• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The problem is Tielemans available at very good price and he quality player. the other players like Neves will cost double what Tielemans will cost us. so i don't know i just hope we don't repeat last season mistakes and leave this area short there europe and there is world cup where Xhaka and Partey are going to play in so we could be screwed in 2nd half of season.
Yeah but we would need to be unlucky that Partey and Xhaka were injured and out at the same time. You can't stock pile midfielders just incase just like other clubs can't.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but we would need to be unlucky that Partey and Xhaka were injured and out at the same time. You can't stock pile midfielders just incase just like other clubs can't.
it's standard to have 5 midfielders at club if the club see Fabio and Lisandro as number 8 and number 6 option then i understand still the squad number is short.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Wouldn't be too miffed if we miss out on Tielemans at this point. If we can get him, fair enough, as he's a talented player on his day, but a lot of the appeal for me was in the reported price.

I wanted us to get Bissouma to complement someone like Tielemans (a player who can add more physicality/defensive ability alongside a technician/creator). Now that we've brought in Vieira (although I expect he'll need time to adapt), I'd rather someone who can cover for Partey and add some steel to the middle of the park (hoping that player isn't Elneny).

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
it's standard to have 5 midfielders at club if the club see Fabio and Lisandro as number 8 and number 6 option then i understand still the squad number is short.
Elneny/Lokonga/Xhaka/Partey/Oedgaard or Vieira. I won't class both as midfielders but at least some time one could cover 8. While the quality may not be there the numbers are.

Xhaka-Partey first choice in league.
Elneny-Lokonga EL.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What if Tielemans is this year’s Maddison? I find it hard he would accept a contract extension to stay one more year when he can get a bossman next year. Anyways whether we get Tielemans or not is not necessarily an issue, the issue is not signing anyone of his quality or more. Our left-hand side needs someone who can operate between the lines, and while I like Vieira, I’m not ready to throw him in the deep end just yet.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Think the Ornstein Tielemans line was fed by the club and the sky reporters is Leicester returning fire. This seems like posturing to me. Can’t see us pushing for an additional winger, but not solving the 8 issue. A bit of faith and patience required.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

...Youri on Ice, couldn't handle the smoke to be honest.
feck this guy, honestly we wont get top 4 again with him starting.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if not us he'll sign with other team. he ain't staying at Leicester he rejected a new contract many times.

i think today was bit tactic from Leicester for us to hurry up because they'll need to replace him soon.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

if not us he'll sign with other team. he ain't staying at Leicester he rejected a new contract many times.

i think today was bit tactic from Leicester for us to hurry up because they'll need to replace him soon.

Ornsteins info came from Arsenal.

Gunners1616

Man if we miss out on both Tielemans and Bissouma...

Two strong and established PL midfielfers entering their prime with no apdatation time needed whatsover. Ready from day 1.

Both on their last contract year and for barely 25M£. No way...

Last edited:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My hunch is that we might be playing it risky waiting for someone like Fabian Ruiz in the same way we waited for Ødegaard last summer. The difference in quality you get between Ruiz and Teielemans for the same price ... you can hardly blame them had we made the CL but its a risky strategy if they keep holding out.

The way the Tielemans deal has dragged out just screams backup option to me.

Legend14

Established Member
It sounds like a small detail but the number of times he touches the ball with his weak foot is something we sorely lack. It allows him to receive the ball and pass it in one move, which accelerates our passing significantly. The switch of play and ability to pivot is also something we haven’t had in that position since Santi left.
I like that he doesn’t just sit there, he gets in the box to give us an extra man. Good player, wouldn’t mind have him instead of Xhaka since he brings something different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom