• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

Come on. We had a huge thread on Mbappe during the summer window. People were genuinely thinking that Mbappe was going to join us in spite of interest from teams like Real Madrid and Bayern. Mahrez wish is much better than that.

That's because we were actually talking to him, and allegedly sent bids.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Would you prefer him or Lemar?

I have no clue how good Lemar can be. Just from the snippets I've seen he could be a quality player for us but he'd have to develop just to get to the level of Mahrez. Who knows if he'd ever get there?

Would rather Mahrez because I feel he would give us the most significant boost on our right side which has been a weakness of ours for a while now.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I can’t see our owners letting him go for less than what VVD went for.
The Countinho deal has made sure of that, bearing in mind Mahrez over the last three seasons has a better assist and goal scoring record than Countinho and Hazard.
People only value him at £40m because it’s Leicester.

Makes sense.

al-Ustaadh

Mahrez's contract doesn't end until 2020, so unless somebody is willing to pay around 75 million for him, then it wont happen. I'm sure somebody will buy him in the summer though.

infinium

I have no clue how good Lemar can be. Just from the snippets I've seen he could be a quality player for us but he'd have to develop just to get to the level of Mahrez. Who knows if he'd ever get there?

Would rather Mahrez because I feel he would give us the most significant boost on our right side which has been a weakness of ours for a while now.
Doubt it'd work for him on our right. The problem is Bellerin. I don't think Wenger liked a very attack minded player (Walcott) being on the same flank as a very attack minded RB (Bellerin). People blame the formation change for Walcott's diminished role at the club but I think it started sooner with the emergence of Bellerin. It will be interesting to see if Wenger buys into a Mahrez-Bellerin flank. Mahrez ain't exactly well known for his off the ball and defensive work.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Agreed. Problem is our left flank might be about to become a lot weaker too.

Mudi

If we buy Mahrez now to replace Sanchez ...

In the summer:
Value of Mahrez between £40m and £50m
Value of Sanchez between £50m and £60m

Six months later
Value of Mahrez between >£70m
Value of Sanchez between £20m

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

I would go for both, you even can play 433 with Xhaka, Ramsey or Wilshare and Lemar. Özil Left and Mahrez at right wing. Much better that what we have actually

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Signing both Lemar and Mahrez really would be a statement of intent and the pick me up that the fans need. Unfortunately Arsenal being Arsenal at moment we would be lucky to get one of them.
Yeah I agree. We could even play 433 that way cuz Lemar can play in 3 mid

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
anybody who advocates for Mahrez is either drunk, high or just stupid

one good season really

too weak, little bit of a diva, doesn't hustle

al-Ustaadh

No footballer wants to live in Manchester or Liverpool. We clearly have the advantage in London when it purely comes to that. Makes me wonder what Alexis himself is thinking.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I still would really like him here but if we're getting Malcom, would they be able to play together? Malcom I think really depends on his RW spot, because he used to play LW and became much better when he switched. He can cut inside to shoot now and feels more at ease to drift centrally, where he can be dangerous. Mahrez seems to also play predominantly at RW. I can't see it working, at least not at the best that it could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom