• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If there is going to be any change this season and any forward planning then we need to buy a cb. What is the point in having Kolasinac if we are going to play him as a centre back.

Buying a starting centre back means that we won't be forced to play players out of position and would mean cover for the whole season. Say we bought VVD.

First choice: Mustafi-VVD-Kos
Second choice: Holding-Mert-Monreal

Those 6 can interchange and still form a defence that is competent with everyone in their correct positions. Monreal would never have to play centre of the three, and Kolasinac would never have to play center back.

So you are agreeing with me then!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yeah it's a risk I suppose but surely there won't be that many more games where both are missing.

Fwiw I do expect Chambers to be a very solid deputy if he stays. Think he's been written off a bit quick on here.

I like Chambers and want him to stay but its the same with Holding, I only want to see either one of them playing with experienced CB's, not like it was vs Leicester.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully we get that confirmation soon. The squad is bigger than it was last season with Chambers and Wilshere returning, plus we've signed two players. We realistically need to bin three more to have the same size of squad we had last season which was still to big. Well actually if you include Martinez then two more out to have the same size squad.

Much more work to be done!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Chambers and Holding have played 1 game together and let 4 goals at home go in. Get rid, both are bobbins.

Furious

Bit harsh on Holding, I think he hasn't lost a game he's played in.And against Leicester the whole defence was a shambles.

Liverpool game, where we let 4 goals in. We lost that. But since, maybe.

Both are rubbish athletes, and remind so much of each other. Same with Bielik, he's clumsy as well.

1 of them is already too much, but 3 of these is unacceptable.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not worried, their max potential is WBA. Southampton if we're stretching it.
Southampton were 7th and WBA 10th...we were 5th..the difference was our Goals For column, not the Goals Against column.

I'd say a Southamptop/WBA level defender is good enough to play for AFC if he shows enough promise.

Both are rubbish athletes, and remind so much of each other. Same with Bielik, he's clumsy as well.

1 of them is already too much, but 3 of these is unacceptable
We let in 3 against Leciester. you cannot dismiss a player as a failure due to a few bad performances.

Furious

Southampton were 7th and WBA 10th...we were 5th..the difference was our Goals For column, not the Goals Against column.

I'd say a Southamptop/WBA level defender is good enough to play for AFC if he shows enough promise.

We let in 3 against Leciester. you cannot dismiss a player as a failure due to a few bad performances.

We want to be 1st. Not 5th.

I don't, win or lose, I've never been a fan of his.

JHusMan

1 of them is already too much, but 3 of these is unacceptable.

All 3 of them will never be good enough in a 2 at the back formation which is what was used for Liverpool. But it doesn't help when they had Coqueneny in front of them 'protecting'. I think Holding will improve in a back 3 and he's good as a 5th option for now. Bielik is only 19 so very harsh to judge considering he's not really played with first team players yet.

Furious

Don't know if you're actually being serious but that was Holding's first ever league game for us. And Chambers has had a decent season of PL football under his belt since.

Didn't look any better last term either. Was our poorest player vs the two games vs Chelsea as well.

Either way, neither is good enough for us, and will most likely never be. Dunno why we're wasting time on them.

Hope we get rid at least of 1 of them, and sign another guy because our CB options are truly abysmal and nowhere near league title worthy.

1CK1S

tenor.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn't look any better last term either. Was our poorest player vs the two games vs Chelsea as well.

Either way, neither is good enough for us, and will most likely never be. Dunno why we're wasting time on them.

Hope we get rid at least of 1 of them, and sign another guy because our CB options are truly abysmal and nowhere near league title worthy.

Holding was quality in the Cup final imo, also they both have a lot of positives. Holding especially has made a lot of good tackles that come from his positioning.

Either way I don't see the rush to bin two very young players who have been more promising than concerning.

Furious

Holding was quality in the Cup final imo, also they both have a lot of positives. Holding especially has made a lot of good tackles that come from his positioning.

Either way I don't see the rush to bin two very young players who have been more promising than concerning.

If we don't have to rely on them then they can stay and play u23 for all I care, but the problem is that we're now going to see one of these two **** royally up because that is what young players do, especially ones that aren't good enough in the first place.

karl

I like Gabriel, but always looks like he has fragile confidence since the sending off incident with Costa. He lost all his edge at that point and was likely told to calm down. Probably good to move on if we can get someone else in.

moloso

No issue letting him go as long as we get a top player in to replace.

Holding/Mert shouldn't be any more than 4th/5th choice at best - one of them already has a job as our academy director

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom