• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Confused by the reaction on here...we've sold one of our more experienced CB's and are now relying even more on kids than we were before.

Ageing Koscielny, Mertesacker that had admitted he struggles for motivation, erratic Mustafi and LB Monreal. Those are our senior CB's. Poor.

Makes you wonder if Wenger and the club are actually serious about winning the PL.
That's absolute bollocks and you know it. That was something he said 3 years ago in reference to the transition from the World Cup to the new season. To quote:

"'Personally it is difficult at the moment because that was really a long season last year and to come back from that World Cup and get the motivation back... I am nearly back, but you can feel there is something missing at the moment,"

That wasn't very inspiring to hear for us fans then but it has nothing to do with anything now. He talked about it as a short term issue, and there is no doubt in my mind he is here to finish his final season strongly.

Also, talking about Gabriel as one of our more experienced centerbacks is meaningless. He isn't playing, and there is no way he's using that experience to help others because he can barely even communicate with anyone. At worse, this is a sideways move; Chambers is less experienced but has shown more talent and is better suited to Wengerball. Besides him, Monreal has been very good at LWB, Kosc is great when fit, Mert's deficiencies are covered well in our new formation, Mustafi is coming in with one PL season under his belt now, Holding and Chambers have had more experiences to learn from, Kolasinac has shown to be an option if worst comes to worst... I'm not too fussed about bringing in anyone else.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That's absolute bollocks and you know it. That was something he said 3 years ago in reference to the transition from the World Cup to the new season. To quote:

"'Personally it is difficult at the moment because that was really a long season last year and to come back from that World Cup and get the motivation back... I am nearly back, but you can feel there is something missing at the moment,"

That wasn't very inspiring to hear for us fans then but it has nothing to do with anything now. He talked about it as a short term issue, and there is no doubt in my mind he is here to finish his final season strongly.

Also, talking about Gabriel as one of our more experienced centerbacks is meaningless. He isn't playing, and there is no way he's using that experience to help others because he can barely even communicate with anyone. At worse, this is a sideways move; Chambers is less experienced but has shown more talent and is better suited to Wengerball. Besides him, Monreal has been very good at LWB, Kosc is great when fit, Mert's defisciencies are covered well in our new formation, Mustafi is coming in with one PL season under his belt now, Holding and Chambers have had more experiences to learn from, Kolasinac has shown to be an option if worst comes to worst... I'm not too fussed about bringing in anyone else.
How is it absolute bollocks if you just provided quotes where he said it?:lol:

Reactions: BBF

Aevi

Hale End FC
How is it absolute bollocks if you just provided quotes where he said it?:lol:
You know that's not what I mean :rolleyes:

You used that quote in a list of reasons why our CB situation is in the sh*tter, and I'm saying that it isn't relevant. But of course you'll just ignore the context of what I've said and stick a laughing emoji are the end to act like I've made some ridiculous mistake.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You know that's not what I mean :rolleyes:

You used that quote in a list of reasons why our CB situation is in the sh*tter, and I'm saying that it isn't relevant. But of course you'll just ignore the context of what I've said and stick a laughing emoji to act like I've made some ridiculous mistake.
Did Mertesacker admit that he's struggled for motivation or not? It's a simple yes or no answer.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Did Mertesacker admit that he's struggled for motivation or not? It's a simple yes or no answer.
Can't complain about the forum if you come out with drivel like this. Do you really need to act daft instead of giving me a constructive reply? You implied that Per is a liability today because he said he had a motivation issue 3 years ago, the context of which says it was short term and caused by the World Cup that summer. Care to expand? Maybe refute that with a fact or some logic? Instead you give a 5-year old's response. Cool.

If you have a problem with the forum in it's current state, that's fine. I do too actually. But don't follow up with the same sh*t.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Can't complain about the forum if you come out with drivel like this. Do you really need to act daft instead of giving me a constructive reply? You implied that Per is a liability today because he said he had a motivation issue 3 years ago, the context of which says it was short term and caused by the World Cup that summer. Care to expand? Maybe refute that with a fact or some logic? Instead you give a 5-year old's response. Cool.

If you have a problem with the forum in it's current state, that's fine. I do too actually. But don't follow up with the same sh*t.
Why are you so rude?

This started with you being unnecessarily rude (absolute bollocks and know it) a yet you expect me to be the epitome of forum decency in my replies to you? Lead by example man.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I read about Firmino getting his teeth done when he joined Liverpool. Apparently, most South Americans get it included in their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom