• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

World Cup with 48 teams in 2026

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The WC final will be held in Met Life stadium while the US national team will not play a game on the east coast of the country unless they get out of group stages which even that's not clear. I haven't looked that far ahead yet but that seems absolutely absurd for a country which has a well known east coast media bias in our sports. More eyes, more coverage, etc. I was hoping to catch one of our games too. Damn.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The WC final will be held in Met Life stadium while the US national team will not play a game on the east coast of the country unless they get out of group stages which even that's not clear. I haven't looked that far ahead yet but that seems absolutely absurd for a country which has a well known east coast media bias in our sports. More eyes, more coverage, etc. I was hoping to catch one of our games too. Damn.

Decent enough name.

I was afraid the final would be held in the "Guy Fieri Out of Bounds Donkey Sauce Stadium".

On top of the competition's quality being diluted being by virtue of adding a further 16 teams, that would've been a step too far :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

This stadium situation may actually be worse than Arlington's :lol:

Why the dour looking Met Life when SoFi is sitting there just begging for a grand occasion like the World Cup Final?!!

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

At the end of the day, NYC is the most important American city.

Aside from the phenomenal food, not a fan.

My brother got lost in the City on a family vacation back in 1995. Thankfully, people were a lot decent back in the 90's and he was found by great cops who managed to get a hold of us.

Then there was the time, on the same trip mind you, that I managed to lose track of all my family in Disney World.

In spite of my people's storied maritime history, we can't navigate on land for sh*t :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

I’m sure they’ll have free transport ferrying people from main points to other main points.
shaq-shaquill-oneal.gif

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Isn’t Levi’s Stadium in the Bay Area similar? Weird that they got to host games too.

I'm not sure how bad it is to navigate to and from that stadium. I haven't heard much about it. What I've heard is that the stadium in general is a generic building/field. All I really know is that they built the damn thing nearly 2 hours away in a completely different major city while keeping the team named San Francisco 49'ers. Lol

levis.png

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

The biggest travesty is the final not being played in a storied stadium like the Azteca but one in a state that's well known for folktales about a crew of Italian American waste management executives.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom