• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Most here are judging our players based on the last two games we played. Have you forgotten the fact that these were nothing players pre-covid.

AMN vs Villa, Emi vs Liverpool, are games they costed us or nearly did just last season.

Plus, most importantly, we have two choices, an improved bench or an improved starting 11, absolute no brainer.

I agree. If the price is right we sell those two. It’s sad because they’ve been at the club for so long but if we get good money its the best for all parties.

25m - AMN
25m - Torreira
20m - Emi

We can’t pass that kind of money up for mostly squad players. Especially if it means taking care of our poor midfield. If we manage to shift Guendouzi, Kolasinac and Sokratis as well then I could see us bringing in 2 midfielders. And that’s without selling any guaranteed starters.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
25-30m is decent business if we decide to sell AMN. He's not a starter here. He never has.

He has always been a back up full back to Bellerin and Monreal. Let's not get carried away with his performance in the cup games. Even Mustafi performed well in those games. Hell, Elneny looked good against Liverpool in the CS.

AMN is a good player but is really indispensable to this team?

Tbh, I don't really care which ever one we keep, Bellerin or AMN. As long as the fund we generate from the sale goes towards upgrading the team.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Hate to say it but for now, Wolves are our direct rivals. You either simply don’t sell or you make it worth your while.

40million would do it for me, love Ainsley but does he reeeeeally want to play RB? If he does Id keep, otherwise 40million or no deal.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Hate to say it but for now, Wolves are our direct rivals. You either simply don’t sell or you make it worth your while.

40million would do it for me, love Ainsley but does he reeeeeally want to play RB? If he does Id keep, otherwise 40million or no deal.

I'd personally say £30M +. I think Ainsley's agent is probably pushing hard for this. See what Arteta says today in his press conference.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He just got a senior England cap playing at RB, if that doesn't tell him that his future is at RB then nothing will.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I'd personally say £30M +. I think Ainsley's agent is probably pushing hard for this. See what Arteta says today in his press conference.
Yeah makes a difference if he’s angling for the move but my point still stands, you don’t strengthen your direct rivals on the cheap.
25/30 is probably his actual value but you have to add inflation for selling to a direct competitor. 35 & 5 in add ons would do nicely

roz

Fake News Merchant
He just got a senior England cap playing at RB, if that doesn't tell him that his future is at RB then nothing will.
He only played 4 mins though. He’s got possibly the best RB in the world keeping him from starting for England, not to mention more established/complete players like Walker & Tripper probably ahead of him.

He probably sees CM as a more obtainable position for England.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Really think this could be Maitland-Niles' season if he gets a starting spot. Would be gutted if we lose him, especially if it's for less than €30m.

I'd rather sell Bellerin for €35m than Maitland-Niles for €27m.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah makes a difference if he’s angling for the move but my point still stands, you don’t strengthen your direct rivals on the cheap.
25/30 is probably his actual value but you have to add inflation for selling to a direct competitor. 35 & 5 in add ons would do nicely

Don't think we should be looking at Wolves as direct rivals personally. They finished on 59 points last season, 57 points the season before that. I think they've hit their ceiling unless they start signing players that push them further forward. They've lost one of their best players in Doherty and haven't improved the starting 11 to push them higher.

Selling Ainsley to them as a RWB doesn't improve them, it pretty much just replaces Doherty. But even then Doherty was an insane attacking outlet for Wolves, not sure Ainsley is that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He only played 4 mins though. He’s got possibly the best RB in the world keeping him from starting for England, not to mention more established/complete players like Walker & Tripper probably ahead of him.

He probably sees CM as a more obtainable position for England.

AMN is getting nowhere near the England squad based on his merits as a CM. Yeah it's only 4 mins and there's a lot of competition at RB but it's a hell of a lot better than never getting a call-up. Couple of injuries and AMN could be on the plane to a major tournament.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Let's not get above our station, as much to hate to say it, Wolves are a direct rival to us currently. It would be utter lunacy to sell them AMN.

The thought we'd hand over one of our most prized English academy products, who knows the club inside and out and who will be a valuable asset for us for a decade because people are obsessed with signing a French kid with 3 goals and 4 assists last season, for £60m, is a joke to me. Sorry.

Seeing academy kids come through and make the grade at Arsenal is one of my favourite things about the club. I'm not okay will giving one away to a direct rival just to satisfy peoples need for a flavour of the month signing.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

:lol:

Are you serious with these stats? You do realise we’ve had a pandemic and the players have had enough time to rest and recuperate since January 2020.

Give it a rest bro. I’m aware that Bellerin has had injury problems over the past two seasons.

What rest? I just gave people more information about this matter, as it doesn't look like he has been injured this year much. Your statement made it look like that.

I thought he was injured more this year so when I checked it, I put it here too.

Wtf man. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Let's not get above our station, as much to hate to say it, Wolves are a direct rival to us currently. It would be utter lunacy to sell them AMN.

The thought we'd hand over one of our most prized English academy products, who knows the club inside and out and who will be a valuable asset for us for a decade because people are obsessed with signing a French kid with 3 goals and 4 assists last season, for £60m, is a joke to me. Sorry.

Seeing academy kids come through and make the grade at Arsenal is one of my favourite things about the club. I'm not okay will giving one away to a direct rival just to satisfy peoples need for a flavour of the month signing.

And what if its Ainsley pushing for the move?

Aouar isn't flavour of the month, he's one of the biggest midfield talents in world football. I guess you didn't rate Iniesta for not scoring or assisting 25 goals a season.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yeah, you don’t sell your England internationals after their first cap to a team close to us in the table, that’s a bit bizarre.

If we actually tried to sign most of the players who made an appearance against Denmark recently, we actually couldn’t afford it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, you don’t sell your England internationals after their first cap to a team close to us in the table, that’s a bit bizarre.

If we actually tried to sign most of the players who made an appearance against Denmark recently, we actually couldn’t afford it.

The question is if we were sitting here with Bellerin and Cedric whilst AMN was playing at Wolves, would we be happy if we were looking to sign him for £25M?

I wouldn't be, i'd think that's shocking business considering we need two midfielders.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
And what if its Ainsley pushing for the move?

Aouar isn't flavour of the month, he's one of the biggest midfield talents in world football. I guess you didn't rate Iniesta for not scoring or assisting 25 goals a season.

I've only seen Aouar play 3 times, he looks a talent, I don't deny it. Doesn't mean I'd give anything to sign him though. I'm biased but academy products making the grade here is important to me.

He's a young kid, playing in a poor league that we don't know would settle here.

He isn't going to be another Iniesta level talent, sorry. He may have a somewhat similar playing style but Iniesta is one of the greatest players of the modern era. If Aouar has 1/5th of the career Iniesta did he'll have done exceptionally well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Awake now after thinking about this possible sale before I went to bed, calmed down a bit now, and while still not happy about it...we are gonna have to back the club here initially.

Maybe Auba has demanded us sign a player like Partey in order to convince him to stay, to do that we need to raise funds as our owner definitely isn't helping us...I am sure the club would rather sell others, but we can't decide which clubs want our players and for how much, our 2 most in demand players seem to be Niles and Emi.

Getting close to £50 million for the pair, while not great value, would allow us to buy Thomas...Leno and Bellerin are good players, would probably prefer to shift those two, but again we can't decide which players other teams are willing to pay for...and I back Arteta to do well next season, regardless who the keeper and fullback is.

Maybe Niles wants to leave himself, he can publicly say he wants to stay, but none of us know what's happening behind the scenes, some of the stuff that has come out could imply Niles wants to leave (him changing agents, him randomly getting dropped last season could have been because he had asked to leave in the summer etc)

If we get Partey, I will begrudgingly accept these sales, as Thomas could be a game changer for our midfield, greater good and all...lets see what happens when the window closes.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The question is if we were sitting here with Bellerin and Cedric whilst AMN was playing at Wolves, would we be happy if we were looking to sign him for £25M?

I wouldn't be, i'd think that's shocking business considering we need two midfielders.

This is the key point. We cant have all of Cedric/Bellerin/AMN at the club. Its clear Cedric was signed as a back up, so its between Ainsley and Bellerin.

I rate Ainsley a lot more, but at the end of the day the midfield is far more important than right back.

Honestly at this stage I'd get rid of anyone other than Auba/Saka/Pepe/KT/Leno to fund Partey and Aouar.

roz

Fake News Merchant
AMN is getting nowhere near the England squad based on his merits as a CM. Yeah it's only 4 mins and there's a lot of competition at RB but it's a hell of a lot better than never getting a call-up. Couple of injuries and AMN could be on the plane to a major tournament.
I just said 3 players who are above AMN for RB. It would take a freak occurrence for all 3 to get injured at the same time. Much better shot at trying to nail down 1 of the CM positions. He’s already better than Rice & he starts for England at the moment. Henderson is 30 so doesn’t have long left.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I've only seen Aouar play 3 times, he looks a talent, I don't deny it. Doesn't mean I'd give anything to sign him though. I'm biased but academy products making the grade here is important to me.

He's a young kid, playing in a poor league that we don't know would settle here.

He isn't going to be another Iniesta level talent, sorry. He may have a somewhat similar playing style but Iniesta is one of the greatest players of the modern era. If Aouar has 1/5th of the career Iniesta did he'll have done exceptionally well.

But would you rather keep AMN and not improve the midfield when Bellerin is likely to be the starting right back? Sets us back a long time if we don't get this midfield somewhat sorted this window. Having both Bellerin and AMN is completely pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom