• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good signing, doesn’t get me off my seat like Jesus because I feel we need someone who can step in for Partey.

Neves or Bissouma would be very very good choices for us imo.

Why the **** are we extending Elneny?
The only reason is Bissouma won't be coming here to be 4th choice. We'll be likely looking to replace Xhaka and maybe Partey depending on his fitness next season so that's why we give Elneny extension to be the emergency 5th choice

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Both should be technically gifted enough to operate from both sides, but yeah both are predominantly right sided (or at least play there for their teams). Can see ESR being introduced to this role too. Not sure he has the legs for wing play. We'll see..

Esr is more a forward than midfielder at this point for me. Doesn't really get involved in build up, he gets it and is really direct. Think there's potentially for him to play a F9 type role down the road.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Would instantly be our best cm (not saying much as best CM all season was Eleneny who started the last half dozen matches of the season says it all).

Sign both him and Neves. Sell Xhaka off.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
"Granit Xhaka is a liability"

Well well well.....

8FFd6qk.png

4 pens conceded in one season!? MF only started 29 games aswell.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
"Granit Xhaka is a liability"

Well well well.....

8FFd6qk.png

4 pens conceded in one season!? MF only started 29 games aswell.
Thats bad! Ødegaard conceded couple of unnecessary pens this season as well. Imagine those 2 playing together as 8s...

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The only reason is Bissouma won't be coming here to be 4th choice. We'll be likely looking to replace Xhaka and maybe Partey depending on his fitness next season so that's why we give Elneny extension to be the emergency 5th choice

I don’t think he’d be fourth choice, he’d easily get enough games with Partey’s injury history, along with starting along side him and Europa I could see him joining.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thats bad! Ødegaard conceded couple of unnecessary pens this season as well. Imagine those 2 playing together as 8s...
Maybe they just not need to tackle inside box unnecessary the Ødegaard penalties he conceded was silly not under any pressure at all to do that.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Doesn't he play mostly on the right half space (which Ødegaard mostly occupies now) though?
He's two footed apparently. It's surprising how many of the players we're linked with are, considering it's a fairly rare trait. Seems like it's something that Arteta is deliberately targeting.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We should sign Tielemans as an alternative to Ødegaard. We still need another physical midfielder alongside Partey. Sangare/Bissouma/Sanches/Kamara/Camara/Doucoure
Would instantly be our best cm (not saying much as best CM all season was Eleneny who started the last half dozen matches of the season says it all).

Sign both him and Neves. Sell Xhaka off.
Nah, I like Neves but we need a physical specimen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom