• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 17/18 - Matchday 18

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
You're right but I wouldn't get too caught up on the actual term "favour". A WBA win/draw would be good for City as well but you wouldn't class them as needing help or a favour as such. Your rivals dropping points is a positive thing in any context.

But other than last season, we have taken advantage of so called favours from other teams to finish above the likes of Sp**s and Liverpool in recent years.
I guess I'm a beaten man all I can remember is glorious failure when it really mattered in the league (ok we had some decent finishes to pip teams that we should have been pipping anyway to OUR 4th place trophy). FA Cups aside!!

Reactions: A_G

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
I'll hold my hands up. I expected Salah to be a no end product winger based on the times I saw him for Roma. 20 goals already.

Gooner_Delhi

I will be honest, I am scared.. I foresee a thrashing at home by pool.

Our defence is shambles at the moment and the Liverpool frontline will run ragged.

Worst would be if ox actually manages to score against us!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I will be honest, I am scared.. I foresee a thrashing at home by pool.

Our defence is shambles at the moment and the Liverpool frontline will run ragged.

Worst would be if ox actually manages to score against us!

We all are.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ah right, yes, to answer your impeccable question: I don't have the figures to hand, but we can all agree transfer fees have inflated massively in recent years. Have this City spent more in relative terms than other teams previously?

What's more, what's the right amount of money to spend, in moral terms, to win the league and not be accused of buying the title? Do you have to spend as little as Leicester did? What's the right figure?

Even if City have spent more in actual and in relative terms than anyone else ever has before, you still have to outline an argument for why that mitigates their achievements on the pitch, which you haven't done.
The simple answer is nobody has ever spent that much.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not if you take care of your own business which we often fail to do.

If we're saying that we need them to do us a favour to stay in the top 4 then maybe we should have taken care of business at either Southampton or West Ham....

or Watford or Stoke or............

We've lived as Arsenal fans in recent times hoping some other team does us a favour in pursuit of whatever goals we're trying to achieve. The underlying fact is that whenever our own fate has been in our own hands we've managed to fluff our lines thus we end up needing someone to do us a favour.
@hydrofluoric acid's point seems valid. Unless you go on an invincibles run or a Man C run, you're position in the league will always be dependent on the results of others.

And certainly teams below the rich 3 in terms of spend, even more so. I think he's right.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
@hydrofluoric acid's point seems valid. Unless you go on an invincibles run or a Man C run, you're position in the league will always be dependent on the results of others.

And certainly teams below the rich 3 in terms of spend, even more so. I think he's right.

Of course he has a valid point but to think we had our very own chance to shave 3pts off UTD.s lead on us & we did what we have so often done when and imploded.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Of course he has a valid point but to think we had our very own chance to shave 3pts off UTD.s lead on us & we did what we have so often done when and imploded.

Usually both I guess, you need to handle business yourself and have to expect the worst from the rivals but hopefully they will get upsets. Doesn't look like it's happening this season though lol.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom