• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Tielemans

Pros

25-30 million.
Leicester need to sell.
He wants to come.
Premier League proven
Plays left 8, right 8 and 6 in a double pivot
Banging shot
Plays forward consistently
Recovers the ball well
Tenacious
Leadership skills
Can escape pressure
Can step past a man
Has a good passing range
Can use weaker foot

Cons

Not good in the air
Lacks recovery pace
Unable to drive over long distances
Isn't as press resistant as we may like
Can't really rotate into wide areas
Not the best dribbler
Lacks physical power
Currently Plays in a counter attacking system

Paqueta

Pros

Brazilian
Currently on low wages
Can play left 8, right 8, 10, rw, lw and false 9
Tall and strong
Running power and tenacity
Can compete in the air
Skillfull and press resistant
Able to drive and carry
Able to recover
Looks to pass forward and hurt the opposition
Able to drift into wide areas and dribble
Goals and assists
Statistically outrageous

Cons

Plays for Lyon which means you deal with Aulas
Another lefty
Turns the ball over, high risk high reward
Not Premier league proven
Failed at Milan
Puts up the same numbers as Tielemans in a weaker league, can he transfer it?
More offensive minded than Tielemans.
Can't fall into a double pivot as a 6.

I'd add Paqueta has significant better defensive stats compared to Tielemans. He presses far more intensely with more pace. So I think in theory you could play him in a double pivot because of his defensive workrate every bit as much as you could play Tielemans. Also I'm not sure he failed at Milan. Most Milan fans were sad to see him go.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Other than finding it easier fitting in due to the Portuguese speaking contingent, I cannot see why being Brazilian is top of the pile for the list of pros.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Can he play AM? Where are the Leicester fans when you need them.
All I'm seeing is videos of him playing deep behind the ball just like Xhaka, Partey, Sambi and Elneny. Do we need another like that?
Tielemans is able to play as AM, played there from time to time at RSCA. But his best is as an 8 to dictate the match.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I don't want any more players who are second best physically to our opponents.

If Paqueta is powerful as well as skillful and technical bring him the **** in.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't want any more players who are second best physically to our opponents.

If Paqueta is powerful as well as skillful and technical bring him the **** in.
What if they are smarter than their opponents.

I harp back to it but David Silva had the body of a 10 year old. But he was a genius because he was smarter.

We need a mix of physical and intelligent footballers.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
What if they are smarter than their opponents.

I harp back to it but David Silva had the body of a 10 year old. But he was a genius because he was smarter.

We need a mix of physical and intelligent footballers.
They need to be Cesc/B. Silva/D. Silva smart and technical.

Is Tielemans?

ash_rasul

Can he play AM? Where are the Leicester fans when you need them.
All I'm seeing is videos of him playing deep behind the ball just like Xhaka, Partey, Sambi and Elneny. Do we need another like that?
I think there is a reason why we have expressed interest but not acted on it. He is clearly an option, but there are more exciting, more versatile options out there that can potentially push the needle further for us.

There is a good chance Tielemans is more of a last-ditch option that will be fairly safe (PL proven available for a reasonable price) for late in the window if none of the others end up materialising.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I don't know but I think his next move will show that. And at 25m I'd rather us take the chance than someone else.
Yes, happy to take a chance on him. We just need a CM urgently because let's face it Zinny will be our starting left back with Tierney a crock and Nuno going out on loan.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Still don't particularly want him: not much to shout about physically; lacks Xhaka's passing consistency; lacks defensively imo. How much do the club want him?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Orny

Tielemans it's almost certain that he won't sign new contract.

All Arsenal key figures recommend Tielemans.

Orny feel departure needed for us to buy Tielemans.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We seriously need to get Torreira and AMN we won't buy Tielemans as long they here because we aren't sure they'll going to leave if teams don't pay 20m combined for them

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

When it gets out that a player is basically waiting for a particular club to make a bid, it almost never happens.
Rodgers has said that if no bid comes, Tielemans will stay and leave for free.

Basically either Arsenal is waiting to see how other squad building goes and the price goes down.

Or Tielemans is waiting for UCL teams. Or leaves for free next year and gets basically to choose where to go with big money.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have a feeling we'll pick him up towards the end of the window for peanuts. We have all of the power here.

He wouldn't be a bona-fide starter so I think the club can afford to bide there time a bit.

Xhaka (Vieira)---Ødegaard (Youri) may be the pecking order initially if we sign YT. Expect Vieira to be a star though and eventually break into the 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom