• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's really not hard to understand. AMN wants to make the England squad for the Euros but he's worried he won't get enough game time at Arsenal. He hasn't received the assurances over playing time that he's looking for, at least not yet.

It's very hard to understand. AMN has started many games this season and this year he has started in the most important ones.

A manager can't just go out and tell a few players they have a starting spot locked down no matter what.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
With three years on his deal, hype building in the media & breaking into the England team just feels a really odd time to sell.

Also feels an odd time to join Wolves. Who knows the level of club in for him next summer... You can always join a Wolves.

My issue with all of this is that there was no need to bring in Cedric on a 4 year deal if it meant that AMN would be leaving.

We could have brought in Cedric on loan then just ditched him in the summer that would have allowed AMN and Bellerin to battle it out.

That Cedric and Mari deal are so mysterious, they make no sense at all. We are stuck with 8 center backs now and right back that nobody wanted.

Wonder how much Kia got in his pockets for buttplugging us like that.

With three years on his deal, hype building in the media & breaking into the England team just feels a really odd time to sell.

Also feels an odd time to join Wolves. Who knows the level of club in for him next summer... You can always join a Wolves.

Wait is AMN on 3 years deal and we are letting him bully us into selling him to team for only 25 M?

Vinai??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think AMN is the better footballer and he would have provided us with a lot more than Bellerin plus there are no concerns over his injury record as he’s been pretty much fit over the past few seasons.

Also, Utd have managed to keep hold of both De Gea and Henderson. We need to start aspiring to become a top club as they don’t do these sorts of things.

Let me take Bayern as an example would they sell an academy product that they rated to raise funds? No way. They would do all they can to convince them to stay.

Bayern wouldnt do that because they've never come 8th in the Bundesliga and always pushed hard in the champions league.

If we went with your mentality, which I completely get by the way, I do get where you're coming from. But if we do go with your mentality we will end up falling further behind.

My opinion is we should be selling Martinez for 20M any day of the week because we've got Leno.

My opinion also is there's no point keeping Bellerin and AMN. One needs to go.

Potentially £85M from three academy products that will never even be world class is insane.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It makes me wonder whether one of the top clubs have tapped him up similar to Gnabry.

I think if he has a solid performance at the Euros then I can see him replacing Kyle Walker at Man City imo.

City sign him for 50m and Wolves make a 25m profit.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It's another Gnabry situation, the club don't want to sell but the player thinks it might be best for his career to move on.

Leagues apart in terms of talent between AMN and Gnabry.

One of AMN or Bellerín needs to go to generate funds. They are two different RBs with different strengths and weaknesses but in the end it's much of muchness.

People are so dramatic about AMN and turn him into something he's really not on this forum. If we do the things we should to build as a club no one is going to give two ****s about AMN in a couple years. He's a decent first division RB. End of. We're not even talking about someone who has the potential to be a complete, top-class RB like Tomas Tavares or Yan Couto or Sergiño Dest. He's Aaron Wan Bissaka with perhaps a slight bit more potential on the ball. There's a lot of hysterics going on here.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We’re relying on Bellerin who has had serious injury problems over the past few seasons

According to Transfermarkt he hasn't been injured since 14th January 2020. Before that he was out ~280 days of the earlier year.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It’s clear Wolves have the money. They spent £35m on an 18 year old so give us minimum £30m or piss off

They initially offered £15m for AMN, yet straight away bought that 18 yr old with just 12 senior appearances for £35m. This perfectly illustrates what other clubs think of our ability to get decent fees for our players.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
I would have approached this determining which of the two to sell and focusing negotiations with that player. In this case it is almost as if both are out there to help loosen the market a bit. Have never seen this before. Arteta has goodwill for now, will see how it pans out, but I know which of the two I would have looked to sell, and not just a matter of either at the right price.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bayern wouldnt do that because they've never come 8th in the Bundesliga and always pushed hard in the champions league.

If we went with your mentality, which I completely get by the way, I do get where you're coming from. But if we do go with your mentality we will end up falling further behind.

You have to look at these elite clubs to aspire to become one of them otherwise we’ll be stuck midtable.

I’ll give you another example when Bayern were lowballing Chelsea and tapping up Hudson-Odoi did Chelsea cave in? No, they held their ground and got him to sign a new deal.

The prime example of teams making mistakes with academy products is City, look at what happened with Jadon Sancho. I’m sure they’re regretting not giving him the opportunities he deserved at the time but I guess they’ve learnt from their mistake and offered Foden a first team role since then.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Fabio Silva is a massive prospect who was interesting all of the top clubs. £35m for him only happens in a covid market. It's an extremely intelligent buy by Wolves and they'll likely at least double their investment on him. It's also the only way Wolves gets talent of that quality, by buying them at that age.

Silva is worth at least twice what AMN is. Again, people are really losing perspective here.

I like AMN, and I love our academy, but there is a hysterical reaction to his level, losing all perspective of the rest of the world of talent.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Thats kind of the point. AWB went for nearly 50m on the back of around 40 games for Palace.

Before covid. Also to Utd and arguably an overpay. Pre-covid I would want 40-50m for AMN though, yeah.

One difference: Raul Sanllehi

Again, why is everyone ignoring the worldwide pandemic which has impacted football massively and completely changed the financial landscape?

The big difference here is covid, not Raúl. We got exactly the type of fee we should be getting for Iwobi and that is one of the few cases of us selling at the right moment. It was, aside from Martinelli, the best business we did last summer. That fee wouldn't be realistic for Iwobi in this market, we'd probably end up keeping him.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

According to Transfermarkt he hasn't been injured since 14th January 2020. Before that he was out ~280 days of the earlier year.

:lol:

Are you serious with these stats? You do realise we’ve had a pandemic and the players have had enough time to rest and recuperate since January 2020.

Give it a rest bro. I’m aware that Bellerin has had injury problems over the past two seasons.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Before covid. Also to Utd and arguably an overpay. Pre-covid I would want 40-50m for AMN though, yeah.
Our targets seem no cheaper because of COVID.

I get we have to take a hit moving players we no longer need or on big wages but AMN has a long deal + racked up 2000+ first team minutes for us three seasons on the bounce.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You have to look at these elite clubs to aspire to become one of them otherwise we’ll be stuck midtable.

I’ll give you another example when Bayern were lowballing Chelsea and tapping up Hudson-Odoi did Chelsea cave in? No, they held their ground and got him to sign a new deal.

The prime example of teams making mistakes with academy products is City, look at what happened with Jadon Sancho. I’m sure they’re regretting not giving him the opportunities he deserved at the time but I guess they’ve learnt from their mistake and offered Foden a first team role since then.

You've just mentioned something in particular which backs my point.

Chelsea put CHO on stupid wages to keep him. They had to keep him at the time.

But look now, despite him being a talent and such they've gone and signed CL level players. The difference is chelsea can afford to keep someone like him on a huge contract because they're rolling in cash. Now nobody will look to sign him because his wage is ridiculous.

We simply can't afford to keep Ainsley especially if he isnt happy with his role. If Wolves give us £30M for example. That is enough to secure Aouar or Partey. It could be the difference between getting one or getting both.

For speculation sake, what improves us more...

Bellerin, Aouar, Partey
Or...
Bellerin, AMN, Aouar/Partey

The other question we have to ask ourselves is will Ainsley leaving make a huge impact on our performances, will it lose us games? Will it stop us from winning games. The answer is no.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Our targets seem no cheaper because of COVID.

Partey not because he's got his release clause (though without that he wouldn't even be a transfer possibility), but Aouar certainly, he's 23 and a major young midfield talent that has been tracked by all the top clubs for years, he's someone who I would've expected to have gone for £75-100m in the pre-covid market, not 50m.

Same with Gabriel, 30m euros for a promising young CB who already has performed at a high level in Ligue 1? Pre-covid that's not happening.

say yes

forum master baiter
Feel like 45m for Martinez and AMN isn’t great but then again neither is a guaranteed starter and that should be enough to enable us to buy Partey or Aouar.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
You've just mentioned something in particular which backs my point.

Chelsea put CHO on stupid wages to keep him. They had to keep him at the time.

But look now, despite him being a talent and such they've gone and signed CL level players. The difference is chelsea can afford to keep someone like him on a huge contract because they're rolling in cash. Now nobody will look to sign him because his wage is ridiculous.

We simply can't afford to keep Ainsley especially if he isnt happy with his role. If Wolves give us £30M for example. That is enough to secure Aouar or Partey. It could be the difference between getting one or getting both.

For speculation sake, what improves us more...

Bellerin, Aouar, Partey
Or...
Bellerin, AMN, Aouar/Partey

The other question we have to ask ourselves is will Ainsley leaving make a huge impact on our performances, will it lose us games? Will it stop us from winning games. The answer is no.
There's been some games recently Ainsley has helped us win. Kept a few decent players quieter than they normally are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom