• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your opponent of choice

gunnerGH

Established Member
At this stage of the competition you cannot be picky.

To win the Champions league you have to beat the best teams in europe.

Liverpool beat Chelsea, Juventus and Milan believe it or not.

Whatever comes in front of us we have to beat no matter what!

Henry IV

Having Henry and Ronaldinho going head-to-head would be a magnificent spectacle for the final. That being said if we do reach the final (and it's a monumental if) I think we're fated to meet Juventus. We would be reunited with Vieira and wouldn't it be oh so wonderful if we won the ECL without him and against him, after getting so much sticking for selling him?

f4evo

Mostarac said:
f4evo said:
ac milan - painfully boring

Reading that comment made it clear that you do not watch Milan play too often, do you?

well ok maybe not boring, but their style of play pisses me off as do most italian teams

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
They should have made it clear already which team who faces which, this is killing me and probably other fans. Make it clear in the first draw
1/8
1vs2 3vs4 5vs6 7vs8 9vs10 11vs12 13vs14 15vs16

1/4
1vs4 5vs7 10vs11 14vs16
semi
4vs5 10vs16
final 5vs10

one draw at the begining like in the WC or Euro C

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
lets wish for the least best team villareal, lyon, Benfica or Ajax

Milan and Juve solid hard teams

inter mixes highs and lows

Barca lets see them in the finals what a great day for football that would be

Mostarac

Established Member
f4evo said:
well ok maybe not boring, but their style of play pisses me off as do most italian teams

How can one of the most exciting(when it comes to attacking) teams in Europe make you angry? Milan have always been known for their beautiful attacking-football. Your generalisation of the way Italian clubs play, is a bit strange. People can say the same thing about Premier League now with boring teams like Liverpool and Chelsea. Apart from Juventus and Inter under Cuper, most Italian teams play entertaining football. Watch some more Italian football, and I will promise you that you will be surprised(positively) about the quality.

kent_gunner

Gunnergregharrison said:
At this stage of the competition you cannot be picky.

To win the Champions league you have to beat the best teams in europe.

Liverpool beat Chelsea, Juventus and Milan believe it or not.

Whatever comes in front of us we have to beat no matter what!

Exactly... But i would like Barcalona

f4evo

Mostarac said:
f4evo said:

How can one of the most exciting(when it comes to attacking) teams in Europe make you angry? Milan have always been known for their beautiful attacking-football. Your generalisation of the way Italian clubs play, is a bit strange. People can say the same thing about Premier League now with boring teams like Liverpool and Chelsea. Apart from Juventus and Inter under Cuper, most Italian teams play entertaining football. Watch some more Italian football, and I will promise you that you will be surprised(positively) about the quality.

i agree ac milan are one of the more attacking teams in Italy but I dont think they would have the same approach as barca or arsenal

rudeshanx

i would have preferred lyon but the whole world will love to see vieira back at highbury.and when that happens they usually have their way.so dont be surprised if he comes lets just make the best out of our season.getting past this stage at least will be a good parting gift for highbury.dont u think so.

jester

Established Member
i read on another forum that the record number of clean sheets in one champions league season is 7, and so far we already have 6. how good is that considering our problems.
surely we could break the record.. not jinxing it! it'd be a shame to beat it and not win the trophy.

same old arsenal, breaking records (maybe)

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Arsenal vs Ajax
Villareal vs Benifica

The would be the best draw we could get.

Winners of Arsenal and Ajax play Winners of Villareal and Benifca

The we are in the finals!!!!!!!!

Mostarac

Established Member
jester said:
i read on another forum that the record number of clean sheets in one champions league season is 7, and so far we already have 6.

I think that Milan are in posession of that record(7 matches without conceding) right now.

Mostarac

Established Member
f4evo said:
but I dont think they would have the same approach as barca or arsenal

Maybe, maybe not. But Milan were excellent offensively last night against Bayern, and that fantastic attacking football Milan showed in the 1st half against Liverpool in the final, is one of the best offensive displays I have ever seen. When Milan are in-form, they play some of the most beautiful football in the world, just as Barcelona and Arsenal at their best.

Lance

After a lots of thoughts, i think this is what will happen.

Trust me on this, I think we will play Benfica in the next, if we win, then Juve is after, and Barca in the finals.

The reasons being:

defeating Benfica means we are better then Man Utd and Liverpool
defeating Juve means we don't miss Vieira, and thankyou Vieira for your service at arsenal for the past years
defeating Barca means we are better, ao there will be no reasons for Henry and hopefully Fabregas to move to Barca.

Octavio - gunner

I'm tempted to say I don't care, we have to beat anyone to be champions... but like Henry said, we have to go step by step, so I think it would be less dificult (none is easy) if we face Villarreal, Benfica, Ajax/inter or Lyon... for the semis, we'll see when we're there.
We have the players, the coach, the fans and the attitude to be champions!! so bring 'em on whoever it is!!!!!

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom