• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohan Cabaye

• Thread starter KY
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,056
  • Views 151,756

marv3llous

Price is indeed a problem. They got him for £4.3m last summer, an absolute bargain. Doubt they would settle for less than £15m now and as much as i hate to say it, this most likely puts us out of the race. Although seemingly we were willing to include a buy-out clause close to these figures in Sahins loan deal.

The Escaped Ape

Like everyone else has said, he'd be a great buy, but I can't see Newcastle selling him, unless for a highly inflated price (which we wouldn't pay).

Giroud

Established Member
I think we would need to push £20m to sign Cabaye, he is absolutely vital to their team and they would certainly struggle to replace him so close to the end of the window. As iced22 said, he was one of the driving forces behind Newcastle's season.

Anzac

Established Member
There should have been some major questions asked as to how the f*ck NUFC were able to secure these players last season when we are supposedly a French team & are soooo bloody dependant on the French system & network for players FFS!!!

MDGoonah41

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKkBx39Wg2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKkBx39Wg2k</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWTu7euqJQw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWTu7euqJQw</a>

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Anzac said:
There should have been some major questions asked as to how the f*ck NUFC were able to secure these players last season when we are supposedly a French team & are soooo bloody dependant on the French system & network for players FFS!!!

Because Wenger was scouting the German and Spanish leagues!

Anzac

Established Member
arsenalfan4ever said:
Anzac said:

Because Wenger was scouting the German and Spanish leagues!

Where's the TIC or smilie wink,
because that's simply no excuse when we are linked to half a dozen French players EVERY year.

You'd think someone would have taken some notice with all the other players we've been linked to,
and IIRC that's how we signed someone in the past - we were at a game to see a different player when someone else caught the eye & was later bought???

H*ll for that matter I know nothing about these guys other than what I read around the traps (don't usually look at the youtube stuff unless it's to see who we've signed),
but even I had bought Cabaye in FM for AFC BEFORE he went to NUFC (B2B role in place of Song - usually signed one of Cabaye, Asamoah, Vidal or Balotti). :wink:

Gunner_JT

Quality player, Alonso-like imo. Would welcome him although not sure he's the player to replace Song.

ibby

Established Member
I would do disgusting things to have him at Arsenal. Would never happen in a million years, Mike Ashley would want too much, we would want to pay too little.

Absolutely fabulous player though. Just imagine Arteta and Cabaye together in midfield. I'd swallow.

Vela

Established Member
I would love Cabaye at Arsenal he's the type of midfielder who can do everything - tackle, pass, create, score etc.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Cabaye here would be amazing. But Newcastle would never sell him. And Wenger said it before buying from the league is too expensive.

Not to mention you will be dealing with Alan Pardew

Mudi

Cabaye is a great player but why would we want him?

Cabaye's play style is almost the same as Arteta's. Why would we need 2 deeplying midfielders?

We need a box-to-box midfielder who will defend, but will also be in the box of the opponent. We can rather spend that money on Dembele, Fellaini or Witsel!!!

Clarkey

All we can really hope for is that Ashley follows the spirit of our board (after copying our transfer policy) and decides that any offer we make is too much to refuse when he can top up on a couple of cheap additions buys from France.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Getting that late in the window one of the top performers of another Premier League side who haven't finished that far below us last season, is a pretty tough task if you ask me.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
This would make me very happy. I'd pay 15m for him without question but i think Newcastle would ask for more. He'd be perfect for us.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom