that he's no good - but winning 50/50's is much more difficult in the premiership and I feel at his age there is a huge risk investing 25 million that could be spent on a safer option that might have less potential, but we would have a much clearer picture as to how they would fair in the premiership as opposed to Carvalho.

Iceman10

Established Member
mavelous said:
every i time i log on i get the feeling that we're gonna sign another player. don't spoil me like that wengs.... oh too late, get it done, we still have a striker and a defender to buy, don't you know!!

:lol: This summer is mental in terms of the contrast with the last ~ 5 years or so. Fans who were patient deserve it.

arshy9

Established Member
Wrighty4eva said:
mavelous said:
we still have a striker and a defender to buy,
I think our striker is as good as signed in Sanchez, on the defender we are just waiting on the developments of the Vermaelen situation which i think will be sorted soon enough, so good to be spoilt after years of frustrating transfer windows :mrgreen: ...
I agree.

It could also explain why we're in for AM/LW types as Firimino and Costa to play and provide competition on the wings if AW doesn't think Campbell can make it.

blaze_of_glory

Loken said:
Let's not get too excited. A fair few people who have supposedly seen him in action more often than on an 24 minute YouTube highlight reel, have said that he's just as immobile as Arteta and is quite naive at times, let alone the fact he'd be making a massive jump up to Arsenal, playing a critical role in the team.

In the end, if Wenger and Bould agree that he's the best option, then they know best. But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves and say that Carvalho is the best option, we might even bring in anyone in that position yet.

To be fair, he looks pretty damn mobile in that video. But its true that youtube compilations can really make players look way better than they are. Im sure you could make an Arteta package from this past year that would make him look look unbeatable.

This guy does look like he has major potential though. Since we still have more experienced options in Arteta and Flmani, I can definitely see Wenger going for him. I think you make a good point about the jump though, he'd probably have to be eased in a lot more than if we got someone like Khedira.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Suave Gooner89 said:
I reckon he'd address our lack of steel:

b0d8f8a0bb637b5d46cbe3d4c5e5b2c6.gif

:wink:

:lol: That is one of the worse tackles I have ever seen .

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
It is illegal but it shows that hes not afraid to get stuck in (and he did win the ball technically) :p , surely thats not one of the "worst" tackles you've ever seen, Ive seen flamini fly in with some shockers this season that pale in comparison ....

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wrighty4eva said:
mavelous said:
we still have a striker and a defender to buy,
I think our striker is as good as signed in Sanchez, on the defender we are just waiting on the developments of the Vermaelen situation which i think will be sorted soon enough, so good to be spoilt after years of frustrating transfer windows :mrgreen: ...

God no. Sanchez is as much of a 'striker' as a player like Jovetic. He can play there but is essentially a roaming forward. There is an explicit need for a centre forward who can provide a combination of presence, movement and finishing. At the highest level its an art, and at Arsenal its still a role up for grabs.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wrighty4eva said:
It is illegal but it shows that hes not afraid to get stuck in (and he did win the ball technically) :p , surely thats not one of the "worst" tackles you've ever seen, Ive seen flamini fly in with some shockers this season that pale in comparison ....

It's technically crap is what I am saying . It doesn't even show me he that he's not afraid to get stuck in . Any chump can come in like that knowing it
's the other guy that is going to get damaged .

Anyways if Arsène likes him so be it .

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Anzac said:
Sorry - I don't see what's so wrong with it.
What laws does he break?

I agree Anzac, it may look reckless but he gets the ball as intended and he doesnt go in 2 footed, so what is wrong?

It reminds me of human skittles :lol:

GG8

I dont see what is wrong with it either. You might says his studs are showing but he isnt coming through the ball he is purposely putting his foot behind the ball to block the shot.

Think it was a superb tackle myself.

Brotherz

Studs are showing, going in at speed too, it is a dangerous tackle you can't deny it, it's the type of tackle that could seriously injure a player, but this is football.
He looks solid.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yep, studs were showing and it could easily have been very dangerous if he had made clearer contact with the opposition players' leg.

I'm not saying that should discourage us, but he shouldn't really be getting away with tackles like that.

Mudi

Don't want him here! The PL is for grabbing this year, yet we want an unexperienced and unproven kid for a very important position?

I would prefer to have Khedira even though he is more a B2B. Why?
- Much more experienced
- Already on his prime
- Proven player
- Leader on the pitch
- Less communication problems (Nobody in the squad speaks Portugese while Khedira can speak German, French and probably a little bit Spanish).
- Winner
- Played in a stronger competition + CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom