• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your first game at Highbury

Viper

Established Member
First game at Highbury was when Arsenal beat Man United 3-1. I think this was in 2000 or 2001. Can't remember.

My first game was back in oo 97/98ish when i was around 9 years old.
Me and my dad were in the North Bank watching the arse beat Villa 2-1 or 3-2, i cant remember exactly, but i remember singing 'ian wright wright wright' and weirdly the only scorer i remember was dwight yorke...hmm anyway it was brilliant.
I used to only go to a game every other season because i was younger and my dad could never get tickets, but now were red members and have been to like 4 or 5 games this season, but its still not enough!
I am grateful for all the time i have spent within highburys walls, but shes like a drug!

Davor

My only Highbury game was against Fulham, we won 4-1, I think.
Henry scored that goal where it came back off the post and hit him on the shins. And van Bronkhurst did his cruciate.
It was also really cold.

linno

Arsenal v Ipswich, my Grandad took me, must have been the 94/95 season. Merson and an Ian Wright hat trick, what a great way to start things off!

rich300

I lost my Highbury virginity in September 2002, a month after my 18th Birthday.

We lost 2-1 to Auxerre, but it was Pires' comeback match. I remember the Auxerre fans being very loud, but the biggest cheer of the night was when Bobby got off the bench to warm up.

Kanu scored our goal.

richie123

first game i saw at highbury was against Shakta Donestk in the champions league in 2001 i think. We won 3-2, Keown with the winner 8)

andyswafc

bluenaz said:
int x = 0;
etc...

That's what i remember from program coding and computer s**t.

Back on topic, i've never been to Highbury because i live all the way across the world, but i'm sure i will get a chance to go to the new stadium in the next couple of years.

Where you from?

Tony Montana

Established Member
America, that's where he's from. Why does the letter 'U' change to 'you'? Mods, you're mucking this up. All because you don't want us to Write Man you. :roll:

phonics

any word with u should be ****ed now.

my first purchase when I move back to England will be a membership.

rich300

Tony Montana said:
America, that's where he's from. Why does the letter 'you' change to 'you'? Mods, you're mucking this up. All because you don't want us to Write Man you. :roll:

Probably because of text language rules.

RC8

Established Member
My first game was this year against portsmouth. We traveled all the way from Venezuela to watch the game.

4-0! Amazing first match.

I Hope I get to go to Emirates Stadium soon

James

Established Member
Arsenal 3-0 Crystal Palace

Think it was 1992.

Dickov, Campbell and Wrighty all scored, sat in the West Lower.

Eastrek

My first game was 94/95 and we lost 1v0 at home to West Ham. Don Hutchison. I sat in the clock end, but i never sat in there again.

famous no 10

Established Member
Arsenal v 'boro 1975-76 season, we won 2-1, don't remember who scored but i think brian kidd got one and alan ball played...we were a bit crap for a couple of seasons...my next game was 1-0 against sheffield united, liam brady scored but the crowd was only 14,000, lowest we had since the 1960's.

Amazing to think as a kid i got excited about them at all really.

Asterix

Established Member
4-1 win v Luton in March or April 1983. Woodcock scored - can't remember the others. Sat high in the East Stand - still got the ticket somewhere.

Only other time was also v Luton in December 1986 - won 3-0.

OzGoon

Haven't replied before, but couldn't help but reminisce about that wonderful day. Only been to one match, and what a first, and last, match to see at Highbury. December 26 2001, Arsenal Chelsea. The tickets cost a fortune, the seats were right up the back, we were one down at half time, but nothing like singing 2-1 to the Arsenal on the way back...

Chips&CurrySauce

Arsenal V Liverpool.. It was the first game of the season, I can't remember the year, it may have been 1986.. I was still a kid and my cousin took me, we were standing in the North Bank terraces.. I was still a little nipper and I have to admit I could see **** all, and because it was still August it was boiling hot and the north bank was packed.. There were times, especially when there were surges,that I was quite scared..

Anyway we lost 2-1, Steve Nicol scored the winner in the last minute..

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom