• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Gallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramy

Early today i said i had a feeling that we were gona sign galas and baptista

Yea!
We hav a solid line up now imo!

I love Pascal Cygan.

famous no 10 said:
How much did you seriously think Cole was worth then?

Best LB in the World apparently and it's not "next year" it's now. If you want to talk about next year, then gallas would be free, and he's 29.

The club asked for 25m, we get 5m and Gallas {if true}...and if those figures are right, then Chelsea got the better deal, when they gladly pay 25m for SWP etc...we've got screwed.

Do the math...

**** off you pissy ******.

I'm so delighted at this news, no one is going to ruin it for me.

**** off and cry into your pillow while the rest of us who live in the real world enjoy this good news.

Army of Me

Established Member
JazzG said:
Very simplistic views there mate. Arsenal did try and milk them for over £20mill but Chelsea were having none of it. They waited until the last minute as well and if it could happen it would of happened but they were hell bent of screwing us as well! Usually Chelsea want the player so eventually pay a big amount but with Arsenal it was a lot more personal and paying over £20mill would of been hugely embarrassing on a personal level for them so they weren't gonna fall for it. This transfer was a lot more complex then were thing as the people from both clubs hate each other and would rather not do dealings
yea, i agree i did break it down to it's very basic level, but i wasn't criticising wenger, dein or anyone at arsenal for how this transfer concluded, i was merely commenting that because of who we were dealing with we really deserved a lot more.

'tis all.

AFCFan4Ever

What a day...

Baptista, Gallas, and Denilson (don't underestimate this signing, another whiz kid).

Needless to say, I'm more than happy.

The Armoury

if we really got 15 mill and gallas as legend says, couldnt we use that to try n tempt lahm here now chelski are out of the picture to sign him

Gort

JazzG said:
Some people just don't ever stop moaning, we get rid of a right c**t and sign possibly the best defender in this league and they moan! Ok we didn't get a bargain but these same people moan at Wenger as they think he is too tight with his money so many deals don't happen due to this!

I've never blamed Wenger for being "too tight" (search if you like... I've tended to keep out of the discussions on that sort of thing), feeling that he had a plan to bring the youngsters into the game. I was, to some degree, OK with that, seeing it as a long term project. Sure, I would have liked signings, but I wouldn't have had a moan at Wenger if we didn't. Heck, Wenger has brought us to places that I, thirty-five ago, wouldn't have thought we'd get to.

However, despite what you say about getting Gallas and losing that "c**t", which I myself am happy about, what I'm not happy with is that we've allowed Chelsea to basically roger us. Sure, you might say that it doesn't matter and we've got Gallas and got rid of a traitorous player, which is all well and good, but if this deal is true, then we've lost some dignity and pride. Sorry, I would rather we kept Cole on than surrender to those terms. Too much pride must be old fashioned, I suppose.

Still, I really believe that the five million isn't the end of the story and hope that Legend is right.

*Edited to make it that we've only lost some pride... I went too far.

el jefe

No, I know. It's gotta be Denilson Perreira Neves or whoever Ramon was always going on about. That could be a huge signing....assuming of course that Ramon has a clue.

Army of Me

Established Member
el jefe said:
No, I know. It's gotta be Denilson Perreira Neves or whoever Ramon was always going on about. That could be a huge signing....assuming of course that Ramon has a clue.
*cough*Football Manager*cough* *ahem*

JazzG

Established Member
Cole isn't worth a penny more than £15mill mate, everyone knows that and we were trying to shaft Chelsea with our £25mill price tag. Gallas would of been worth around £7mill even in his final year so we should of got around £8mill but only £5mill. I had heard Milan were willing to pay £6mill but Chelsea weren't even interested in listening to any offer for him, they were that determined to force him to stay and sign on. They now are a top quality CB short so if one of their CBs gets injured they got some next pillock playing there.

Sure we could of kept Cole but then we would of lost him for peanuts a year later. He was gonna end up at Chelsea, be it now or next season so we got the best we could out of them.

JMT

good sinings. if only gallas was 25 =(... next year sign baptista and sell reyes, and then get a goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom