• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your opponent of choice

mistaz23

I have this gut feeling that were going to get Juve. Its really strange but im pretty confident that its going to happen. :roll:

However I would like to see Villareal, Benfica or Ajax if they win

Rahul

I would prefer the easiest opposition possible in the quarters.This is only the third time we have reached here and psycologically it will be tough to play as we havnt gone passed the quarters before.

so id say villareal or benefica in the quarters
Juve and barca in the semis and finals in whatever order they come [thats of course if we go through]

Gurgen

Established Member
Milan will most likely destroy us, or underestimate us like Liverpool and Deportivo. Probably the latter.

Barca's defence is average at best but their midfield and attack is much better than ours. Still I think we have a shot at them.

Juve are good but will underestimate us, and it's not that we haven't beaten them before. Their players have been pretty lazy lately and far from impressive vs. Bremen.

All the others I think we should be able to beat. It's not all doom and gloom if you ask me.

Rohit

Established Member
If i am not wrong then the draw upto the finals is decided is'nt it ???

If it is so then there would be nothing better than having Juve,Barca,Milan and Inter ( i reckon they ll beat Ajax at home ) in one half and Lyon,Benfica,Villareal and us in the other half.

It ll be a dream come true if Arsenal were to reach the finals,although it will be amazing if we were to beat another top team and reach the final in style.

But i d rather have Lyon,Villareal and Benfica in our half just cause i reckon we have a better chance of beating any of those three teams than our chances against the big guns.

Mostarac

Established Member
gstew said:
Maybe I am watching the wrong games, but I think that Inter has the players to compete at the top. I am not a Cambiasso fan, but he is consistently good every time I see him play. I don't know what happened to Cristiano Zanetti's career....it isn't salvageable?
Javier Zanetti seems to be the exact same excellent player he was 10 years ago. Of course there will be a drop off, I just haven't seen any evidence of it yet. Stankovic is a top talent in his prime and Walter Samuel is still a very good defender. But what gives me the greatest confidence in their future is their strike force. I don't think that there will be a better combination of strikers over the next 3-5 years than Adriano and Martins. I think that this season was just an aberration and that next year will be their break out season. All they need is a player like Veron and Guardiola once were, or Riquelme currently is (or Cesc is going to be). The last thing they need is to bring Ronaldo back. What a disaster that would be!! But a true playmaker would unleash the talent they have in attack.

Cambiasso is going to be sold this summer, Mancini has indicated that fact himself, that says it all about how disappointing Cambiasso has been. Cristiano Zanetti has demised like nobody else, and is just playing for Inter right now because of the money. He is sure to be sold aswell. No matter how good players like Javier Zanetti, Samuel and Stankovic are, three players is not enough to win the Lo Scudetto. Veron is going to River Plate this summer, and they will have to bring in a replacement(even though they have the excellent David Pizarro who is just as good as Veron but Mancini is too stupid to see this). I disagree about their strike-force, especially since the over-rated Adriano could be on his way out this summer. Adriano has not scored in 13 matches, and if he continues like this, he is surely going to be sold. Do not forget that Inter have a history of giving up on decisive lead(points) in the fight over Lo Scudetto, and have always been regarded as under-achievers. As I see it, Inter do not have a chance in the near future when it comes to the Serie A. Inter need to get a new manager in order to develop further, Mancini wants to play exciting football, but he is no real tactician and is quite naive as a manager for a top-club.

Henry IV

There's some unfinished business with Benfica from the 1991/92 European Cup. There are no easy games, obviously, but in order of preference I would have - Benfica, Villareal, Ajax/Inter, Lyon, Juventus, Barcelona, AC Milan.

Cuprum

USArsenal said:
i dont care what anyone says, i would prefer to go as far as possible.. Villareal, Benfica would be my first choices... Inter or Lyon would be next... Juve/AC Milan/Barca would be last
my thoughts

non flying dutchman

I think with all the attacking teams left in the competition we'll be okay to face any of the teams except Milan or Juve.

I'd rather face barca than either of them two, as barca still aren't convincing defensively, and our defence seems to be getting better game by game, and with sol and cole to come back it will only get stronger.

My ideal choice though would be benfica, how they've knocked out liverpool and man utd is beyond me.

ebhenry

villareal would be fine, although i want us to be extra motivated for juve. avoid lyon and barca for now pleeeaasseeee!!!! lets get to the semi final

kanooo

Benfica for me.

Ajax would not be bad (if they managed to get past Inter).

But we just cannot underestimate anyone. We shouldn't cry, really, if we even get Barcelona or Milan. ...

daniel

I would like to see Lyon... That would be an interesting and hard game. But if we get Benfica I won't mind...
Just hope we don't get Milan...

famous no 10

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I want Barca, I really do.

I'd love to see Thierry and Ronaldinho go head-to-head, it'd be a fantastic spectacle, and I do think that we are strong in the right areas to beat them...

I do too.

Seeing a match like that at Highbury in our final season there would be something else, and I think we'd have a chance at home at least.

f4evo

villareal - dont mind, no special reason to play or not play
juventus - would be great to watch cesc dominate vieira
ajax - nice to see bergkamp say one final goodbye in the amsterdam arena and also watch the reaction towards van persie scoring ;)
inter - show why they are so overrated
ac milan - painfully boring
lyon - dont mind, i just want to beat them cos they're doing so good
benfica - just to get some revenge for english teams (although im grateful for beating them beating manure,)
barca - let's save them up for the final, would rather beat them and win the cup than have someone else beat them

Gunner4life09

Benfica, Lyon, Ajax or Villareal.

Don't get me wrong, they are great sides. If they werent they wouldnt be in the quarters but out of the likes or barca and ... i think it'll be safer to get one of theses sides firts. give us a little breather.

Semi's - BRING ON JUVE

Finals - barca vs. arsenal .... ohhh ... what a final that would be.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom