• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilson Palacios

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8_Wright

Will people please put the Quaresma talk to rest...We are not going to sign this guy,

1) Wenger won't pay his value
2) He wants to give his squad a chance, Quaresma would mean someone immediately being dropped.
3) If we had a bid accepted (I'm sorry to say this but) bigger clubs will come in and get him. We are not as an attractive club for big names after Henry's departure.

Quaresma is quality there is no doubting it but we won't see him in an Arsenal jersey for some time if ever.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
actually right now, i would agree with roca. any signing that is a winger will do it for me.

i have a feeling we are going to sign 2 players on the deadline right at the dot

jay-d

Established Member
Would this dude even qualify for a work permit? He's Honduran FFS and he's probably to old for the special talent loop hole.

beepos

celestis said:
He might be for Salamanca.

Doubt it, because hes not really a teenager, and I think (but can't be sure) that all our loanees to Salamanca have to be young players.

Does anyone one know how many caps he's had in the past 2 years? If he's got 75% caps, which may be possible, then there are no work permit issues.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
same here i mean come on its his dad saying this ffs...hell look like the biggest eel to make that up
this rumour seems to have backbone and from what i seen of him on 'youtube' (as i never knew him) he remind me of baptista regarding his strength and powerful finishing but seems more agile and faster
if bought, join the gang but we need a left foot midfielder of some sort
wenger said we missed the pace of reyes down the flanks but then surely a winger must be in sights

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't think there is anyway we can get him in , even on a special permit. Does he have a relative in Europe?
I'd say if he came he is heading straight to Salamanca.

Paddy from Sweden

Maybe Palacios have played 75% of Honduras competitive matches in the last two years thus qualifying for a work permit. We'll have to wait and see but I find it stranger let a 23 year old player out on loan.

EDIT:

Found a thing that might be a block in applying for a WP:

Q: Do the rules apply to any nation?

A: No, to be considered good enough to play in the UK player's team must feature in the top 70 in Fifa's international rankings.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/s ... its/649352

But Honduras is at 63 so... :lol:

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranki ... 159&page=2

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Arsenal_Soldier said:
This was posted in the lobby, apprently his father saying he's done very well and already had a medical, make of it what you will

http://www.tiempo.hn/mostrar_noticia.ph ... &seccion=6

Reports in the Honduran press stated that Palacios had gone missing during August 2007, and one article quoted his father as stating that he was actually in London, in a trial period with Premier League club Arsenal.[1]

wikipedia :D

a very smart move if true, he is perhaps a little too old to e considerd a talent so Wenger gets him on trial

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Look these names:

Hleb from Belarus (71)
George Weah from Liberia (now ranked 121st)
Jari Litmannen from Finland (new ranked 41)
Gudjohsson from Iceland (109)

So how good is this Palacios from Honduras (63)?

entropy13

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Look these names:

Hleb from Belarus (71)
George Weah from Liberia (now ranked 121st)
Jari Litmannen from Finland (new ranked 41)
Gudjohsson from Iceland (109)

So how good is this Palacios from Honduras (63)?

Better than Gudjohnsen then.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
he won't go straight into our team, or even the sub bench if he comes.

we still need one more player!

Paddy from Sweden

One thing to have in mind is that Inter Milan's David Suazo is from Honduras so they do produce some quality players. Even if he's one of the biggest diver's in Serie A. :roll:

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
well since henry left i instantly said to myself anelka is the man if we want to win europe as well as the prem, our strikers are good but no way is their shooting accuracy deadly yet..right now pires is saying hes the best french attacker in europe, so surely being at a top team for him is a must
we want someone like anelka with a good conversion rate, one chance , one goal type of player for stifled matches like these(rovers tomorow) no matter what, hes always on point and is ready to lay the killer pounce at any period, our current strikers dont..the jury is still out on them
ratboy is proven in europe and you can really feel his hunger and if we want to dominate europe we need an experienced striker and i cant see any right now that can easily intergrate into our system like him
yes i have faith in the team no doubt but surely if wenger was to get him, theyll all feel slightly relieved as he will ease a lot of pressure, they sure wouldnt be peed off being on the bench if anelka was playing thats for sure and he for me is a super class player!
many people are in glee that hes rotting over at the pig trotters and he damm he will rot more if he goes over to the ' hammers' but for me this year is about straight business and im willing to have anyone on our team thats got their game face and personal issues aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom