• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tales from the RAWK side

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Watching us since the Arsenal game has been a chore, the defending is atrocious, the attack is blunt, players get played in the wrong positions. Its going to be another one of those seasons for us.
So, title challenge over in October? Sounds about par.
Well reality has bit some because we're certainly not title challengers after that
**** me we are behind a burnley and tied with Watford on points.
Drug:
Oxlade Chamberlain is having about as much impact as Markovic

Lovren and Ox are both awful, anyone saying otherwise is delusional or the most patient supporters we have
Ox chamberlain

Looks even worse than recently with Arsenal
How bad has Ox been in training to not get ahead of Gini.
I don't why we bought chamberlain
What's been bugging my about Chamberlain is that, not only is he a limited player, but every time he's come on as a sub, he looks lazier and more tired than the players who started and have been running all game. I noticed that from the game away to City and he hasn't changed a bit. Awful cameo for him today, and missed yet another sitter.
Makes you wonder what the point of 40 million on Chamberlain if he can't improve that midfield.
There was NO point. Literally home grown quota is the reason I think we signed him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
*sighs*

Just look at the stupid situations in which we've dropped points in recent time. I'll make it easy for by suggesting you go and take a look at my recent post in the 'Premier League 2017/18: We Go Again' thread where I go over some of the results.

There is no conspiracy. In fact there are posters here who have a far more measured attitude towards the Wenger situation than I and we get along just fine.

@Özil'sCloakOfInvisibility is right, you're the one responsible for how people treat you.
Of course theirs no conspiracy, just a few frustrated guys who can't post to Wenger direct, so are looking for the next best thing . . . someone who looks like they might be defending him. They'll do. :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
Of course theirs no conspiracy, just a few frustrated guys who can't post to Wenger direct, so are looking for the next best thing . . . someone who looks like they might be defending him. They'll do. :lol:

You're not wrong.

It's symptomatic of the fact that the club is completely divorced from both its fan-base and reality. As a consequence, the fans sit arguing with one another over things they have absolutely no control over.

The thing is, these posters genuinely expected to be title contenders. No understanding of how football works these days. :lol: Klopp is still a good manager.
#squadcost

Not that easy.

Klopp inherited a disappointing squad. He also arrived at a club whose standing had fallen considerably, having only qualified for the CL once in about 5 or 6 years. Left them struggling to attract the players capable of helping them out.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You're not wrong.

It's symptomatic of the fact that the club is completely divorced from both its fan-base and reality. As a consequence, the fans sit arguing with one another over things they have absolutely no control over.

Not that easy.

Klopp inherited a disappointing squad. He also arrived at a club whose standing had fallen considerably, having only qualified for the CL once in about 5 or 6 years. Left them struggling to attract the players capable of helping them out.
So you say. But those excuses will run out for Klopp over the next couple of years.

It doesn't matter how good the manager is, the same pattern gets played out in most football teams . . . new manager comes in, fans expectations are raised, manager gets a pass for a year or two, fans then get more and more frustrated, manager is eventually sacked or leaves.

-There are too many things that are out of a manager's control, which makes him appear to make mistakes.
-Manager cycling rarely improves a clubs chances of winning long term
-Where managers have bucked the trend, it's usually down to luck and they soon get found out, like Ranieri for example
-No manager of a poorer club can make a sustained win over money.

These are the truths of football that history has shown to be true. Most of the managers in the top half of the EPL are very good managers and all these forum discussions about 'I would have done this' and 'I would have done that, the clueless idiot' are just p*ssing in the wind.

Most of the posters on here wouldn't last 2 weeks in a job that Wenger has lasted 21 years. It's just a shame that respect takes second place to bragging.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Who created that expectation?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
The club. But what are they expected to say, 'We have a new manager, but he still doesn't have much chance of winning the league.'

The truth is not what people want to hear :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The club. But what are they expected to say, 'We have a new manager, but he still doesn't have much chance of winning the league.'

The truth is not what people want to hear :lol:
No but they also don't have to claim they are going to win the league. There is an in between. Do Everton claim they're going to win the league every year? No they don't. If you claim to compete with the best and you do not then you can't complain about being compared to the best. Our club have not just spoken about competing with the best, they have intentionally reiterated this stance every single year for more than 5 years now.... You're seriously clutching at straws now. There's a host of things that could have been said that do not build up that amount of pressure and expectation..... 16 other clubs in this league are doing that just fine... There is a reason the media hound us for our lack of success... Our club keep bragging about being able to achieve it and fail to deliver.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
So you say. But those excuses will run out for Klopp over the next couple of years.

It doesn't matter how good the manager is, the same pattern gets played out in most football teams . . . new manager comes in, fans expectations are raised, manager gets a pass for a year or two, fans then get more and more frustrated, manager is eventually sacked or leaves.

-There are too many things that are out of a manager's control, which makes him appear to make mistakes.
-Manager cycling rarely improves a clubs chances of winning long term
-Where managers have bucked the trend, it's usually down to luck and they soon get found out, like Ranieri for example
-No manager of a poorer club can make a sustained win over money.

These are the truths of football that history has shown to be true. Most of the managers in the top half of the EPL are very good managers and all these forum discussions about 'I would have done this' and 'I would have done that, the clueless idiot' are just p*ssing in the wind.

Most of the posters on here wouldn't last 2 weeks in a job that Wenger has lasted 21 years. It's just a shame that respect takes second place to bragging.
2 weeks? 2 days bro, 2 days!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Klopp should have signed Gibbs & Gabriel before Ox.
yeah, really. Ox was foolish, IMO, for leaving Arsenal. He'd just started to make an impression, now he has to try and do it all over again. He's very talented but seems to have issues with confidence - Klopp will have to manage him well to build up his confidence as there seems to be very little love for him from the Liverpool faithful right now. Put in a few stinkers at Anfield and his Liverpool career could be over before it's even started.

BobP

Memri Fan

Here we go

:rolleyes:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

If he knuckles down for the RM/RW feel he has a chance but he is pissing away time chasing the CM dream... + joined a club with top wide players. Guy is an idiot.

Feel like he's fighting a losing battle even for RM with the competition he has. If he didn't have the ego he could be a consistently great player for Chelsea for seasons to come at RWB.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom